Rest assured, your donations are for a good cause.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Rest assured, your donations are for a good cause.

by cant speall » Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 am

As a (although not current) donator, can I ask what this actually involves? Just curious.
cant speall
Donator

Re: Rest assured, your donations are for a good cause.

by Guy » Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 am

Server rental cost.
*If the servers arn't rented, upkeep, upgrades, internet connection, ect.

Website

Are the main two I would suppose.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Ackybur » Tue May 31, 2011 9:18 am

Mumble, each server, websies
Ackybur
Donator

by Sirnak » Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 am

What? You mean the money I gave didn't serve to kidnap babies and sell back their organs?

In what kind of shit have I entered again. :/
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by xbawkzes » Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 am

I'd be very surprised if the Mumble had to be paid for. I know a lot of server hosts that give you a free mumble when you buy a server. But then again, that's not everyone.

However yeah, it probably all goes towards the servers, and I know that TF2 servers (especially how many this place has with the amount of slots available) isn't cheap. At all.
Ninja wrote:Well its not like our admins are any good.

Unusuals: 13/50
xbawkzes
Donator
How to: Professionally Piss Off Head Admins.

by cant speall » Tue May 31, 2011 2:35 pm

I was kind of looking for a more official answer. I don't really care if the server is being run for profit, I just want to know. If that sort of information is too private then that's okay too, but I do expect a response of some kind from a Red-min.
cant speall
Donator

by Failhorse » Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm

We're not running this for profit. We've do have cash reserves. This is mainly thanks to the continuing community donation that is Fingerman. And the general ups and downs of a donation driven economy.

Don't want to get to specific. Our monthly bills are apx 150-200 a month. Thanks to fingerman this is significantly lower. Considering how f-ed our fun/trade servers have been. Cash reserves are a wonderful thing.

All modding and server work is done in house. And no one gets paid for it. Though if you see benny with 5-10 new games. Don't question it :lol:
Failhorse
Red Admin

by cant speall » Tue May 31, 2011 4:41 pm

Failhorse wrote:We're not running this for profit. We've do have cash reserves. This is mainly thanks to the continuing community donation that is Fingerman. And the general ups and downs of a donation driven economy.

Don't want to get to specific. Our monthly bills are apx 150-200 a month. Thanks to fingerman this is significantly lower. Considering how f-ed our fun/trade servers have been. Cash reserves are a wonderful thing.

All modding and server work is done in house. And no one gets paid for it. Though if you see benny with 5-10 new games. Don't question it :lol:

Good enough for me! Thanks for the response, once I get off work I'll be sure to put in another donation.
cant speall
Donator

by Guy » Tue May 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Next paycheck, I slap down another 20.
I am just a broke ass student at the moment.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by GoDM1N » Tue May 31, 2011 5:00 pm

xbawkzes wrote:I'd be very surprised if the Mumble had to be paid for. I know a lot of server hosts that give you a free mumble when you buy a server. But then again, that's not everyone.

Shit, if part of my donations are going to a mumble server nobody seems to use, or that we even need, I'd be a little pissed lol. Who actually uses that thing? Everyone I've asked (including admins) said its always empty. I thought that was the thing about mumble anyway, its free, where as vent you have to pay for.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Mangachu » Tue May 31, 2011 6:41 pm

paying fingerman for his boxes
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by Ackybur » Tue May 31, 2011 9:35 pm

cant speall wrote:I was kind of looking for a more official answer. I don't really care if the server is being run for profit, I just want to know. If that sort of information is too private then that's okay too, but I do expect a response of some kind from a Red-min.

I used to be a redmin broseph. That's what it's for.
Ackybur
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2