Wohoo! Im in the Spotlight!

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Wohoo! Im in the Spotlight!

by Balubish » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Got one of my example beats made in the inspiration in deep space thinking of Star Citizen, and they put it up on the spotlight on their main page for SC. Awesome!
And the forums need some action here. Basicly why I posted it.

"Starting things off is Balubish_Wiking for his title named Solar Flare (Example 1).
The synthesized sci fi sounds combined with the digital beat really make this piece stand out. I can definitely see a few explorers killing some with this song." Proud of my progress, sorta :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14294-Fan-Spotlight-Music-Volume-3

Got some nice feedback and even a offer on mail today to make a ingame organization "Pirate Theme" to make a beat for them for payment.
But we will see how it goes I guess. Im happy though :) Have no clue how to start on that even.

Edit: I was so proud of the feedback so I made a video from ingame this morning and added the beat to it on my music Channel.

Last edited by Balubish on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: Wohoo! Im in the Spotlight!

by Ron Swansons Stache » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Uhh that's awesome. Opportunities are popping up for you which is even more awesome. I know you've been working on this for a while, no? So to be getting spotlighted and then a job offer kicks ass! Congrats!
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Someone Special » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Balubish wrote:Got one of my example beats made in the inspiration in deep space thinking of Star Citizen, and they put it up on the spotlight on their main page for SC. Awesome!
And the forums need some action here. Basicly why I posted it.

"Starting things off is Balubish_Wiking for his title named Solar Flare (Example 1).
The synthesized sci fi sounds combined with the digital beat really make this piece stand out. I can definitely see a few explorers killing some with this song." Proud of my progress, sorta :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14294-Fan-Spotlight-Music-Volume-3

Got some nice feedback and even a offer on mail today to make a ingame organization "Pirate Theme" to make a beat for them for payment.
But we will see how it goes I guess. Im happy though :) Have no clue how to start on that even.

That's amazing Balu! Keep up your good work man!
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:55 pm

YEE BUDDYYYYY

That is so cool, dude! You've always had fantastic beats, what a great opportunity for you; here's to many more! Keep it up, Boobish!
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Hodgepodge » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Godspeed you magnificent space viking!
Did somebody call for the resident pessimist and doctor?
Hodgepodge
Pink Admin

by DerKrieger105 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Wow man that is really awesome! I like. I'll be buying the album you have on Google Play. Any possible links to download or purchase the tracks you did for Star Citizen?
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by that shiny mudkip » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:04 pm

GOOD JOB BALU!
that shiny mudkip
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:27 am

Thanks for the support guys! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah Ron I've been making beats since 2008 and got stuck in it for several years until I started playing TF2 in 2011 and felt I needed a long break from it, now I dont have that much inspiration. But im at around 200 recordings total so have done some :) and do some recordings now and then when inspiration goes through my body, just like these 2 recordings for the SC community.

And for Krieger and rest who wants the SC posted beat Solar Flare: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/x70qkxmm2w3fir/source/Star-Citizen-Fan-Art-Music-Solar-Flare-28Example-1-29.mp3

And Krieger. The fan made songs I uploaded on youtube and added to the SC site was made basicly only as an example to see if there were ppl interested at those kinds of sounds at all.
So they cannot be bought and dont have a download link on the second one. And tip if you gonna buy my music from Google, listen to them first.
I have a unique style of beats so they arent all like this song. So you dont buy any you might not want. And thanks again for the support man!
Some of them are faster, some are more psychadelic, some are more trance etc. I like to experiment with sounds in general :)

And I really didnt spend that much time on them cause they were meant to be examples, had no clue the moderator that take care of this part would pick it up after several months and pretty low feedback.
So both these recordings I made are done live mixing and used Nvidia Shadow play to record them with a pic to make a small video file for YouTube so I could give the SC community couple of examples.

The only recording you can download is the one that got on the Fan Spot Light (Example 1) Just right click on the link and "save as".

Psst. Only spent about a 1,5 hour for both recordings ;) I call these "Minimal recordings"

Hmm I guess I might have to add this song to my music channel... even though it just were an example. ;)

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by fingerman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 am

Awesome! Congrats.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts