Not a good day.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Not a good day.

by Rologton » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Allow me to air out my woes for a little bit:

Tuesday night, while it was pissing rain outside, some fucking morons in my building in the room 307 (the reason I state this will be clear in a minute) decided it would be a good idea to hang clothes with coat hangers off of the sprinkler system in the ceiling of their room. This caused their sprinklers to go off, the fire alarm to go off, the entire building to stand in a torrential downpour for 40 minutes and then not be allowed back into our rooms until 10:00 that night. When I get back to my room, 106, I learned that their room flooded so much that it poured through the floor to the rooms below them and accross the hall and surounding them. Basically, all of the rooms from the third floor down that had the numbers 05, 06, 07 and 08 were flooded. Joy is me.

Fast forward two days later, they are now ripping out drywall from rooms that have water damage. My room is, unfortunately, included in this list. Now I admit that it could be worse, as some of the other rooms, including the 07s, are so bad that they had to be flat out gutted, I still have to be stuck kicked out of my room while they replace ceiling tiles, drywall around the entrance and the hole in my shower that the flood caused. Add on to that the fact that I had to get up at 4am this morning and was only allowed back into my room long enough to shower, change and get my books before having to sit through 3 straight hours of class on 4 hours of sleep.

Add on even more to that, what I had to change into was my Class A uniform for ROTC because somebody in higher up arbitrarily decided that today was the day that we all get to prance around campus in our pretty outfits. Now whereas the actual Army Class A's, called ASUs, look fucking awesome and I can't wait to wear them when I commission, my ROTC Batallion still uses the old style of Class A's which, for those unfamiliar with them, were the height of fashion in 1972. This fucking suit is boxy, uncomfortable and restricting to a degree of rediculousness. I can't lift my arms to chest height, and sitting in class reaching for a book in my backpack (which, by the way, I have to carry in hand because you can't wear a backpack while in Class As) involves my whole body because I can't simply extend my arm toward the bag and get it. Instead, I have to look like a fucking idiot while leaning heavily over just to pick up my notebook. Think of the most uncomfortable, ill fitted suit you've ever have to wear and you will understand what I had to endure every time I wear this green fucking monstrosity.

Normally on a Class A day like today I have the luxury of getting back to my room after my classes and changing and hiding out in there until 6 (which is when we are allowed to change out of them), but not today, because there are dudes all over my room ripping out and replacing drywall and subsequently covering half my and my roomates' shit in white dust. Basically what I'm trying to say is I'm fucking tired, in my least favorite outfit I have the misfortune of having to wear multiple times a year, and there's nothing I can do about it because I can't change and everybody whos room I would consider napping in is currently in class or off campus.

Is there a reason for this dissertation of why shit has thoroughly sucked today? Not really, I just needed something to kill my time and really wanted to rant angrily. Well, I suppose I should point out that I will be sleeping in my girlfriend's place for the next two days, where there is a shitty connection and no real place to set up anyway, so I will be on TF2 very little, if at all, until at least Saturday when, hopefully, all the construction is done in my room. This is also partially because I was mainlining caffein from breakfast until my classes were over so I didn't fall asleep during them and I'm honestly a little hyper right now.

Basically, fuck my life. Thanks for reading the rant if you did.

Signing off,

Rolo

Fuck I'm tired.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: Not a good day.

by Echoplex » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 pm

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Newport » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 pm

#Rolo

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

by Ichise » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Wow...... that actually legit sucks. Actually. Sucks. Badly.
Ichise

by medkitz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm

May fire consume the bastards in room 307
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Beartato » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:35 am

That really sucks dude. On the bright side, I have the opportunity to share some fire-alarm-at-college stories and hopefully grant you some empathy:

The first one happened my freshman year. Well, actually this wasn't the first one of my freshman year or even for that night. On a very snowy day in November, we had three fire alarms: One around mid-day, one in the evening, and one at night. The last one happened at 2 am and woke me (and pretty much everyone else) up on a Wednesday. The dorm was evacuated for two hours as a flurry trinkled down upon us. I wisened up and headed over to the science building computer lab when I noticed the light on and ended up getting on the weird part of Wikipedia. It ended up that some people thought it would be funny to play with fire extinguishers, which somehow set off the alarm. Two were not students and the other person was not a student for much longer. Oh, and the first two alarms that day were caused by people who burned popcorn (geniuses).

My other story is slightly similar to yours. The fire alarm went off around 10:30pm on a Thursday night. I had just barely gotten to sleep when it went off. We were outside in 40 degree rainy weather for an hour while the fire department investigated the alarm. It ended up that something in the basement broke, causing a generator to overheat. The sprinkler system went off, flooding the basement. Fortunately, no one lived down there, but it did result in a lot of sleepy people to complain about being out in the cold for a while. Oh, and one of my friends was so black out drunk that she was in her room passed out the entire time. Quality way to spend a Thursday at 10:30 pm, right?

The first story also reminded me of something amusing from my freshman year. I originally went to a private college on the Hudson River, which was primarily full of people from Long Island and New Jersey. One of the Jersey girls was a total guida (in the days before The Jersey Shore, mind you). She was doing pre-med like so many other freshman on the science floor with me because being a doctor will make you totally rich. Anyways, she called herself Sexy Lexi and had a lot of pictures on her facebook of her duck-facing with her stupid tiny dog (way before it was mainstream, btw). She didn't last long; she got a 12 on her first chemistry exam and a 6 on her first biology practical. I never saw her in any of my classes after a month. My understanding is that she switched to the business school pretty quickly. And looking back, this wasn't too uncommon. The only person I know from there who actually went on to a medical profession was my first roommate. He is now in dentistry school and I'm not too surprised. You can tell that someone is really interested in dentistry when they first thing they do in bio lab is pull out all the teeth from their fetal pig.

Aww, now I'm rambling. Well hopefully it was entertaining. Hope things pick up for ya, bud.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Ichise » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 am

That's scary stuff...... first year in college, and plenty of people stupid enough to trip the fire alarm.
Ichise

by Rologton » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 am

Lol, it's actually my 3rd year in college. That's right, in an almost all junior dorm building, somebody was stupid enough to hang clothes from their sprinklers. Anyway, I actually got some sleep at my girlfriend's place and am on my way back to my school. Apparently all of the construction keeps setting off the alarms from all the dust and students keep getting in trouble because they're ignoring the alarm. Basically, when there's actually a fire, we're all going to die because we'll ignore the alarm.

Also, bear, what school were you at? I've lived in NY all my life and I go to school in the Albany area, I've probably heard of it.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Beartato » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

I was at Marist for a semester. I was swayed by the gorgeous campus (I toured on an amazing fall day) and thought the opportunities were a fit for me (new chem lab, historic Hudson Valley environmentalism, partnership with IBM), but I quickly changed my mind. The academics in the science school were a joke (which meant my degree would be a joke) and I really did not fit in with the people there. Also, Poughkeepsie is disgusting.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Return to Spam Fest