Crash on Startup

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Crash on Startup

by Rustic Apple » Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Latest update screwed up my TF2, crashes a couple seconds after startup. Tried -autoconfig, -safe, validating game files, all the normal fixes. Anyone got some insight?
Rustic Apple
Donator

Re: Crash on Startup

by Mike808 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Rustic Apple wrote:Latest update screwed up my TF2, crashes a couple seconds after startup. Tried -autoconfig, -safe, validating game files, all the normal fixes. Anyone got some insight?

welcome to my life. crash during start up, crash while joining server, crash on map change, crash on team join, crash on load out switch, crash when i breath, crash when i blink, and crash my my heart beats
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Rustic Apple » Fri May 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Goddamn, that sucks :(
There seems to be a few windows updates, lemmie check those out and get back.

*Edit* Nope.avi
*Edit2* So, apparently steam decided to troll me and hasn't updated TF2, standing by
Nope, again
Rustic Apple
Donator

by Failhorse » Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm

are you using a custom menu?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Rustic Apple » Fri May 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Failhorse wrote:are you using a custom menu?

I was, but it got deleted when I got rid of my TF folder.

*Edit* I forgot to mention that there's no error or anything, TF2 just closes
Rustic Apple
Donator

by Enigma » Fri May 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Same thing is happening to me, my hl2.exe keeps crashing at startup
Enigma

by HibiscusKazeneko » Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 am

I just tested it and TF2 launches fine on my Mac, but it crashes when I try to join a server.
My brother's been playing since the update and I don't know if he's had any problems, so the coast should be clear for me to play on PC.
HibiscusKazeneko

by Mangachu » Sat May 07, 2011 9:24 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:I just tested it and TF2 launches fine on my Mac, but it crashes when I try to join a server.
My brother's been playing since the update and I don't know if he's had any problems, so the coast should be clear for me to play on PC.

cl_forcepreload 0 - sacrifices around 10 fps, but connects faster and does not crash, works fine for me though when i have it disabled... but if you crash when you join a server that should work
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by HibiscusKazeneko » Sat May 14, 2011 1:58 am

UPDATE: I can play fine for a few minutes at a time and then out of nowhere- BOOM! The game freezes for a few seconds, the screen turns sepia and I am returned to my desktop. Also I've noticed that when I launch the game, a red stripe appears on the right side of the screen for a fraction of a second (kinda like the effects that occurred when you would turn on an old CRT monitor). I also am unable to work with my loadout.
HibiscusKazeneko

by Mangachu » Sat May 14, 2011 11:25 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:UPDATE: I can play fine for a few minutes at a time and then out of nowhere- BOOM! The game freezes for a few seconds, the screen turns sepia and I am returned to my desktop. Also I've noticed that when I launch the game, a red stripe appears on the right side of the screen for a fraction of a second (kinda like the effects that occurred when you would turn on an old CRT monitor). I also am unable to work with my loadout.

do you try what i said?
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by HibiscusKazeneko » Tue May 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Mangachu wrote:
HibiscusKazeneko wrote:UPDATE: I can play fine for a few minutes at a time and then out of nowhere- BOOM! The game freezes for a few seconds, the screen turns sepia and I am returned to my desktop. Also I've noticed that when I launch the game, a red stripe appears on the right side of the screen for a fraction of a second (kinda like the effects that occurred when you would turn on an old CRT monitor). I also am unable to work with my loadout.

do you try what i said?

Yes, I just did. It had no effect.
HibiscusKazeneko

Return to Team Fortress 2