EA voted: "Worst Company in America"

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

EA voted: "Worst Company in America"

by Adam » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:27 am

EA has been voted "the worst company in America". Makes sense after they've fucked our collective assholes for years....no lube....no reach around. :evil:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... ow-what/2/
Adam

Re: EA voted: "Worst Company in America"

by Rosey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 am

>>4/4/2012

and for people all voting for EA as the worst company in america for the second year in a row, theyre just idiots

a survey done online where mostly nerdy dudes who play videogames a lot gets to vote on who's the worst company in america
"oh ea never drops their prices and doesnt listen to their customers ill vote for them the fuckers"
never mind all the other companies outside of gaming
Rosey
Blue Admin

by Adam » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:33 am

Rosey wrote:>>4/4/2012

and for people all voting for EA as the worst company in america for the second year in a row, theyre just idiots

a survey done online where mostly nerdy dudes who play videogames a lot gets to vote on who's the worst company in america
"oh ea never drops their prices and doesnt listen to their customers ill vote for them the fuckers"

A valid point. I'd agree that in the broader sense America has been harmed by EA much less than other companies.
Adam

by check six » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 am

Adam wrote:
Rosey wrote:>>4/4/2012

A valid point. I'd agree that in the broader sense America has been harmed by EA much less than other companies.

much less than other companies

please PLEASE are you kdding me? ea relative to all other companies has done absolutely nothing to the united states. they make video games. they make things that are supposed to ENTERTAIN. they contribute nothing real to the overall united states' state of being, i would argue at least, and ultimately their relevancy is far less reaching than something like, dunno, verizon or time-warner or comcast or something like that. hell, i'd argue that companies that actively destroy the environment are way worse, etc etc

ea doesn't deserve this badge, they make some dumb video games and that's it. they will be forgotten about eventually. long-lasting network throttling, natural destruction, and deforestation are all much more worthy of something like "worst company".

good post! :)
any questions? #meatshot
check six

by Knees of Justice » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm not particularly fond of EA, but there's no way that it's the worst company in America. A few of its practices are shady and might reflect some of the behaviors of larger companies, but EA's lasting impact is negligible and there are a ton of more prominent threats to focus on.

...not to mention, the poll is incredibly biased.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by Beartato » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm

The fact that EA won out of a final four of EA, TicketMaster (how did they beat out PayPal and Sallie Mae?), Bank of America, and Comcast means that poll was an absolute joke. I really don't see how one of the financial giants that brought about the recession wouldn't win...or one of the most hated telecoms that actively is trying to kill net neutrality, privacy, etc...or how a company like Halliburton, which helped drive the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and was partially to blame for the oil spill in the Gulf, isn't even an option.

I'd sooner look at something like 24/7 Wall Streets' list of worst companies to work for than that article.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Rologton » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm too lazy to actually look, but who voted for this? Apparently they have treated their employees really shitty in the past. I don't know if they still do.

My point being, if this was voted on mostly by employees within the company, I'm not all that surprised.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Preminicious » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:25 pm

This is old news but I'll go on and shed some light on all of it.

The Consumerist has done votes like this for a while, where readers are able to vote for who deserves to be put into the voting and then vote on the companies in a tournament style elimination format until a winner is determined. In 2012, 4chan's /v/ and /vg/ board banded together to get EA into the voting and voted behind proxies and such to get that extra vote in. Surprise surprise, EA gets in. It was then when they discovered they had a chance to win it all for EA. Obviously, as the article suggests, they win the Golden Poo for 2012 as Worst Company in America in an almost unanimous vote towards EA.

EA, being EA, goes absolute batshit over the entire thing and flings hate towards all the other companies in the competition in an attempt to salvage what little reputation that have earned in the past couple of years (Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... t-winners/). 4chan, being 4chan, gets off on the idea that EA takes an online "un"popularity contest to the highest degree of mockery.

Fast forward to 2013 and same thing happens; The Golden Poo contest happens and 4chan, knowing how much EA hates the negative limelight (they so rightly deserve), bands together and does the same thing as last year. This time, EA really took notice, along with various gaming journalists, and the news quickly spread. Peter Moore, COO of EA at the time, famously responded with a letter to the Consumerist detailing the plights of EA and mudslinging even MORE companies in an attempt to make themselves look better.

This time, EA takes action, shutting down entire offices and sending hundreds (maybe thousands) into unemployment. The date of the awards for both the 2012 and 2013 Golden Awards also show EA hitting lows in their stock (the 2012 shows EA at the lowest they've been in years up until that point.) (http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ea)

IN SHORT

EA took an internet vote way too seriously. People realized that, unlike any other company who would take an INTERNET BASED VOTE as satire and brush it off, EA threw hissy fits over the entire scenario and thought it'd be funny to do it again. Anything regarding these votes is purely satirical and is not to be taken seriously.

/essay
Preminicious
Donator

by Maringue » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 pm

At least they admitted that they make "mediocre video games". Admitting that you have a problem is the first step in correcting it. Forget harm to society, if you think purely in terms of listening to their customers, then EA just might be one of the worst companies in America.

Also, I love this. It's like Obama having a news conference because a Fox News poll says he's doing a bad job.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Knees of Justice » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Maringue wrote:At least they admitted that they make "mediocre video games". Admitting that you have a problem is the first step in correcting it. Forget harm to society, if you think purely in terms of listening to their customers, then EA just might be one of the worst companies in America.

Also, I love this. It's like Obama having a news conference because a Fox News poll says he's doing a bad job.

EA has done some silly things... they feed off of media scandals. http://i.imgur.com/sURQd.jpg

Gotta love Fred from Pakistan. And let's not forget the SimCity disaster either.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by Rologton » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Reminded me of this.

If you don't watch these guys, you totally should.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by that shiny mudkip » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Agreed with all of the above but... DAT HUMBLE BUNDLE
that shiny mudkip
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest