So admins can call people ***** now?

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

So admins can call people ***** now?

by taco man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:10 pm

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576 ... 47FCD6F95/

well i guess admins can call people **** now. thats cool
taco man
Donator
Dota 2. for it all. Its a 30$ value!

Re: So admins can call people ***** now?

by Capiturism » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

My my, seems someone had gotten upset.
Arguably, it is my fault, I was having a bad day due to the navy going down hard on people, including me.

But then, it's good that you left the detail about "wasting people's time" in that screenshot, hence why I was angry at you.
Hiding during saxton hale isn't something you do, you're wasting people's time and will eventually get on people's nerves, especially considering everybody else had been fighting him and you decided the best course of action was to do the complete opposite and hide in a damn shed.

It wouldn't surprise me that you would get offended though, nevertheless, I apologize.
Capiturism
Pink Admin

by Arty_pn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:15 pm

I would say stop having a tantrum, it's a word, but it happens to be our favorite buzzword. I know it isn't the first time Cap called you a cunt, so why wait until now? Ninja beef was she didn't like the word then it was turned into a year of harassment over one mistake, not cunt is our trigger word for bans and demotion.
Has Cap literaly tryed to harass you or it this you mad at him for losing a internet fight?
Arty_pn

by Harri » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:40 pm

I will stand by my war against anyone saying the word cunt (or any other derogatory word) on any CSN server. The use of such words are not endearing and, to my knowledge, none of you are female. Fuck, even the female admins are not allowed to say words that are derogatory to their gender.

We need to move this to the admin lounge and further discuss.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Capiturism » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:52 pm

If you wish to take it to the admin lounge, that's fine, but I'd rather have it sorted out here for a more general consensus on its use and to show that, even though somewhat lenient, even admins aren't allowed to use such words, and people should point it out to them.

In addition, there shouldn't be any need to involve anybody else in the situation from the beginning, it's just me, so the issue should have been contained at the point of contact rather than bringing it to the unrestricted public for it to potentially blow out of proportions. I suppose if I would have been too irrational to deal with, it would have been fine to contact another administrator personally to not agitate your "war" against those who use derogatory insults.

But I guess I am in no place to really bring up recommendations for my own issue.
Capiturism
Pink Admin

by Harri » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 pm

There is no discussion on the use of the word. The use of the word is not allowed. The only discussion here is how we punish admin that use it. Someone screen capped an admin using a term that is against the rules of CSN.

Personally, I think once gets a warning, twice gets admin removed, and three times is a perma ban from CSNn (if possible *I'm looking at you drawed*).

Edit-
I'm only reacting harshly because I'm tired of the use of many derogatory words to demean or insult a person. If you are angry, don't insult gender, sexuality, or race as a means to express yourself. CSN is one of the few communities that prohibits this. It really is rare to feel comfortable in a game without such words used.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Capiturism » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I don't mean discussion of the word itself, I mean discussion on why not to use the word and any derogatory words related.
But to be punished is something I understand and fully accept, if you wish to bring it there then so be it.

Be it a warning, a removal, or a ban. It would be fine with me, I'm not going to argue against it since there's no reason to. I wouldn't blame you for being tired of the derogatory words being thrown around, I personally grew up wheras such words were thrown around often and I suppose I had gotten desensitized to the racial slurs and the such, but it's no excuse to use it so casually in a professional environment.

I apologize to you and anybody else to were to be offended.
Capiturism
Pink Admin

by Harri » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Capiturism wrote:I don't mean discussion of the word itself, I mean discussion on why not to use the word and any derogatory words related.
But to be punished is something I understand and fully accept, if you wish to bring it there then so be it.

Be it a warning, a removal, or a ban. It would be fine with me, I'm not going to argue against it since there's no reason to. I wouldn't blame you for being tired of the derogatory words being thrown around, I personally grew up wheras such words were thrown around often and I suppose I had gotten desensitized to the racial slurs and the such, but it's no excuse to use it so casually in a professional environment.

I apologize to you and anybody else to were to be offended.

Ah. This is very mature of you. I think a warning is applicable here. I'm sorry for any aggression on my part. I seem always ready to represent the women of CSN in these matters.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Telomirin wrote:
Harri wrote:
Ah. This is very mature of you. I think a warning is applicable here. I'm sorry for any aggression on my part. I seem always ready to represent the women of CSN in these matters.

Silly, girls don't play video games gorsh :3

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Maringue » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:51 am

Harri wrote:There is no discussion on the use of the word. The use of the word is not allowed. The only discussion here is how we punish admin that use it. Someone screen capped an admin using a term that is against the rules of CSN.

Personally, I think once gets a warning, twice gets admin removed, and three times is a perma ban from CSNn (if possible *I'm looking at you drawed*).

Edit-
I'm only reacting harshly because I'm tired of the use of many derogatory words to demean or insult a person. If you are angry, don't insult gender, sexuality, or race as a means to express yourself. CSN is one of the few communities that prohibits this. It really is rare to feel comfortable in a game without such words used.

Do you get equally mad when someone gets called a dick or a cock or a dickhead or a dickwad on the server?

Anyway, I'm not going to start some big, long drawn out debate. We're not censoring words here because they are derogatory. The language we forbid here is limited to racial and homophobic slurs. Everything else falls under the rules against harassment. If you want to debate whether certain language use becomes harassment, that's fine, but the list of things we warn/ban for single usages is not getting expanded in my mind.

For reference, here's some things I've called people in the past:
prolapsed colon seepage
schemgma
Santorum
a Bieleber (sorry for whom ever I said that too, that was mean)
Bieber's testicle washer
a failed abortion

If anyone is harassing another player, that's against the rules regardless of what language they are using. But the isolated use of certain words is not a bannable offense simply because someone takes offense to them otherwise we'd eventually end up banning anyone who was trash-talking.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by flufffage » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:39 pm

I enjoy using this to insult people:
http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=insult.txt

"warning: may contain rude language"
Sounds perfect.
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Mousefox13 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 pm

flufffage wrote:I enjoy using this to insult people:
http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=insult.txt

"warning: may contain rude language"
Sounds perfect.

this is the best thing.

I bet you scratch cow-gobbler gashes, so there's that. Oh yeah, and you, sir, are a mouse and an abomination.
ARE YOU KNOW?
Mousefox13

by psyk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Cap, it is a word on our do not use list. Please don't use it again.
Lets just leave it at that and not have a debate about it. Its on the list, simple as that.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest