Bullied for being a Brony: Raising Awareness

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Bullied for being a Brony: Raising Awareness

by Harri » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Harri
Blue Admin

Re: Bullied for being a Brony: Raising Awareness

by cloud » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 pm

I despise bullying in all its forms, and seeing something like this infuriates me. Someone at that young of an age being bullied to the point of suicide is insanity. I really hope the bullies are being dealt with appropriately for what they've caused.
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by Harri » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I hate jumping on the parents as an immediate blame. However, I think about where these young kids learn such prejudice and hate. I know I grew up around a really racist and homophobic father. He hates white, black, and Asian people. Plus, a "homo," as my father called it, was nothing more than a bug that needs to beaten and/or killed. That shit is toxic. I heard things no parent should ever say in front of an impressionable child.

I also see the internet as a huge issue. I don't even need to elaborate on this.

The whole "we need to grow thicker skin" is not the solution. There should be zero tolerance for bullying. Hurting another human being is a great sin (IMHO).

I also know there is a difference between teasing and bullying. When you are out to dehumanize someone it is bullying.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 pm

I've never really understood the whole Brony culture and don't really have any interest, but to outwardly attack people for it is just silly.This is soul crushing type shit.

I know this may seem naive, but I never really saw much bullying growing up/in my schooling career and it's so hard for me to understand how someone can not stand up for another human being when they are clearly being hurt. I wish children in these types of situations know that there are places to go and that it gets better. It's horrible that nothing was done about this and it became so extreme that this poor kid felt his only option was to attempt to take his own life. I hope this gets the message out to a) temper bullying and b) let kids who are dealing with bullying that there are options for you.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Sanic-X » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:54 am

That's just sad. I know it's been said before, but kids can be cruel, even if they don't realize it. No one should feel ashamed for liking things, like ponies, or anime, or video games of whatever. As long as you're not hurting anyone (or yourself), do whatever the fuck you want, and let other people enjoy what makes them happy.

Which leads me to this- yes, some bronies are just overall shitty people who expect a show for young girls to cater to the older, male demographic, and make sexist/harmful remarks. Some people get really, truly upset when Hasbro doesn't always acknowledge or cater to the bronies who watch the show. I have no sympathy for these people. They are assholes, and can be expected to be treated as such, and unfortunately give the idea that all male fans of the show are assholes, too. However, I'd say most bronies (or fans) are perfectly normal people who just enjoy the show. I have a friend who's a brony, and he's a normal guy who likes ponies (and plays TF2!), no big deal. On another note, I've played on TF2 pony servers with this friend, and most of the people there are really nice, normal people.
..::..-context is important-..::..
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest