Community vote. Return crits to slaybox 2

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Read before voting!

crits yes?
48%
crits no?
53%

Total votes : 40

Community vote. Return crits to slaybox 2

by Failhorse » Tue May 31, 2011 12:35 pm

Read before voting!

This vote will be taken with a grain of salt. Some have said that the popularity of this server is detracted by slaybox 1. That somehow the no random crits makes it harder to pop and stay popped. Partly due to the style of player that will join. Partly everyone turning "clicky" and wanting to play with specific people who only play on slaybox 1.

This is not a venue to promote your personal preference on the matter. But your educated opinion on what is best for the community. We thrive with full servers, and must do what we can to accommodate the general community. Many have asked about the west coast server. With the current instability of the trade/fun servers. Plus the decline in SB2. This server is currently on hold. We've had a slight player decline. Instabilities/crashes can be fixed. Otherwise we need to take a closer look.

Current differences
Slaybox 1 has a more robust map lineup. Including Hydro, Doublecross, Pipeline, and 2fort.
The name (obviously.) Could I vs II really make a difference?
random crits.

Current slaybox 2 map list
Code: Select all
"random_rotation"
{
    "Awesome Maps"
    {
        "group_weight" "4"

"plr_pipeline" {}
        "pl_upward" {}
      "pl_frontier_final" {}
        "cp_freight_final1" {}
      "cp_egypt_final" {}
      "pl_hoodoo_final" {}
    }

"Great Maps"
    {   
        "group_weight"  "3"

"pl_goldrush" {}
      "cp_steel" {}
      "ctf_doublecross" {}
      "tc_hydro" {}
        "cp_dustbowl" {}
      "plr_hightower" {}
      "cp_granary" {}
      "koth_nucleus"  {}
    }

"OK Maps"
    {
        "group_weight"      "2"
        "default_min_players" "4"
      "pl_badwater" {}
        "ctf_turbine" {}
      "koth_viaduct" {}
        "cp_gravelpit" {}
        "cp_gorge" {}
      "koth_badlands" {}
        "cp_badlands"{}
        "cp_well" {}
      "koth_lakeside_final" {}     
    }

"No One Votes For These"
    { 
        "default_min_players"   "6"
        "koth_harvest_event" {}
      "ctf_2fort" {}
        "pl_thundermountain"
        {
            "weight"  "2"
        }
        "cp_yukon_final" {}
        "cp_fastlane" {}
      "plr_nightfall_final" {}
      "cp_coldfront" {}
      "ctf_sawmill" {}
    }

}

Otherwise identical.

Discuss...
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Community vote. Return crits to slaybox 2

by Trauma Advocate » Tue May 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Well, for what it's worth I'm with you, Failhorse - In the end I don't care whether it has random crits or not, I'd just like to see more activity there. As for which will earn that end result better, feh, your guess is as good as mine - or better.
Trauma Advocate
Donator
Spooky

by Sirnak » Tue May 31, 2011 1:12 pm

Failhorse, I think you brought something simple but incredibly brillant. Slaybox II. I think it should have another name that wouldn't make people think about "second place". Ya know, the second place, the one far away from the best one...

Maybe change the Slayboxes names to something like "Slaybox Alpha" and "Slaybox Omega". Or any other name without numerical numbers. MAYBE it'd help to solve the population problem.

Back on the current question, I think crits should be returned to Slaybox II. Crits are bullshit and I hate them like many people, but it's part of the fun randomness of the game too. I also believe that since most of us have been dealing with crits for a couple hundred of hours of TF2, it feels "vintage". I think most players, even if they rage about random crits, don't actually want to play without random crits because it's the way they always played their TF2. And they learned to live with this "vintage" TF2.

So I vote Yes. o.o
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by doppelganger » Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Sirnak wrote:Failhorse, I think you brought something simple but incredibly brillant. Slaybox II. I think it should have another name that wouldn't make people think about "second place". Ya know, the second place, the one far away from the best one...

Maybe change the Slayboxes names to something like "Slaybox Alpha" and "Slaybox Omega". Or any other name without numerical numbers. MAYBE it'd help to solve the population problem.

Back on the current question, I think crits should be returned to Slaybox II. Crits are bullshit and I hate them like many people, but it's part of the fun randomness of the game too. I also believe that since most of us have been dealing with crits for a couple hundred of hours of TF2, it feels "vintage". I think most players, even if they rage about random crits, don't actually want to play without random crits because it's the way they always played their TF2. And they learned to live with this "vintage" TF2.

So I vote Yes. o.o

Agreed, however I don't mind playing w/o them... Someone mentioned switching the two names for a while and seeing if "1" is still the more popular one, I think that could be an interesting research project.
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

by Failhorse » Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

crafty time. Guess which is which.
Attachments
slayboxtest.jpg
slayboxtest.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Patrid » Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Of late, I've died quite a few (understatement) time from random crits. However, I still support crits because of that added element of surprise and rage.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Trauma Advocate » Tue May 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Heh.
Trauma Advocate
Donator
Spooky

by Cash » Tue May 31, 2011 2:23 pm

I understand why people would enjoy a game free of random crits, but I'm with Patrid here. I think they add to the fun of the game. However, I mostly don't play on SB2 because of the rotation rather than the crits. I love me some pipeline and hydro.
This is a signature. Thank you for your time.
Cash

by stanley » Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 pm

i dont play sb2 because no ones ever there...i dont think the no crits are why people dont play on sb2. i dont play sb2 that often because ill see a bunch of my friends in sb1, and so thats where a join. i feel like sb1 has just become the server to go to, and not because of random crits, but thats just how it is. if no one is in a sever, and 5 people join sb2, people will join there rather than sb1. Also, i agree with cash about the map rotation. get a few other good maps in there...

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Harri » Tue May 31, 2011 2:51 pm

I voted yes. But, seriously. I've never had an issue with poping SBII. Just get in there and invite some friends. Or make an event in the Admin steam group or community group.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Tue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm

New IP.
Ackybur
Donator

by Argent » Tue May 31, 2011 2:55 pm

The people who like no random crits REALLY like random crits, and the people who don't like them, REALLY don't like them. There's a lot of people who really don't give a shit, I think, but I think there are a lot more people who REALLY don't like random crits than the other side of the spectrum. I've also found it hard to pop SB2 in midday and especially evening/night when I'm usually here. I do honestly think it would be easier to fill if we brought crits back to SB2.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by cant speall » Tue May 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Argent wrote:The people who like no random crits REALLY like random crits, and the people who don't like them, REALLY don't like them. There's a lot of people who really don't give a shit...

This. I would much rather play w/o crits, personally, but WAY above that comes playing with people I like (and on a populated server). Map rotation is a large part of that, at least a little bigger than crits. If we honestly think crits are the problem then I would be happy we bring them back. Personally, I would like to see more custom maps, and would suggest turning crits on and make sb2 a custom map server. That's just my two cents.
cant speall
Donator

by GoDM1N » Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Failhorse wrote: That somehow the no random crits makes it harder to pop and stay popped. Partly due to the style of player that will join. Partly everyone turning "clicky" and wanting to play with specific people who only play on slaybox 1.
Slaybox 1 has a more robust map lineup. Including Hydro, Doublecross, Pipeline, and 2fort.
The name (obviously.) Could I vs II really make a difference?
random crits.

Otherwise identical.

Its all of the above really.

Its harder to pop a pub no random crit server because it attracts comp players and the two simply don't mix well a lot of times. The pubbers just want to have fun and play for 1hr or 2, while the comp players want to practice and be serious and generally only play for 30 mins or so before leaving to join their team in matches. Comp players are also 90% of the team stackers on the slayboxes, and that just crashes the server faster for the pub players which are our majority. If you notice while there aren't any comp players and everyone in the server is a regular, it does fine. However once people start joining who take the game too serious it starts to die. Same thing happens to SB1 when people act too serious, all the regulars start leaving and the server dies 10 mins later. The difference is SB1 has random crits which makes the over all experience way less competitive and serious.

The map lineup is another reason why SB2 doesn't do as well imo. While Badwater and Upward are awesome for popping a server, generally regulars have already played them 30mins before the last change. Hydro, Pipeline, 2fort ect are all NEW maps to me, and I'm sure a lot of other regulars feel the same. I haven't really played on non-critsandvich servers for nearly 2 years, so they're very fresh to me. Which kind of goes back to scaring the regulars off SB2 I think, I don't wanna be stuck playing Badwater, Goldrush, Badlands, Badwater again, Upward ect ect all night. Ofc it all depends on what people vote for, but again, the no random crits attracts comp players, so we're generally stuck on whatever they vote for, which is usually some 5cp map or Badwater and since they don't generally stay too long, by the time we've made it through 2 or 3 maps, a new wave of compers have joined and we're back on the same 3 maps again which helps attract more comp players. This again, shoos off the regulars, and they're the reason the server stays full, not some 18 year old comp player with a chip on his shoulder. I feel Maps like Hydro and 2fort scare off the comp players, while attracting more of our regulars (Wow, Hyrdo? I haven't played that in years!)

While the name could have something to do with it, I feel the people have MORE to do with it than anything. A server is only as good as the company it keeps, at least to me. While I don't really have a problem with most of the regulars around here, there are some assholes who only play in SB2 or SB1 that I'd simply rather not play with. On the other hand there are some people who I'd rather play with, and in my case most of those people only play on SB1, so of course I'm going to join SB1 over SB2 if I see them playing. I think thats the biggest point that needs to be made, people enjoy playing with other players who are fun to play with, not a group of people who sit in a vent server, team stack, generally don't say anything and who take the game too seriously. Not that I'm saying we should ban all the people who do this (or that we shouldn't stop team stacking) but that they are a contributing factor for why it can be harder to pop servers and gain new active members. If someone new joins SB1 and no one is talking, everyone is serious and bitching about everything, they're not going to have a good time or come back. If they join and see everyone joking, giving out items and having a good time, they to will have a good time and are more likely to join the community.

All this said, I don't think the return of random crits will fix the problem, at least not at the start. The return of random crits will scare off some comp players, but from there we will have to build a community on SB2 ourselves if we want people to play there regularly. SB2 needs a Fingerman basically, maybe we should clone him or something.

Harri wrote:I voted yes. But, seriously. I've never had an issue with poping SBII. Just get in there and invite some friends. Or make an event in the Admin steam group or community group.

Yes, but keeping it popped is the problem. I remember we popped SB2 like 3 or 4 times in one day last week, and each time we left to eat or whatever and came back it was empty again. I got up today did some stuff, joined SB1 and left about 2 or 3 hrs ago. Right now its still full and has quite a few of the people I would join a server to play with. So again, Server is only as good as the company it keeps (Note, not necessarily aimed at the people here, its more about those people who play on the servers but aren't active members of the community or care about it)
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Mike808 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:28 pm

NO CRITS, CRITS ARE FROM THE DEVIL
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Failhorse » Tue May 31, 2011 4:40 pm

I updated the original post with the current slaybox 2 map list. Remember any can be nominated.
Also, keep this topic on point, and don't post if you're going to be under 10 characters. Thanks.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by vertigo » Tue May 31, 2011 5:43 pm

As someone who is new to the community, I generally go for the server that has the most people who I recognize in it. This is almost always Slaybox 1. Occasionally I will hop on Slaybox 2 if 1 is full, but most of the time I try to join 1 as soon as there is an available spot. I don't really pay attention to the map rotation or lack of crits; it is all about the people.
Image Image
vertigo

by Mangachu » Tue May 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:New IP.

Before when we had "no crits" in the title, and the ip was not changed it was fine
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by Ackybur » Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Mangachu wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:New IP.

Before when we had "no crits" in the title, and the ip was not changed it was fine

No, I'm saying the new IP might be the problem. It was popped fine before we had to switch it. Counted and it's 10 characters.

Just in case.....
:)
:(
:0
:/
Ackybur
Donator

by Amplify » Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I enjoy my SB2 no crit. I even hate myself when I pop a random crit and get a domination, that's not a domination for me. It's only luck and no skills.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Maringue » Tue May 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Failhorse wrote:crafty time. Guess which is which.

We should call one Slaybox 1 and the other Slaybox A.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by GoDM1N » Tue May 31, 2011 11:47 pm

iAmplify wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I enjoy my SB2 no crit. I even hate myself when I pop a random crit and get a domination, that's not a domination for me. It's only luck and no skills.

Well luck can be things other than random crits. Eg spam.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Amplify » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:00 am

GoDM1N wrote:

Well luck can be things other than random crits. Eg spam.

Random pills happend too, but random rolling crit pill blowing me as soon has I walk out the spawn is another thing. 125 dmg? Really? Fuck my luck sometime.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:27 am

Maringue wrote:

We should call one Slaybox 1 and the other Slaybox A.

Agreed. Any Futurama reference should exist on our server.
VoltySquirrel

by Mike808 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by doppelganger » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 am

GoDM1N wrote:While the name could have something to do with it, I feel the people have MORE to do with it than anything. A server is only as good as the company it keeps, at least to me...

I would have to agree with this statement. I returned to CSn after the first time because of Fingerman... I mostly play in SB1 because of Fingerman... I am an admin because of Fingerman... you get the idea? When I had more time and played for hours everyday, I would switch between servers depending on if I was getting annoyed by certain individuals or not *cough*Hard Ass*cough* and then a short while later they'd join that one I'd have to switch back lol. Before the IP change I would join SB2 and everyone seemed to know one another and I knew NONE of them. Which means there was possibly a community there that wasn't actually a part of the community? Which would lead more to the IP change.

Random crits aren't so random... your chances to "randomly" crit increase with the amount of damage you've done throughout your life... therefore people who do good get rewarded and do better...

I also like Failhorse's research with ! and !! Maybe that's all it takes? I simply just mentioned crits because a lot of the people I had invited that day had commented negatively about it... but if I tend to play more in SB1 than that means the people on my friends list probably play there more as well which probably means that they prefer crits. So maybe my experienced was biased.

When I first started I thought Failhorse was the Fingerman of SB2 =X
doppelganger
Blue Admin

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 am

doppelganger wrote:I would have to agree with this statement. I returned to CSn after the first time because of Fingerman... I mostly play in SB1 because of Fingerman... I am an admin because of Fingerman... you get the idea?

I see how it is. You don't like me.
VoltySquirrel

by doppelganger » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:48 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:
doppelganger wrote:I would have to agree with this statement. I returned to CSn after the first time because of Fingerman... I mostly play in SB1 because of Fingerman... I am an admin because of Fingerman... you get the idea?

I see how it is. You don't like me.

*inhale, sigh* FINALLY! You understand!

Actually, as much as I've had a bronner for Fingerman, I rarely never play with him anymore and he's too popular to pat me on the head and say "at a boy" all the time... so it's the regulars that I still play with that keep me coming back, of course, Mr Volty (my first victim). Now stay on subject!

As far as crits go, I find it more frustrating when I get one shot on a critless server, because it's like... for real? damage spread hates me...
doppelganger
Blue Admin

by Amplify » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 am

doppelganger wrote:

Random crits aren't so random... your chances to "randomly" crit increase with the amount of damage you've done throughout your life... therefore people who do good get rewarded and do better...

I know that, but in the end it's probabilities and it's random.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Failhorse » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 am

Fingerman Fingerman Fingerman. That's all I hear. What about my shenanigans? My shenanigans are fun and cheeky. His shenanigans are...

F it

Failhorse
Red Admin

by GoDM1N » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:01 am

GoDM1N
Donator

by Techercizer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 am

Sorry to break the chain of thoughtful discussion and well-reasoned analysis, but I main SB1 because it's the first SB I found and because keeping two of those things in my favorites list would be confusing. Selfish I know, but I'm just so used to SB1 that the idea of jumping into SB2, even if it were to have almost the same settings and maps, seems like a bit of a leap to me. I think taking the 2 out of its name was a good move, but for me at least, it's all about which IP I favorited first.

I'm going to be all over the new custom server though; there's a difference between that and SB1 that's big enough for me to understand and choose between depending on my mood.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by Zclipse » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 am

I still have yet to add it since the IP change, on the rare occasion I see it, it's empty so I usually head over to sb1.
Could we maybe fix the issue with not being able to get into sb1 because it says the servers full though it says 24/25, you have to manually refresh multiple times just to get in.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Maringue » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 pm

If it says 24/25, that means the server is full. It's the new stupid counting method that Steam uses for the replay thingy, it always shows one less player than is actually in the server.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Mike808 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:39 pm

please leave it no crit.
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Amplify » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Mike808 wrote:please leave it no crit.

iAmplify wrote:please leave it no crit.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Maringue » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 pm

If the server has no crits and no one plays there, does it matter anymore?
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Amplify » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Each time I try to pop it nobody's joining. Need more event for SB 2.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Mangachu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:50 pm

crit vote
at the start of every map, or maybe every round we have a vote. Which ever one wins gets disabled/enabled depending on the vote
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by Enigma » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:06 pm

iAmplify wrote:Each time I try to pop it nobody's joining. Need more event for SB 2.
Enigma

by GoDM1N » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:43 pm

iAmplify wrote:Each time I try to pop it nobody's joining. Need more event for SB 2.

or more people who care about not having crits. Events don't have anything do do with it.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Hatred » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:16 pm

there realy isnt any skill to this game .... maybe airshots but is a spam game .....

on another note i love and hate random crits they are the great equalizer .... turn a corner and BAM your fragged i vote yes .... and maybe add more maps and a class cap for all classes lol ...

on another, nother note .... and this isnt ment as any offence to ppl but i've been finding i dont wanna play on SB! (lol 1 ! = SB1) latly cause of all the regs .... most of them are 1 class wonders and thats mostly soldier or spy ... love u guys but its boring when you always know what to expect ... rockets .... and maybe a stab .... we need to pop SB!! so i can leave to non soldier server when theres 10 SB! ....

still love the crits turned on though

PPPS. maybe make it so when you try to go to SB1 and its full itauto makes you go to SB2 lol
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by stanley » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:12 pm

i mangachus idea of a vote at the beggining of a map (if thats at all possible) but i really dont think crits should go back to it permanently. the idea of spam killing 3 people bugs me, and im sure it bugs a lot of other people too. im sure i speak for a lot of people when i say i dont like getting killed by random crits, and i dont feel good about killing people with random crits.

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

Return to Team Fortress 2