GTX 1080 presentation

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

GTX 1080 presentation

by Balubish » Sat May 07, 2016 11:41 am

So if you wanna see the new Nvidia presentation as I did, here you go with all the news thats cooming out.

https://youtu.be/OfyG_xLwNyY?t=1424 <-- video presentation

Ansel, taking pictures in games also VR picture that means 360° pics you can share with other VR users or crank up the resolution of a ingame picture to 64000x something, it was insane really.
Also you can move around ur camera while gaming. Pretty neat shit.

VR - Instead of having the the black or grey pixels rendered in the outline the have now made software to remove that and only render the pixels you see anyways and by doing that saving performance.
3 Screen setup for like racing etc are no longer streched on the sidescreens wich have been around for atleast 15years and now they solved that issue.

And performance is from 28nm to 16nm and power consumtion is insanely low and OC on the more expensive version is insane aswell. The card they had in the show 2100MHz on the core wtf and 11.000Mhz on the memory.
and only uses 1 8-pin connector with a TDP of 180Watts. Also their card that was OC runned at 67C° on stock air cooler and the TDP is at 90C°, alot of OC rooom, hopefully.

This series are made for VR and 4K gaming for the price long below last generation. And speed is insane compared to old series. Usually u see like 10-20% over each year, but double, nah cant be true right.

So now AMD have to do a really good fucking job to impress me to even thinking of getting over to the red team.
Last edited by Balubish on Sat May 07, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: GTX 1080 presentation

by Insipid » Sat May 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Yup, gonna be picking one of these up for sure.
I upgraded the rest of my system for VR about a month ago, but held off on the GPU because of the rumor that nvidia was going to announce these new cards soon.
Insipid
Donator

by that shiny mudkip » Sat May 07, 2016 9:59 pm

thinking of buying a razerblade stealth + core and one of these cards :O
i would go for a desktop but i need a laptop for school
that shiny mudkip
Blue Admin

by L0wsound » Sun May 08, 2016 12:51 pm

that shiny mudkip wrote:thinking of buying a razerblade stealth + core and one of these cards :O
i would go for a desktop but i need a laptop for school

That's sound pretty good :D

I've been thinking/talking about building a rig later this year.
Now I think that'll be happening much sooner XD

much excite.
L0wsound

by Balubish » Mon May 09, 2016 5:48 am

980Ti has 5.63TFLOPs compute process power at stock clocks and draws 250watt.
1080 has 9TFLOPs compute process power at stock clocks with 180watt tdp. OC is massive.

But also recently penndragoon sold me on Cuda rendering, Premiere Pro and video editing became pretty fast with my old card aswell thanks to the Cuda Core count I have.

980Ti have 2816 Cuda cores and and a baseclock of 1000MHz makes it one evil and pretty fast render card even though its at 1000Mhz.
1080 have less with its 2560 cuda cores, almost 300 cudas less. But keep in mind it can run at the double speed aswell and at stock clock its at 1600Mhz.
So im not sure if you can do this but should be able to thanks to the speed, say ur OC ur card to 2000Mhz you would technicly have the double speed of a 980Ti.

2560Cuda cores work as 980ti but as it would have the speed as 5120Cuda cores thanks to the much higher frequency. Right?

Makes sense really. When Penndragoon said he was rendering so fast with cuda even though my older GTX 780 2304 cuda cores vs his GTX 970 with 1664 Cuda cores render faster.
And the only reason I can see is thanks to the clock speed is much faster on the 970 and must in my world be the only reason why its much faster.
And if you have technicly with todays speed 5000 cuda cores ur up to the performance of a Titan Z which still is a fucking monster when it comes to 3D rendering and Editing.

Titan X is a pretty fast and good card for sure and with it OC:ability and cuda count of 3072 you can edit and develop like nothing else.
Titan Z though has 5760 frikking cuda cores, wish there were a smiley drewling...

OC the 1080 to around 2GHz will give almost the same rendering power of a Frikkin Titan Z and that is for proffessional use.
And Titan Z is around $2500 in sweden right now. Imagine having that power in ur PC. Hot damn!

Here you have the new GTX 1080 at 1080p gaming the new Doom, either 4K or 144Hz monitors can be done with a single card now :D Also the new Vulkan API, this is the first real benchmark of it.
New era folks. Average FPS seems to be around 140-180fps in this new title at 1080p on max. Not to shabby.

To give you guys a comparisson here is the 980Ti at the same res and max settings.

Yes, its hovering around 60fps. Hot damn, I want 1080 noooow. So in some game its even double as fast as 2 980Ti. Hnngg

Also did a prep for the card. Just ordered this badboy. Yeah I shouldnt but fuck it, it was a long time since I upgraded my monitor anyways. Running with VGA at the moment so. :P
And my plan is 4K gaming so why not go full on with a legit 4K monitor aswell so it looks really good. 4K right now on my 1080p monitor still looks good but with legit 4K monitor it will be even better.
AOC U2879VF 28" / 1ms / HDMI, DVI, DP / 4K UHD

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Fri May 13, 2016 4:09 am

So this is pretty insane. Keep in mind the card is mostly atleast go up to 2GHz on each card with some OC.

I get around 9000points on 3D mark performance today lol so with 2.1Ghz it get almost 3000 less, but at 4K lol

Lets hope these numbers are right, but pretty sure OC3D are always right.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Tue May 17, 2016 5:31 am

Yeah baby!
"GIGABYTE's upcoming Xtreme Gaming GTX 1080 should reach 2.4GHz on the GPU, all in air - and if that's true, get ready to have your mind blown.

The tease of a liquid cooled GeForce GTX 1080 with its GPU clocked at 2.5GHz should be enough for anyone to be impressed, as it'll allow for 4K 60FPS gaming without a problem.

We should expect a few AIB partners to have some insane designs, shown off at Computex 2016 in two weeks time."

This info is from: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52117/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-arrive-liquid-cooled-version-2-5ghz/index.html

Oh man im so looking forward to a new GPU so I can run all games at 4K now. Dayum.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 am

GTX 1070 Benchmark in 3D Mark
Just above Titan X in performance for 379bucks, thats not bad at all.
Now we have to see how AMD answer Nvidia in this matter. Right now the 1070 is faster than Fury X which as for now is AMDs fastest card.
But I think 14nm on AMD will do pretty well and it really comes down to pricing and performance for sure.
But the step between GTX 1070 to GTX 1080 is pretty big in price but aswell performance. So having single card with that much power is always better.
I can just imagine how powerful 1080Ti and new Titan will be. And without similar shadowplay I wont go back to AMD no matter what they perform.
Also new Nvidia series support H.265 format 4K 60fps which is awesome. Right now AMD really have to impress me with some new shit.

AMD Polaris 10 beats Titan X woohoo, in crossfire #Facepalm

Keep in mind these are not numbers cut in stone yet and most of us wanna know real benchmarks "Game perf"...
Also looks like these last numbers are OC numbers. But if its true that Polaris 10 wont even beat their own Fury X going to 14nm its not a good sign for AMD fanboys.
But on the other hand the price will probably be good for that performance.

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:32 am

Its done, now im poor again. Pre-ordered!
I was worried it wouldt be made waterblocks for these thanks to stupid rumors on a forum that they wouldnt make waterblocks on it, after I ordered it.
But contacted one big watercooling company and they answered me that they will make waterblocks for it. Dodged that bullet.

Getting nervous it wont fit now, damn... Im pretty sure I need to reroute the reservoir

Balubish
Donator

by Insipid » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Mine came today! Now I can play a 9 year old game at a slightly faster framerate!

Ignore that rat's nest at the bottom, stupid non-modular power supply :/
Insipid
Donator

by Balubish » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Insipid wrote:Mine came today! Now I can play a 9 year old game at a slightly faster framerate!

Ignore that rat's nest at the bottom, stupid non-modular power supply :/

Nice, im still waiting :(

Balubish
Donator

by Mike808 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:14 am

#jealous
#integratedgraphics
#mycomputerisatoaster
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Insipid » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:08 pm

I thought you pre-ordered?
They taking that long to get to Sweden?
I just used the auto-notify on EVGA's website, took a few tries since they sell out quick, but got an order in eventually.
They seemed to notify that there were some in stock every few days.
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.as ... P4-6286-KR
I lost out on my first try because they make you create an account, so if you go that route make sure to get signed up ahead of time.
Insipid
Donator

by Balubish » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:21 am

Insipid wrote:

I thought you pre-ordered?
They taking that long to get to Sweden?
I just used the auto-notify on EVGA's website, took a few tries since they sell out quick, but got an order in eventually.
They seemed to notify that there were some in stock every few days.
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.as ... P4-6286-KR
I lost out on my first try because they make you create an account, so if you go that route make sure to get signed up ahead of time.

Well I pre-ordered from a swedish company just to have taxes and all that crap fixed. But there doesnt seem to be any GTX 1080's in sweden at all in any brand.
Next time im gonna buy directly from EVGA instead and hope it goes faster cause this is ridicilous.
But it seems that Nvidia havent shipped out enough chips to the aftermarket so there is non to buy or that they can send out really.

So do you have any feedback on some games then? FPS wise...

Balubish
Donator

by Balubish » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 pm

So finally I got my card last week and have had some problems with drivers, bluscreens all kinds of weird shit. Build isnt complete so I blame that of cooling and other stuff.
I stressed I guess after waiting around a year on this card to arrive at my doorstep. Its impressive as hell I gotta say.

Example video: 4K if you have that connection. GTA V Max settings except all AA settings turned off except FXAA is on I think. Game looks amazing and have been playing it alot past days. 60fps 4K with some hickups on certain areas other than that 60fps @ frikkin 4K Max settings.
Im still trying to pick up my jaw from the floor. I knew it was gonna be an upgrade but this insane. I thought atleast I would have to tweak atleast GTA V some to make it run pretty smooth at 4K. You might have to switch quality manually on the gear btw.

Sidenote, this fucking video have almost taken around 20hours to get the 4K button on Youtube, not sure whats up with that. Its around 30min of ingame footage and random ones, took 4-5hours to render aswell. Also im not sure if its my PC or if thats normal at that resolution yet.
Im pretty sure its normal though.

Bonus clip:

Balubish
Donator

Return to Spam Fest