Nvidia 3D vision - Anyone tried it?

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Nvidia 3D vision - Anyone tried it?

by Balubish » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:23 am

So im kinda curious about Nvidia 3D vision but havent tried it. Have you tried it? Could it be worth it?
The things I have found out is you need a 3D Vision Ready monitor. Wich yeah ok I need to buy glasses and a new monitor.
All those monitors are 120Hz or 144Hz monitors. So kinda win win from my 60Hz. So thats kinda a +.

But my biggest question is how 3D vision works.
Another + I read about but not 100% sure its true, the glasses and a 3D vision ready monitor force any game into real 3D mode. Can this really be true?
Diablo 3 in 3D, Battlefield 4 in 3D, TF2 in 3D, Bioshock Infinite in 3D, Witcher 3 nope, cant get those frames up. I refuse to go lower than 1080p.

Does it work?
Can it be worth buying if you want that little extra for your games you like to play but with extra eyecandy?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Nvidia 3D vision - Anyone tried it?

by yasha » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:08 am

Yeah I have a 144hz BenQ XL2411Z, which has 3D, but I have not tried the 3D functionality of it, nor do I have the glasses for it.

So I am also curious as how well the 3D looks/performs.
yasha
Donator

by Rumors » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:26 am

I think basically how 3D vision works in the way that Nvidia implements it is similar in how most 3DTV's that require 3D glasses execute it.

You need at least 120hz because when you enable 3D vision it splits your screen into 2, each running at 60hz. So I think if you have 144hz, it'll at least look a little smoother in refresh rate, though I don't think any 3D games go higher than 60fps.
When the screen is split in half, the 3D glasses lens each view one half of the screen so that each eye is viewing and processing both images at the same time, creating the 3D effect.It does this with the aid of a transmitter inside the 3D glasses itself that work with the 3D monitor.

I think it was alot more expensive to buy into a few years ago but now its easier to afford, especially if you already have the essentials needed to support 3D gaming. It costs approximately $150USD for a 3D lens kit on Newegg. The techonology is a bit older and therefore more refined so its a good option. I've thought of getting it for some time myself but I know I would need a lot of oomph in my rig to play a game like Battlefield 4 in 3D and still keep it running at a good FPS at 1080p.

Personally though. I'm more interested in VR headsets at this point. Playing TF2 with a VR headset sounds awesome.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by L0wsound » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Rumors wrote:Personally though. I'm more interested in VR headsets at this point. Playing TF2 with a VR headset sounds awesome.

Same!

VR just seems more 'worth it' than a 3d screen+eyeware setup.
L0wsound

by yasha » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:30 pm

what a coincidence

yasha
Donator

by Rumors » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:19 pm

L0wsound wrote:
Rumors wrote:Personally though. I'm more interested in VR headsets at this point. Playing TF2 with a VR headset sounds awesome.

Same!

VR just seems more 'worth it' than a 3d screen+eyeware setup.

I want to believe that I can actually be Engi and use my Rancho Relaxo and look on at the battle from my POV as I enjoy my virtual beer. That would be pure zen.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Return to Spam Fest