Ultimate mexican standoff - dayz epoch - badmins

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Ultimate mexican standoff - dayz epoch - badmins

by Failhorse » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:52 am

I should have video'd this.
Day Z epoch. - For those who don't know. Day Z is the ultimate walking simulator. You wash up on the shore of a Chernarus, a Russian country of sorts. 100 KM in size. It's big. Then you walk. You walk to find gear, food, and to avoid zombies. Mostly you try to avoid other players. Since the game has degraded from a survival game into a shoot on site for no reason sim. DayZ is a mod of Arma 2. Epoch is a mod of a mod. Set in the future. Epoch adds trading, base building, currency, more guns/vehicles, and a map with tons more places to explore. Still no end game, sadly.

So I join this server. Find out it gives you some starter gear, and 1 gold bar. Not 10 seconds into the game i see this armored suv coming toward me. Wow it has a 50 cal on top of it. Shot dead. Find out, apparently, a group of bandits discovered its far easier to kill fresh spawns on the coast and still their gold, than say, making it them damn selves.

So 3 lives later, I spawn far enough away from these assholes. Get the fuck off the coast and get some gear. Bandits = people who kill other players, get a new skin so they look like terrorists. I happen upon a group of some heros ( heros are made when regular players heal and help other players.) and other players. 6 in total. They have a kick ass base, which they show me, and we start to building/ gear finding, ect. We make our way to the trader via a truck. Surprised to find our Armored SUV guys also there. Now there's no PVP at the trader. But you can get followed ect. when you leave. Which was the bandits plan. So we call in help from the others who were at the base. They grab their chopper and fly to us. Figured it'd be safer to fly out the crap we bought and the gold we had. But we knew the bandits were waiting out by a hill. The 50 cal would basically knock anything out in a few shots.

At this point we had 14 people. Between others who've come on and a few lone wolfs who decided to join us. There were 5 bandits. But their SUV was heavily armored. If we wanted to shoot them, we had to either shoot the windows in front, the tires, or the gunner. Otherwise anything we'd shoot would basically do no damage.

So the table was set. We bought 2 cars at the trader. 4 total now. And had the heli. 2 cars drove out heading directly to the SUV, 2 toward the airfield that was nearby. The distraction worked and the Heli got away. SUV guys got 1 car. And followed the 2nd (mine) toward the airfield. The other group at the airfield setup in the control tower and luckily one of the guys found a m24 ( anti-material rifle.) The gunner in the SUV shot 2 people, but was taken out by the M24. ( Now m24 guy has 4 bullets left.) He shot the rest at the SUV, which did something because the SUV started driving really slow. (Probably took out 2 tires, which makes it really hard to drive.) The SUV limped into the back corner of a hangar. At this point we found out you have to get out and back in to change seats, or at least get into the gunner position in the SUV. 1 guy tried and was immediately shot.

So now you have 8 people outside the hangar and 3 really big douchebags still in the SUV. We shot, and shot, and shot the SUV but it didn't do anything. Searched around the airfield trying to find some heavy guns, but nothing. Couldn't shoot the glass since the SUV was tucked nicely in a corner. They also couldn't get out. Since they'd get shot right away. The proceeded to start bargaining with us. Said they had a ton of gold, if we let them live. Which was dumb because you can access whatever is in the SUV safely from outside.

With gold in tow. The heli was coming back. It also had 50 cals, which would finally take out the bandits. At this point it was night. So we were throwing flares around to keep the airfield and hangar lit. In an odd twist of glitchy dayz fate. One of the guys was near the SUV and threw a flare under it. The SUV exploded killing the rest of the bandits. Mission accomplished. Heli lands and we start loading everything we managed to get from the bandits. In a stupider twist of fate. Nearing ready to leave. A small truck appears out of no where and slams into the heli. The heli blows up killing 4 people. Guy gets out, it's one of the bandits. No way he could get there that fast. Turns out the assholes, this whole time, were the admins. And they weren't happy. We tried shooting the guy in the truck, after he got out, but had god mode enabled. 2 more showed up and killed us all, and destroyed all the stuff. The the server stopped.

10 minutes later the server comes back up. I'm shocked to find i'm alive and where i was 2 server restarts ago. ( DayZ is unstable, so many server owners restart the server every few hours to clear out dead bodies and loot.) I start talking to a couple guys in chat. Now no admins are on. As time passes, I watch as people are banned that were in the group. I make my way to the base. At this point, I think every player that was properly in the hero group was banned. I get to the area the base was supposed to be in and it was gone.

The admins go so butt hurt they died. Not only did they rollback the server. They banned every player (except me and 2 others) and removed the base that probably took 8-10 people 40 game hours to build. So I had some words in voice to the admins. Being genuine me, and got myself banned.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Ultimate mexican standoff - dayz epoch - badmins

by Repoman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am

Thats pretty sad of them, Ive seen the same crap in minecraft servers too.

I always feel like its a bunch of kids running things and if things dont go their way they make it just right for their selfish delusional little world they made.
Repoman

by Someone Special » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 am

Failhorse wrote:I should have video'd this.
Day Z epoch. - For those who don't know. Day Z is the ultimate walking simulator. You wash up on the shore of a Chernarus, a Russian country of sorts. 100 KM in size. It's big. Then you walk. You walk to find gear, food, and to avoid zombies. Mostly you try to avoid other players. Since the game has degraded from a survival game into a shoot on site for no reason sim. DayZ is a mod of Arma 2. Epoch is a mod of a mod. Set in the future. Epoch adds trading, base building, currency, more guns/vehicles, and a map with tons more places to explore. Still no end game, sadly.

So I join this server. Find out it gives you some starter gear, and 1 gold bar. Not 10 seconds into the game i see this armored suv coming toward me. Wow it has a 50 cal on top of it. Shot dead. Find out, apparently, a group of bandits discovered its far easier to kill fresh spawns on the coast and still their gold, than say, making it them damn selves.

So 3 lives later, I spawn far enough away from these assholes. Get the fuck off the coast and get some gear. Bandits = people who kill other players, get a new skin so they look like terrorists. I happen upon a group of some heros ( heros are made when regular players heal and help other players.) and other players. 6 in total. They have a kick ass base, which they show me, and we start to building/ gear finding, ect. We make our way to the trader via a truck. Surprised to find our Armored SUV guys also there. Now there's no PVP at the trader. But you can get followed ect. when you leave. Which was the bandits plan. So we call in help from the others who were at the base. They grab their chopper and fly to us. Figured it'd be safer to fly out the crap we bought and the gold we had. But we knew the bandits were waiting out by a hill. The 50 cal would basically knock anything out in a few shots.

At this point we had 14 people. Between others who've come on and a few lone wolfs who decided to join us. There were 5 bandits. But their SUV was heavily armored. If we wanted to shoot them, we had to either shoot the windows in front, the tires, or the gunner. Otherwise anything we'd shoot would basically do no damage.

So the table was set. We bought 2 cars at the trader. 4 total now. And had the heli. 2 cars drove out heading directly to the SUV, 2 toward the airfield that was nearby. The distraction worked and the Heli got away. SUV guys got 1 car. And followed the 2nd (mine) toward the airfield. The other group at the airfield setup in the control tower and luckily one of the guys found a m24 ( anti-material rifle.) The gunner in the SUV shot 2 people, but was taken out by the M24. ( Now m24 guy has 4 bullets left.) He shot the rest at the SUV, which did something because the SUV started driving really slow. (Probably took out 2 tires, which makes it really hard to drive.) The SUV limped into the back corner of a hangar. At this point we found out you have to get out and back in to change seats, or at least get into the gunner position in the SUV. 1 guy tried and was immediately shot.

So now you have 8 people outside the hangar and 3 really big douchebags still in the SUV. We shot, and shot, and shot the SUV but it didn't do anything. Searched around the airfield trying to find some heavy guns, but nothing. Couldn't shoot the glass since the SUV was tucked nicely in a corner. They also couldn't get out. Since they'd get shot right away. The proceeded to start bargaining with us. Said they had a ton of gold, if we let them live. Which was dumb because you can access whatever is in the SUV safely from outside.

With gold in tow. The heli was coming back. It also had 50 cals, which would finally take out the bandits. At this point it was night. So we were throwing flares around to keep the airfield and hangar lit. In an odd twist of glitchy dayz fate. One of the guys was near the SUV and threw a flare under it. The SUV exploded killing the rest of the bandits. Mission accomplished. Heli lands and we start loading everything we managed to get from the bandits. In a stupider twist of fate. Nearing ready to leave. A small truck appears out of no where and slams into the heli. The heli blows up killing 4 people. Guy gets out, it's one of the bandits. No way he could get there that fast. Turns out the assholes, this whole time, were the admins. And they weren't happy. We tried shooting the guy in the truck, after he got out, but had god mode enabled. 2 more showed up and killed us all, and destroyed all the stuff. The the server stopped.

10 minutes later the server comes back up. I'm shocked to find i'm alive and where i was 2 server restarts ago. ( DayZ is unstable, so many server owners restart the server every few hours to clear out dead bodies and loot.) I start talking to a couple guys in chat. Now no admins are on. As time passes, I watch as people are banned that were in the group. I make my way to the base. At this point, I think every player that was properly in the hero group was banned. I get to the area the base was supposed to be in and it was gone.

The admins go so butt hurt they died. Not only did they rollback the server. They banned every player (except me and 2 others) and removed the base that probably took 8-10 people 40 game hours to build. So I had some words in voice to the admins. Being genuine me, and got myself banned.

The people seem a bit immature for those powers. Shame you and those heroes got banned. It was going so well...
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Maringue » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

So they set up a server that gives new players loot so they can farm that loot from them? How is that even fun?

Although I love that you fucked them up so bad they had to roll back the server to get all of their shit back.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Failhorse » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Honestly this game is a total crap shoot. I thought Epoch would be different. Take the focus away from hunting each other to building. But it happens just the same. Figure out of 20 hours of playing. That was the only thing that's happened. I've been trying to build a base. Which takes, by walking 50 minutes to get to. I pretty much die after scavenging every time. I get a car, get chased down. Only build a workbench. haha.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Someone Special » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Failhorse wrote:Honestly this game is a total crap shoot. I thought Epoch would be different. Take the focus away from hunting each other to building. But it happens just the same. Figure out of 20 hours of playing. That was the only thing that's happened. I've been trying to build a base. Which takes, by walking 50 minutes to get to. I pretty much die after scavenging every time. I get a car, get chased down. Only build a workbench. haha.

xD
Someone Special
Pink Admin

Return to Spam Fest