Laptop screen's broken. :(

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Laptop screen's broken. :(

by Rologton » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 pm

So unfortunately my laptop's screen broke and I'm going to have to get it fixed. I won't be able to go to Staples until tomorrow to get it looked at, but I' m assuming it's going to take a week or two to send it in, get it fixed and get it back (not to mention all of the fucking money I'm going to be pissing away on this fucking thing (needless to say I'm in a really bad mood)).

This topic serves two purposes: First, to let you all know why I won't be active for the unforseeable future, and second to ask if anybody has any idea how long it should take to get it fixed and how much it should cost. I know a lot of you guys are good with tech, so any help will be much appreciated.

And this is just for catharsis: fbsia hfbicaheliruhlmikdhliah cliq4htn;giqjknvdcksajn lkqihan l,khcnq loaeiwlkjrnfacoLInfuckineedasmokeo icnu avhoniucyhqlixufclwayxhfcuaandadrinkfpn9iuvamotjga4urj[fafuckfuckfuckuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckpvamiuvf0ac,u[potk[[quote][/quote]
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: Laptop screen's broken. :(

by Punisher » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:45 am

Well it really just depends on how easy it is to find a replacement screen. If your laptop is old you may have some difficulty and it could take them sometime to find a replacement. But once they have it, it'll just take the technition about 10 minutes to reattach it. The fix is easy and is just going to depend on where they have to ship the screen from, say shipping is 2-3 days repairing time "1 day" so it should be ready within a week. But that assumes staples doesn't just sit around and do nothing for the first few days.
Punisher

by Rologton » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 am

It's a new Toshiba (months old) so it won't be a problem getting the new screen. The problem is that Toshiba uses LCD screens that are expensive as fuck, and I'm pretty sure I know I skimped out on the warrantee that I bought so I'm almost positive I'm going to be paying for it myself. It's just really frustrating because this is a new computer I had to buy half way through the semester (during midterms week, mind you) because my old one fried on me, and now I have to throw more money into it. :x
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Maringue » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 am

I hate to say this, but usually when a laptop's screen gets toasted, it usually totals the laptop. The cost of a new screen plus all of the labor that goes into fixing it usually end up costing as much as a new laptop.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Beartato » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Call Toshiba's customer service and see if you are still under warranty. They should be able to look up your status from your serial number or something. Most laptops tend to have at east a one year warranty.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Maringue » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Beartato wrote:Call Toshiba's customer service and see if you are still under warranty. They should be able to look up your status from your serial number or something. Most laptops tend to have at east a one year warranty.

Also, if you bought it on a credit card, the card will provide insurance on the product, sometimes up to a years worth, sometimes only 90 days.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest