Sideproject - Pimping my stock rims for my car

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Sideproject - Pimping my stock rims for my car

by Balubish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:34 am

So this is just a concept pic day and evening kinda how it will look "hopefully" when im done.
Stock rims look ok, almost always they are silver only which is ok and every car look the same and is kinda boring.

So my idea is using the rims and add some color to them. I call this "Heavy metal rims"
The speartip/knifetip kinda thing is already in the rims so my plan is sandblasting the middle part and a bit between and then paint them black and leavy the tips and outer part silver.
I have never seen it and looks like a meatgrinder. Yes I hate that maintstream looks on car so who knows, I might be the first one making this kinda mod to a car and original rims.
This will be my second mod to rims i've done to one of my cars. Its kinda fun to have an unusual sideproject. I gotta do something else than just TF2. :P

What do you guys think?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Sideproject - Pimping my stock rims for my car

by Kaiuu » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Pimp my ride - Ikea edition
Kaiuu
Donator

by Rumors » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Sounds like a fun concept. Sandblasting is good idea, plus priming the rims and using a weather/heat/ resistant auto paint and coat will make sure the finish lasts.

Did something like this years ago with my brake calipers. Wanted my shitty old Sunfire to have red calipers like all dem race cars in 2Fast54urious.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:15 am

Rumors wrote:Sounds like a fun concept. Sandblasting is good idea, plus priming the rims and using a weather/heat/ resistant auto paint and coat will make sure the finish lasts.

Did something like this years ago with my brake calipers. Wanted my shitty old Sunfire to have red calipers like all dem race cars in 2Fast54urious.

Yeah alot of ppl wanted it to look like that, thats why im not doing that. No one have done this I believe so thats kinda why im doing it. I want different looking car.
All cars stock basicly look the same in most part, but no one will have the same rims as I do ;)
I've had my fun for now with my 18" rims but it gets bumpy and the whole driveline gets broken out much faster with them so im going stock rims for a while now.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Spam Fest