SC v 1.0 released + new weapons & more

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

SC v 1.0 released + new weapons & more

by Balubish » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 am

Yesterday I think it was released, Star Citizen v1.0 So now the Arena Commander part is done for the game. Nextup is the FPS part that I think we will be able to test out in spring 2015 if I dont recall it wrong.
Im gonna be a explorer and trader in the Universe of Star Citizen mainly, maybe miner to. I only have a small exploration ship from Origin called 315p with the special ability with tractor beam, extra strong jump engine and better scanner for threats. Its a small but quite fast ship and im happy I upgraded to it. But its not for that purpose only.
They also released new guns and I love testing those kinds of things. They did release alot of rockets too, but first for me I like cannons and lasers first.

N3rd as I am I bought 2 new guns today that I will test after work on my exploring ship, cause thats the nice thing about this game, the customization options for all ships. Even though if you have a standard ship you can customize it with differnt things that fits your needs. So thats why I like testing better guns on my exploration ship. Cause threats will come when travelling the galaxy and if that happens I rather have better guns to be able to protect me than not. My plan later on is to have that exploring ship armed to its "teeth" for starters backing me up on freight flights with a bigger ship later on. To avoid losing the stuff you have in that cargo bay. How will that work you new guys that dont know how Star Citizen will work? Well you will be able to hire and NPC = Ai to run that ship for example and I run the big transport ship or even several. Or a friend can drive one of the ship or even cannons on those bigger ships.

So back to the 2 new guns I bought for 28.000 UEC = United Earth Credits = $28 Keep in mind, stuff like this you will be able to earn ingame money and buy stuff like this so basicly when I buy stuff like this with real money now is to support the game and to be hounest I want them now damnit and cant wait to try them out :)

First up is the SW-SERIES BALLISTIC REPEATERS - SW16BR2 also called “SAWBUCK” (10.000 UEC) It's a sequential-firing tri-barrel ballistic weapon with bullets so you will burn off ammo but with slower speed than a gatling gun ofcourse but wont overheat as easy, and i have tested the gatling gun and it gets hot pretty fast but still are an awesome weapon.

Here is the Gatling gun to show you the difference. And what I understand they have the same ammo and damage "for now" but this one fires faster and overheats faster both + & -

Second one I bought is CF-SERIES LASER REPEATERS - CF-227 PANTHER REPEATER (18.000 UEC) This is a laser gun so will burn off power to the ship. But cant deplete ur system in the same way as ballistic ammo.

This is a rapid fire laser gun. But the strongest laser repeater they have released so far. It have 3 barrels and fire like a minigun.

Here is the model I bought couple months ago, its the lvl below this new one. "The Badger" just to give you an example. (12.000 UEC)

And the Panther version is rated 2steps better in damage than the "Badger" version. I hope its true :) It is also the biggest size kind of gun I can fit on my small and agile exploring ship.
If im happy with it wich I probably will be, the plan is to setup my ship with 2 of these, 1 on each wingtip and have that high rate of fire and damage and the "Sawbuck" ballistic gun in the front when I have it for fighting module or when I have it as an transport backup ship so I got as much firepower as possible if the unsuspected fight with pirates etc happens. And will at closer point when the game is finishing add 2 twin rack rockets bays, one on each wing. It will be armed to its teeth I shit you not :) (6.000 UEC)

And for exploring I can have the rockets and two of the "Panther" guns and instead of the ballistic gun in the front use my suregrip tractor beam so I can collect stuff in space. (10.000 UEC)

Will add small review and test video setup when I get home after work.

In the beginning of the this video I show how the stock setup look on the ship.

Sidenote i just found: Star Citizen will launch with one hundred star systems, each with multiple landing points to explore. I wasnt expecting so many star system from start. Quite alot actually. Cause you will probably be able to explore and land on atleast 3 planets on each system. Awesome! Looking forward to this game so much I feel like kid again waiting for christmas presents :P

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: SC v 1.0 released + new weapons & more

by GoDM1N » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:58 pm

yeee Avenger, finally.

GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

Return to Spam Fest