Let's set the record straight.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Let's set the record straight.

by Rologton » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Disclaimer: This is not directed at anybody in particular, let alone here, and I'm mostly doing it because I have about 20 minutes of free time. :D

<rant>

Last night's Super Bowl was a great game. Definitely one of the best Super Bowls in a long time. I was excited and my team of choice won (Everybody here should know I'm a diehard Giants fan, but the Ravens have sort of always been the AFC team that I follow, though not nearly as religiously). Flacco proved that he's a better quarterback than most people give him credit for, Jones proved that he's still worth it even though he has the worst hands in the NFL, Ray Lewis (allegedly) didn't kill anybody when the lights went out, and Kaepernick only got to do that stupid bicep kiss once. It was a Super Bowl to remember, and one of the really great games that the NFL has had in a long time.

It is not, however, the greatest Super Bowl of all time, as some people on Facebook and Twitter seem to be alleging.

I put this on Facebook, but I'm also putting it here for posterity:

Nothing last night comes even close to Eli Manning breaking a sack and connecting with David Tyree, who caught the football on his helmet, to save a game winning drive in the last minute of the biggest upset game in NFL history.

That play alone is the greatest play in Super Bowl history. No kick return, regardless of how far, will trump it. No close, one score game will ever match up to a team ruining their rival's perfect season in the Championship game. That is a bigger upset than the so called "Greatest Game Ever Played" (Then-Baltimore Colts coming back against the Giants in the last 2 minutes of the 1958 Championship to win in overtime at Yankees Stadium). Therefore, anybody who thinks last night was the "greatest Super Bowl of all time" has been proven wrong and should stop toting such fallacies.

</rant>
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: Let's set the record straight.

by Knees of Justice » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Last night's Superbowl was the most entertaining for me because of the random power outage.

But that's probably because I'm not a big football fan.. I'm sure your rant has plenty of merit.
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by xalde » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Agreed, the highlight of the game for me was the power outage. Then I got bored and went to bed.
xalde
Donator

by CR33D » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 pm

xalde wrote:Agreed, the highlight of the game for me was the power outage. Then I got bored and went to bed.

Pretty much, except I got on TF2. I have no life
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 pm

I didn't even watch (or care) for the Super Bowl, myself. I mainly was just doing schoolwork and spending time with Arte. (DAT NMRiH!)
Nikki Wolf

by megamoose » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 pm

PUPPY BOWL IX ALL THE WAY!!! lol
megamoose
Donator

by Maringue » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:54 am

It was a pretty good game. Definitely not the best, or even to be mentioned on a list of which games might be the best. As an impartial Bears fan (ok, I'm not impartial, Ray Lewis helped kill two people in his limo and walked on the charges), I was a little frustrated that the refs decided not to call holding in the last minute of the game against the Ravens.

The non-call on the 4th down pass, questionable. There was a little push-off, but that was after the defender got to big handfuls of jersey in an attempt to not get beat on the fade.
The fucking mugging that was delivered so the Ravens punter could run around in the end-zone, ridiculous. The guy had both arms wrapped around the guy rushing the punter and was trying to drag him to the ground.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Maringue » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Oh, best joke was from the fake Facebook Elite Quarterback thread: (paraphrased)

Ray Lewis: HAHA bitches, two rings now!
Aaron Roggers: Shut up Ray, you were only even in this game because Atlanta screwed up so royally.
Eli Manning: When playing the NFC championship game?
Aaron Roggers: When prosecuting that 2000 murder trial.

Also, Joe Flacko, still not elite: http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-finally-elite/
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Rologton » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Still my all time favorite one from those. :P
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Return to Spam Fest