Are you hyped for Windows 10 and DirectX 12?

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Are you hyped for Windows 10 and DirectX 12?

by Balubish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 am

So I have been around since Dos 6.22 combined with Windows 3.11

And used Windows 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000 pro, XP, XP Media center, Vista, Windows 7 and skipped the shitty Win8, the first one I have skipped basicly.
But I do look forward to Windows 10 with Directx 12, especially for gaming that can help out alot for with CPU utilization performance.
If you ever heard of AMD's Mantle Directx 12 are the same thing basicly but for all platforms and graphics card.

I have read some high performance boost on most systems with it, even better on AMD systems but still a good boost on NVidia side as well when we talk graphics card performance.
But there is one problem that kinda annoy me but im not surprised. To be able to get the full experience of Directx 12 you need a newer card to show all the new goodies and effects ingame.
Nvidia 900 series and AMD I think 290 and newer but im not 100% on that to get all these new goodies for stuff ingame.
But most of us will benefit from the overhead calculations in games = more fps for everyone. Sadly I think it will only work with games that have DirectX 12 supported, though im not sure.

Example on new DirectX 12 putting more realism into gaming.

If you are curious how big difference it is for the PC running with it compared to DX11 I recommend searching for DirectX 12 overhead benchmark.

So what do you guys think about this new OS and System performance boost?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Are you hyped for Windows 10 and DirectX 12?

by UncleTestes » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm

DirectX 12 is probably the main reason I'm upgrading. You think I'll have a decent performance difference on a Radeon R9 290X card?
UncleTestes
Donator

by Balubish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 pm

UncleTestes wrote:DirectX 12 is probably the main reason I'm upgrading. You think I'll have a decent performance difference on a Radeon R9 290X card?

Yeah much better than my GTX 780. It will handle even more drawcalls than that.

This test shows 290X getting even better than Titan X. But I wanna see more until I see more utilization from Nvidia first. Apparently only AMD have been working on it for Windows 10.
Atleast what we know, nvidia havent released any driver yet for it but probably will have on release.

Balubish
Donator

by DerKrieger105 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:58 pm

I'm curious how it will compare to mantle. Considering AMD worked very closely with Microsoft and DX12 basically is just Mantle it will be interesting.

People with higher end CPUs and GPUs won't see as much of a benefit (as was the case with Mantle) but the lower end will see a lot of improvement and some moderate gains ta higher levels as well.

Just have to wait for some DX12 games.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 pm

DerKrieger105 wrote:I'm curious how it will compare to mantle. Considering AMD worked very closely with Microsoft and DX12 basically is just Mantle it will be interesting.

People with higher end CPUs and GPUs won't see as much of a benefit (as was the case with Mantle) but the lower end will see a lot of improvement and some moderate gains ta higher levels as well.

Just have to wait for some DX12 games.

Well yeah, thats why AMD's drivers work better with DX12 already. As you said they have worked with AMD keeping mantle as a map. But DX12 will work better even than Mantle as I understand.
Just watch the video below the first post you can see how a 290X works with mantle and with DX12.
And it will give you much better boost than Mantle did on highend systems. Mantle mainly was for lowend but DX12 doesnt care about that.
But it actually now help with DX12 to have more cores, better performance.

Atleast on this info I've seen.

Balubish
Donator

by flufffage » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:44 pm

sports
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Someone Special » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 pm

flufffage wrote:sports
Someone Special
Pink Admin

Return to Spam Fest