APUs

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

APUs

by GoDM1N » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:42 pm

So got to mess around with a APU system I built today for my grandmother.

AMD A6-3500 2.1ghz (stock cooler)
8gb Corsair 1600mhz
GIGABYTE A55 Mobo
500gb WD drive
everyday 460w PSU
cost around $340

Wow, these things can actually run TF2 on high with AA and all the other eye candy. I put the multiples at 20x, added a little bit of voltage and turned on the "Turbo core" and got this CPU up to 4.5ghz. If anyone is in the market for budget system these things actually surprised me. I have another A8 quad otw to replace my moms computer as well. I'll make a follow up post about that one once I get everything together and I'll also run it though PCmark or something to score it.

GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

Re: APUs

by fingerman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm

GoDM1N wrote:So got to mess around with a APU system I built today for my grandmother.

I bet solitaire is amazing with overclocking.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by GoDM1N » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:04 pm

fingerman wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:So got to mess around with a APU system I built today for my grandmother.

I bet solitaire is amazing with overclocking.

she gets like 30k fps now.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Shotgunbob » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm

I've been thinking about building my parents an APU based system, I'm guessing the 2.1GHz should be perfectly fine for everyday usage?
Shotgunbob

by GoDM1N » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Shotgunbob wrote:I've been thinking about building my parents an APU based system, I'm guessing the 2.1GHz should be perfectly fine for everyday usage?

Oh hell yea. CPUs today eat up that stuff.

Also heres my moms build

I had actually bought to 6670 for another PC, but deiced it'd be better for this build so I threw that in

Had a few hang ups with finding 3pin to molex adapters for the fans. These Corsair fans are the only fans I've ever bought with out them. Ended up buying some cheap 40mm ones at tigerdirect because they were out of the adapters by themselves.

After getting everything together I didn't have time to do much with the PC so I ran Unigine Heaven with a score of 614 at stock speeds which imo wasn't that bad considering how much I paid for this computer.
GoDM1N
Donator

Return to Spam Fest