Proof that I'm more indie than you.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Proof that I'm more indie than you.

by Rologton » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 pm

I discovered this before you did:

This is the cutting edge of music people. If you don't like it, you don't get it.

Let's turn this into an Indie thread (serious Indie, clearly I'm kidding with this video and just wanted to post something ridiculous). Post some of your favorite Indie bands, I love finding new music!

I'd like to put in a request for some rock-oriented stuff. I've been listening to a lot of electronica music lately. I'm not complaining, but I'd like to hear some new guitarists.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: Proof that I'm more indie than you.

by Failhorse » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Mr. rolo
discover
Mike
Patton

Failhorse
Red Admin

by Balubish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah Norwegian artists seems to be weird Rolo :)

Im not good at Indie but how about these...

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by BigShovel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 am

Rologton wrote:I discovered this before you did:

This is the cutting edge of music people. If you don't like it, you don't get it.

Let's turn this into an Indie thread (serious Indie, clearly I'm kidding with this video and just wanted to post something ridiculous). Post some of your favorite Indie bands, I love finding new music!

I'd like to put in a request for some rock-oriented stuff. I've been listening to a lot of electronica music lately. I'm not complaining, but I'd like to hear some new guitarists.

I would have to disagree with the statement "This is the cutting edge of music people". Cutting edge is something more like;

BigShovel

by BigShovel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 am

Failhorse wrote:Mr. rolo
discover
Mike
Patton

Although Mr Bungle is pretty swell, they are not indie (Warner Brothers Label).
Last edited by BigShovel on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
BigShovel

by Holomovement » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:25 am

k plebs time to bow down in awe of my scrotum

Holomovement

by Beartato » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:49 pm

If you got the time, check out some of Toby Driver's work. Here's one of his songs with maudlin of the Well:

He does a lot of experimental / avant garde work under a bunch of different names. His stuff with "maudlin of the Well" tends to be more melodic. At times it can be very "spacious" (by which I mean, imagine teasing a 1 min alt rock song bridge or intro out into a 5 min long piece) but can also feel like metal at times. His stuff with "Kayo Dot" is similarly spacious, but a lot heavier, a lot noisier, and a lot more experimental. I personally love his stuff with "Tartar Lamb" because it's very noisy and textured, even though it's just him and a violinist. Lastly, his solo work under his own name can be all over the place. The guy is very talented; he's a multi-instrumentalist with credits for all sorts of guitar work (6-string, 12-string, bass, double bass, etc), keyboards, clarinet, percussion, etc. along with vocals.

Plus, he's been doing indie for at least fifteen years now. Hell, maudlin's last album was crowd-funded in the pre-Kickstarter days and released online for free via an official torrent. That's super indie, right?
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Return to Spam Fest