Is anyone against shotgun spread?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Is anyone against shotgun spread?

by cant speall » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 pm

So I guess I'd just like to see some consistency in the shotgun spread, like I've experienced on other servers. I cant really think of a reason against implementing it, but there's got to be something, right?

I'm just looking to see what the counter argument to shotgun spread is, and to bring the topic to the front of discussion.
cant speall
Donator

Re: Is anyone against shotgun spread?

by Argent » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Random spread is more realistic, is the only argument I can really think about. It is theoretically possible to snipe someone from across the map with a shotgun/scatter gun and have all 10 shell fragments hit the target from so far away, which adds some interesting randomness to the game. That will never ever ever happen when random spread is turned on. I think no random spread helps less experienced players more, because whereas their shots will always be kind of random from lack of skill, they can hope more experienced players will just roll the dice poorly on their spread, and all the shell fragments veer off to the left of their crosshair. It's not totally fair per se, and it is frustrating in practice, but I think it's an okay implement for such casual servers as the CSn slayboxes.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Patrid » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:03 am

Like that time I 2-shotted you w/ the pyro shotty when you were full health scout at around close-mid range?
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by cant speall » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:39 am

You know me, always complaining. But I mean, I'd really like to see the

spread for the shotty
cant speall
Donator

by Toaster » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 am

Argent wrote: It is theoretically possible to snipe someone from across the map with a shotgun/scatter gun and have all 10 shell fragments hit the target from so far away,

Rockets also track down enemy's when random spread is turned off.
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by cant speall » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:52 pm

I mean, I'd like to see it, and im not sure theres too much of an argument
cant speall
Donator

by Toaster » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:57 pm

cant speall wrote:I mean, I'd like to see it, and im not sure theres too much of an argument

Yeah there really is little difference, only less trivialized scout battles is what it comes down to. I would like it since symmetry is always a good idea... and I enjoy playing scout when theres not too much spam.
Toaster

by IncredulousDylan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 am

Personally, I would rather leave it as is. However small, Valve kept things such as this and criticals in mind while designing the game and I don't see any reason to change it. The two critsandvich servers I play on don't seem competitive at all and there's no reason to worry about nocrits, nospread, etc. on them.
IncredulousDylan

by Argent » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 am

Well, we did have nocrits/nospread on arenabox (may it rest in pieces), but that was 'cause death was a big deal in arena....

JUST SAYIN'

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by critspam » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 am

well it does mean experienced players suffer a lot more because they can get dominated by noobs when they get unlucky. and that is why i prefer meleeing EVERYTHING! apart from the crit rates.
crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits.

just living up to my name.
critspam

by SirFoxey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 pm

well, i prefer spread as opposed to no spread on servers. keeping the spread at 9x9x9 at all ranges makes it an unfair advantage to have a shotgun with no spread and is also very unrealistic.

I blame my hardrive
SirFoxey

by critspam » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:56 pm

unrealistic? thats just what i need to be able to play TF2! (check the TF2... REALISTIC?!? topic for why)
crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits crits.

just living up to my name.
critspam

by Amplify » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:03 pm

no spread on Slaybox 2 pweassssssse.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Toaster » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

iAmplify wrote:no spread on Slaybox 2 pweassssssse.

I suggested this when random crits were tuned off on SB2, the great creators haven't answered our prayers yet. :(
Toaster

by NBC011795 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:51 pm

I like the shotgun spread, But I wish they would come out with something like a rifle for the Engineer.
NBC011795
Pink Admin

by bjordan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:00 pm

I wish they would make anything new for the engineer. Actually, since the detonator lets pyro play demo, I want a sentry with a slower firing rate (or less damage given) but catches spies on fire. It would be my counter to new pyros who let dr spies roam free.
bjordan

by Sirnak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:21 pm

NBC011795 wrote:I like the shotgun spread, But I wish they would come out with something like a rifle for the Engineer.

Please stop bumping topics. :(

bjordan wrote:I wish they would make anything new for the engineer. Actually, since the detonator lets pyro play demo, I want a sentry with a slower firing rate (or less damage given) but catches spies on fire. It would be my counter to new pyros who let dr spies roam free.

I still think Valve should have used Portal 2's lauch to give a Portal sentry to the Engineer. The funny vocals of these sentries would have been a nice addition to the already funny lines you can hear here and there in TF2. The stats? Pretty much the same damage as a normal lvl1 sentry gun, but with the advantage that the sentry's sensor laser (you remember how Portal sentries roam their sensor laser from left to right?) would notice Spies that it touches (visible or invisible) and keeps firing them until they die... Why did Valve only created a stupid TF2 misc item for Portal 2? Why? -.-

Portal sentries could even have had punch lines like "Good night." when they would have killed somebody. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Hatred » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:32 pm

the best argument is that ppl only bitch about random crits and no-spread is cause they are try hards that blame there death on randomness instead of there own flaws ... why play a game that you can always predict everything its pointless and boring that OH shit u got me or OH shit i got u is half the fun ...

if you dont like these things about the game play CSS .... oh wait most of u play TF2 cause the less randomness of CSS (why i play) and then act good at a game designed to be easy from start playing the easiest class and bich cause it was made to be this way (yes i know im terrible) ... AM I RIGHT ?

end point if you guys dont lie the game for what it is don play it there is many other games just like these alteraion servers but not made to be easy ...

DERP ;P
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Sirnak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Hatred wrote:the best argument is that ppl only bitch about random crits and no-spread is cause they are try hards that blame there death on randomness instead of there own flaws ... why play a game that you can always predict everything its pointless and boring that OH shit u got me or OH shit i got u is half the fun ...

if you dont like these things about the game play CSS .... oh wait most of u play TF2 cause the less randomness of CSS (why i play) and then act good at a game designed to be easy from start playing the easiest class and bich cause it was made to be this way (yes i know im terrible) ... AM I RIGHT ?

end point if you guys dont lie the game for what it is don play it there is many other games just like these alteraion servers but not made to be easy ...

DERP ;P

B-b-b-but...!!!

I never said anything against anything you said... o.o
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Guy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:22 pm

No spread... I play medic...

GTFO. I already have to dodge like hell to keep from being 1 shotted, now have a perfect shot w/shotgun spam? FFS. LTP.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

Return to Team Fortress 2