I just sent an Angry Valve mail

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

I just sent an Angry Valve mail

by Balubish » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 am

And yes I have a phone, but its the fucking principal!!!!

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: I just sent an Angry Valve mail

by Someone Special » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:23 am

Balubish wrote:And yes I have a phone, but its the fucking principal!!!!

It is what it is Balubish. Those of us with the authenticator get the priority unfortunately. Nothing can help it.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:25 am

Someone Special wrote:
Balubish wrote:And yes I have a phone, but its the fucking principal!!!!

It is what it is Balubish. Those of us with the authenticator get the priority unfortunately. Nothing can help it.

Blizzard wanted to force me on that shit aswell, guess what, im not using it on Blizzard anymore :)

Balubish
Donator

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:25 am

Umm....did you actually send this? Cuz LMAO

I agree, it's fking stupid. Why the heck did they create mobile authenticator in the first place? It's fking pointless and itscrewed up trading as well. Making it such a fking long process. (excuse my language)
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Balubish » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 am

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:Umm....did you actually send this? Cuz LMAO

I agree, it's fking stupid. Why the heck did they create mobile authenticator in the first place? It's fking pointless and itscrewed up trading as well. Making it such a fking long process. (excuse my language)

Yes I did! I had this stupid fucking problem with Blizzard aswell, its retarded and shouldnt be allowed at all. They have all the info they need on me, they do not need my phone number what so ever.
I dont bother with the trading, sure I can understand just to be more secure, but the phone aswell? Fuck that!

Balubish
Donator

by Kaiuu » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:59 pm

I believe there is a desktop version of this made by geel, creator of scrap.tf, so you could try using that to circumvent this - https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/3 ... ator_beta/
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but steam mobile authentication is not required to play the stress tests, so it's just the beta passes.
Last edited by Kaiuu on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiuu
Donator

by L0wsound » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 am

I read that they implemented that to help dissuade hackers from playing in comp.
Easy to get a new steamid/account, but a little more difficult to get a mobile number.

L
L0wsound

by Rumors » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:01 am

Yeah, TF2 already has enough hackers in since it went F2p. I'm sure they want to keep the comp beta as clean as possible while testing.

You coooould just create a Google Voice number and use that phone number.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Poppet » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Rumors wrote:Yeah, TF2 already has enough hackers in since it went F2p. I'm sure they want to keep the comp beta as clean as possible while testing.

You coooould just create a Google Voice number and use that phone number.

You need the steam app. But the google voice number can be used for the Steam Desktop Authenticator which mimics the steam app.

https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator
Poppet
Blue Admin

by Doctor Galaxy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:40 pm

The Authenticator has a minor good side and larger down side.
The good is that the Authenticator is a one time thing and a way to slow down how scammers operate. Once you download the Steam app and log on, the Authenticator only requires you sign in once. After that it locally stores the algorithm specific to your account to generate valid sign in keys. If the guy on the other line does not have the Authenticator, then you have at least a three day window to see what you're getting.
The MAJOR problem here, which completely defeats the good, is the need of both a smartphone and one that supports iOS or Android, and this is something that me and a couple other people have been concerned about. When it launched last December, I couldn't get it on my Windows Phone since it didn't support it, but I could on my Nexus 7 tablet which made it easier.
The other problem is that it makes trading more tedious than before, which has caused a ton of traders without the Authenticator to be on almost suicide watch.

With that said, Valve actually acknowledges that some people don't have phones or the OS for it.
Hopefully Valve will address it soon enough anyways, Balu.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:The Authenticator has a minor good side and larger down side.
The good is that the Authenticator is a one time thing and a way to slow down how scammers operate. Once you download the Steam app and log on, the Authenticator only requires you sign in once. After that it locally stores the algorithm specific to your account to generate valid sign in keys. If the guy on the other line does not have the Authenticator, then you have at least a three day window to see what you're getting.
The MAJOR problem here, which completely defeats the good, is the need of both a smartphone and one that supports iOS or Android, and this is something that me and a couple other people have been concerned about. When it launched last December, I couldn't get it on my Windows Phone since it didn't support it, but I could on my Nexus 7 tablet which made it easier.
The other problem is that it makes trading more tedious than before, which has caused a ton of traders without the Authenticator to be on almost suicide watch.

With that said, Valve actually acknowledges that some people don't have phones or the OS for it.
Hopefully Valve will address it soon enough anyways, Balu.

Yeah I agree on all points.

Balubish
Donator

by Poppet » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:30 am

Poppet
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 am

Poppet wrote:

ROFL

Balubish
Donator

by Hooked » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:59 pm

They also hold all market transactions for 15 days now if you don't have mobile auth. I tried listing a trading card (14 cents) and it's still hold, meaning it won't be sold, until the 24th. Wtf valve. I'd understand having a hold on items above a certain value but shit. This is 14 cents.

Valve's reliance on automated technologies instead of of adequate human support is absurd. What's with huge companies such as google (Youtube) and Valve having such shitty and borderline nonexistent human interactions?
Hooked

by Balubish » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Hooked wrote:They also hold all market transactions for 15 days now if you don't have mobile auth. I tried listing a trading card (14 cents) and it's still hold, meaning it won't be sold, until the 24th. Wtf valve. I'd understand having a hold on items above a certain value but shit. This is 14 cents.

Valve's reliance on automated technologies instead of of adequate human support is absurd. What's with huge companies such as google (Youtube) and Valve having such shitty and borderline nonexistent human interactions?

yeah they are fucking stupid, they are killing the community basicly by themselfs

Balubish
Donator

by Poppet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Balubish wrote:
Hooked wrote:They also hold all market transactions for 15 days now if you don't have mobile auth. I tried listing a trading card (14 cents) and it's still hold, meaning it won't be sold, until the 24th. Wtf valve. I'd understand having a hold on items above a certain value but shit. This is 14 cents.

yeah they are fucking stupid, they are killing the community basicly by themselfs

The worst part is even with the mobile auth. You still have to click accept on every item you sell even the 4c trading cards. The thing is the desktop one can auto-accept. You're getting shafted if you use the mobile one.

Literally at the lowest account security I've been at in a while BECAUSE OF FUCKING ACCOUNT SECURITY!

Valve trying to be edgy and inventive as ever. Lol
Poppet
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Poppet wrote:
Balubish wrote:

The worst part is even with the mobile auth. You still have to click accept on every item you sell even the 4c trading cards. The thing is the desktop one can auto-accept. You're getting shafted if you use the mobile one.

Literally at the lowest account security I've been at in a while BECAUSE OF FUCKING ACCOUNT SECURITY!

Valve trying to be edgy and inventive as ever. Lol

Totally agreed.

Balubish
Donator

Return to Spam Fest