How good is your ear?

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

How good is your ear?

by Maringue » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:37 pm

I know we've got some guitar players (and sellers) on here, so I thought this would be fun.

http://twentytwowords.com/can-you-tell-a-300-guitar-from-a-100000-guitar-just-by-the-sound-test-yourself/

I don't play, but I got it right since I have really good ears, but to be honest, I like the sound of the new Martin Custom better. To me the, resonance was just better than the 1938 Custom, but I'll give the 1938 that it had that "old timey" twang sound to it. I haaaaate country music, so that probably influenced my preference. The New Custom had a nice round sound where as the old Custom sounded good, but literally sounded like something made out of old wood to me. Personally, the 1938 is only worth 20 times as much because of rarity and because the owner gets to say, "Oh, but this is a 1938 Custom..."

How did you do?
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: How good is your ear?

by Balubish » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Maringue wrote:I know we've got some guitar players (and sellers) on here, so I thought this would be fun.

http://twentytwowords.com/can-you-tell-a-300-guitar-from-a-100000-guitar-just-by-the-sound-test-yourself/

I don't play, but I got it right since I have really good ears, but to be honest, I like the sound of the new Martin Custom better. To me the, resonance was just better than the 1938 Custom, but I'll give the 1938 that it had that "old timey" twang sound to it. I haaaaate country music, so that probably influenced my preference. The New Custom had a nice round sound where as the old Custom sounded good, but literally sounded like something made out of old wood to me. Personally, the 1938 is only worth 20 times as much because of rarity and because the owner gets to say, "Oh, but this is a 1938 Custom..."

How did you do?

I think most expensive A, 2nd C and less expensive B. Hope Im right :D I do music but sure not with guitars. But quality is what I went on. A is really clear and nice sound. C was ok, and lower sounds and B well no comment.

Sidenote: I watched a video with Teksyndicate when they had some sort of expert there, probably a party friend or whatever on the show and the program was about audioquality 128k or 320k mp3s for example and they basicly said you cant hear the difference. Wich is bullshit. Sure it can be hard for an untrained ear. The funny thing is that logan do 8bit music with really low hertz diagram and not alot of sounds. So I couldnt help to rage on that video asking him how the fuck can you test audio with your 8 bit music. It have so few sounds it stupid.
When I do my beats I record in fulltime live and comes out as Wav file. Depending on length it jumps between 80-120Mb file size, and yeah that is a good quality. Compress it to MP3 you can hear the difference clearly.
Just wanted to add that :) And if im wrong on the guitar test its ok, im not a guitar kinda guy. :)
Easy test to see if you cant hear the difference in quality in sounds are if you dont hear the differnce between digital sound (Preferable optical) and Analog sound. For me the clearity is worth alot.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Spam Fest