Someone installed a computer chip...in her skin...

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Someone installed a computer chip...in her skin...

by Nikki Wolf » Wed May 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Nikki Wolf

Re: Someone installed a computer chip...in her skin...

by Balubish » Wed May 07, 2014 2:49 pm

N3rd 2.0 I guess its a cool idea if you could do anything with it like a phone implant that I believe will come maybe 10 years from now.
But materials that arent "human" can be poison too the body if you say might break it if you fall on ur bicycle etc and some small fragments go out to the bloodstream. The chance of that happening are small I guess but can happen.
Is it a future thing hell yeah. Voice recognition locks, fingerprints might be get pointless when u can insert a chip to open your home, car whatev. Only limit really is the humans fantasy eager to develop and build new things like this.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Maringue » Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 am

I've helped my friend works on implantable insulin pumps for people with type 1 diabetes, so I can tell you that the body is really good at fucking up things you implant into yourself. There's an entire field of study that does nothing but develop coatings and such for implants so that the body doesn't eat them or cover them in protein goop that shuts them down.

While I wouldn't do it on a homemade basis, stuff like this is the future. But it's going to drive conspiracy theory people crazy, which I think is half the fun :D .
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 am

Maringue wrote:I've helped my friend works on implantable insulin pumps for people with type 1 diabetes

Wow, that is incredible. Have they got this working reliably?
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Maringue » Thu May 08, 2014 11:03 am

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:
Maringue wrote:I've helped my friend works on implantable insulin pumps for people with type 1 diabetes

Wow, that is incredible. Have they got this working reliably?

They are in FDA clinical trials. The pump is not the hard part. The hard part is accurately predicting insulin need based on glucose levels because once glucose drops significantly it's too late to inject insulin, which is what my friend works on as a systems engineer.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest