HL DJ newbie!

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

HL DJ newbie!

by Richard Grey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm

So I just downloaded Half-Life DJ, and while I sift through the instructions, are there any reccomendations for what I should be doing?
Richard Grey
Donator

Re: HL DJ newbie!

by tehs4ndman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:02 pm

dbpoweramp to convert to a wave file and goldwave to lower the bass

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

by Richard Grey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Hmm, would Audacity work? That's the program reccomended by the website... And I just downloaded it...
Richard Grey
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Audacity would also work. Fair warning however: Don't abuse it on the servers. People hate that shit during regualr gameplay (I would know). Do as Sandman does and only do it at round end.
VoltySquirrel

by HibiscusKazeneko » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:21 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:Audacity would also work. Fair warning however: Don't abuse it on the servers. People hate that shit during regualr gameplay (I would know). Do as Sandman does and only do it at round end.

Or do it on the trade server. I hear mic spam there all the time.
HibiscusKazeneko

by Richard Grey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Thank you all for the advice. I'll make sure not to blare it when it isn't wanted. I'll just save it for special occasions.
Richard Grey
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I don't know if micspam works on the Funbox. Last time I tried, nothing came out. Benny might have switched SILK off sometime afterwards, but I haven't checked to make sure.

Anyways, I use Goldwave for my HLDJ conversions. Audacity will work, as well. Just know what you're doing with it, though. Not saying it's hard to use, but I'm sure people overlook that one requirement sometimes. If micspam works on the Funbox, feel free. Just don't play anything that pisses people off and listen to the admins.
Nikki Wolf

by JimBob » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:12 pm

HLDJ itself already uses Goldwave when converting .mp3 to .wav files. If it has bad quality on the servers you'll have to reconvert it and lower the volume. The servers (Trade last I checked, same with Funbox) don't have the ability to micspam anymore. It seems on every restart or crash the commands reset, you can probably just find a server if you wanna use it though. Oh, and if you want to listen to your music through HLDJ, you can probably just ask an admin to mute you and only you will be able to hear it, if you don't wanna tab out.
๑ﭥ klanana: it's funny that you always thought i was a guy, named klare
JimBoBob: Fail, oaties!
๑ﭥ klanana: tbh, i always thought you were mean to me before because i was a girl
oaties: lol, really?
๑ﭥ klanana: then i found out you thought i was a guy.
JimBob

by Mike808 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:Audacity would also work. Fair warning however: Don't abuse it on the servers. People hate that shit during regualr gameplay (I would know). Do as Sandman does and only do it at round end.

be like mike and have files that can replace me talking?
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

Return to Team Fortress 2