Why can't I get rid of the purple and black?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Why can't I get rid of the purple and black?

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Ok, so I downloaded a few Ghastly Gibus skins that I grew tired of, so I got rid of the files attached to them. Usually works, but I keep seeing the god forsaken purple and black checkerboard. I tried reinstalling, deleting all custom content, including my HUD, but it still persists. What the hell is going on?
VoltySquirrel

Re: Why can't I get rid of the purple and black?

by NuclearWatermelon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Did you try verifying game files from within steam?
NuclearWatermelon

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:59 pm

I found a fix. It's all good now. I just moved my Team Fortress 2 folder out of my MrVoltySquirrel folder, then I copyed and pasted my fresh, clean Team Fortress 2 folder from my old ass account. Its all good now. I just needed to stop and think of a solution.
VoltySquirrel

by rawkies » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 am

Alternatively, you can just delete the team fortress 2\tf folder. Everything downloaded is in the .gcf, so you won't have to redownload, just reinstall. The only thing that's different is that you need to wait an extra 15-20 seconds while Steam pulls data from the team fortress 2 content.gcf and writes it to the team fortress 2 folder.
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:57 am

rawkies wrote:Alternatively, you can just delete the team fortress 2\tf folder. Everything downloaded is in the .gcf, so you won't have to redownload, just reinstall. The only thing that's different is that you need to wait an extra 15-20 seconds while Steam pulls data from the team fortress 2 content.gcf and writes it to the team fortress 2 folder.

I didn't know what was vital in that folder, so I just went with the sure thing at the time. Thanks for the tip for the future though.
VoltySquirrel

Return to Team Fortress 2