Directx 12 looks to be amazing for us gamers.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Directx 12 looks to be amazing for us gamers.

by Balubish » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:09 pm

So this is kinda new news that TomsHardware put up and arent 100%, but they have a reliable source from Microsoft that claims that Directx 12 will support multiple gpus.

You might think, that shit aint new. But heres the catch. You can do Nvidia and AMD card and connect them together just as sli or crossfire. And you would be able to run a older card with newer card.
For example I would be able to use my GTX 780 3GB card and buy a new GTX 980 4GB card for example, or AMD 290X with my GTX 780 and run them kinda like how sli or crossfire works.
And big benefit will also be that the vram adds up. So If I have my 3GB and then buy a card with 4GB I will then have 7GB vram thanks to the API on DirectX 12. This shit is amazing if its true.
So even if you buy new card after a few years you can still get that new performance boost with ur new card, and add it up with ur older card to get even higher frametimes.

I really hope this info is true that will make it so much easier to catch up with newer games for many cause the mem stacks up in that way as they say. And as the article says if you want to use AMDs true audio you can do that and if you want Nvidias 3D vision on the same system you might be able to do that. That shit blows my nerd mind completely and really hope it will come to this, finally!

And they dont say that in the article but my guess is that the problems with some games not supporting Sli or Crossfire will not be anymore, cause they would run through the API and no bottlenecks would appear.
So all the cards you would have would run on max all the time and give you amazing framtimes in games and wouldnt matter what game you played, it will boost it always.
That is fucking awesome.

Link to the article on Toms Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Directx 12 looks to be amazing for us gamers.

by DerKrieger105 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Balubish wrote:So this is kinda new news that TomsHardware put up and arent 100%, but they have a reliable source from Microsoft that claims that Directx 12 will support multiple gpus.

You might think, that shit aint new. But heres the catch. You can do Nvidia and AMD card and connect them together just as sli or crossfire. And you would be able to run a older card with newer card.
For example I would be able to use my GTX 780 3GB card and buy a new GTX 980 4GB card for example, or AMD 290X with my GTX 780 and run them kinda like how sli or crossfire works.
And big benefit will also be that the vram adds up. So If I have my 3GB and then buy a card with 4GB I will then have 7GB vram thanks to the API on DirectX 12. This shit is amazing if its true.
So even if you buy new card after a few years you can still get that new performance boost with ur new card, and add it up with ur older card to get even higher frametimes.

I really hope this info is true that will make it so much easier to catch up with newer games for many cause the mem stacks up in that way as they say. And as the article says if you want to use AMDs true audio you can do that and if you want Nvidias 3D vision on the same system you might be able to do that. That shit blows my nerd mind completely and really hope it will come to this, finally!

And they dont say that in the article but my guess is that the problems with some games not supporting Sli or Crossfire will not be anymore, cause they would run through the API and no bottlenecks would appear.
So all the cards you would have would run on max all the time and give you amazing framtimes in games and wouldnt matter what game you played, it will boost it always.
That is fucking awesome.

Link to the article on Toms Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html

nVidia won't allow cross vendor SLI/Crossfire. I guarantee you that. Plus, it wouldn't work anyway. The nVidia cards rely on an SLI bridge. AMD doesn't. The newer ones communicate directly over the PCIE bus. It is a different protocol and won't work. While theoretically it could be possible they won't allow it. Hell, nVidia won't even let you install anything made by them if you have any AMD drivers or products on your system already....

What I find more interesting is the way it deals with CPU draw calls. You can pretty much eliminate CPU bottlenecks on lower end systems which is really nice. What is funny though is DX12 is basically just Mantle reskinned and with some tweaks. AMD and Microsoft worked really close together on this one which is good to see. Of course you will need DX12 games to take advantage of any of this though.

I'm more interested in Valve's open source Vulkan API. It is going to be amazing on Linux. Which of course is where gaming is going. No more Windows soon! Yay!
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

Re: Directx 12 looks to be amazing for us gamers.

by Balubish » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:49 pm

DerKrieger105 wrote:
Balubish wrote:So this is kinda new news that TomsHardware put up and arent 100%, but they have a reliable source from Microsoft that claims that Directx 12 will support multiple gpus.

That is fucking awesome.

nVidia won't allow cross vendor SLI/Crossfire. I guarantee you that. Plus, it wouldn't work anyway. The nVidia cards rely on an SLI bridge. AMD doesn't. The newer ones communicate directly over the PCIE bus. It is a different protocol and won't work. While theoretically it could be possible they won't allow it. Hell, nVidia won't even let you install anything made by them if you have any AMD drivers or products on your system already....

What I find more interesting is the way it deals with CPU draw calls. You can pretty much eliminate CPU bottlenecks on lower end systems which is really nice. What is funny though is DX12 is basically just Mantle reskinned and with some tweaks. AMD and Microsoft worked really close together on this one which is good to see. Of course you will need DX12 games to take advantage of any of this though.

I'm more interested in Valve's open source Vulkan API. It is going to be amazing on Linux. Which of course is where gaming is going. No more Windows soon! Yay!

I wouldnt agree on that, sure the new AMD cards "290X only" uses this new feauture, and this is mantle just with DX12. So basicly as long as the card support it you would in theory be able to use any card an mix them toghether, and no Nvidia dont forbid you to have AMD drivers on your system cause I've had it recently so that is not true. Both my GTX drivers and 280X drivers installed at the same time. So DX12 api would work the same way except go aside the driver and run the cores etc through the API. I dont see why Nvidia would disagree on this or even could. The API is written for all gpus. Well mostly newer ones, and yes I guess it only works with DX12 games for sure so older games wouldnt benefit of it as you said.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Spam Fest