The mini-rant thread.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

The mini-rant thread.

by Rologton » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Here's the thread for mini-rants. I'm not talking about politics or anything to debate about, I'm talking about the little, arbitrary, completely inconsequential shit that pisses you off more than it probably should. Here's mine:

Images like this. "Huuurrr, if yur not luking at hur tits yur geeeeey!" Seriously? Are we in fucking middle school? At least the "Male Optical Illusion" one that sometimes pops up is cleverly worded. The biggest offenders are the ones where the thing you're not supposed to notice is something like a beer of a video game. Ok, so since I noticed this other hyper masculine, male oriented object while there's a woman in the picture, that's a statement on my sexuality? See, it collapses in on itself after the most basic of scrutiny. (/mini-rant)
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: The mini-rant thread.

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:50 pm

I actually had a thing on facepunch earlier this evening...

I'm user lemonade1950
ImageImage

8:04 PM - ≫ReL≪ PootisFactory CSn|LN: the dragon is sniffing the shark and the shark is tasting the dragon
Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by Nikki Wolf » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:09 pm

I hate those hard plastic cups that you can't even microwave or wash in a dishwasher. Not only do I not like really washing them, but they take up so much space in my cabinet where I store cups. Not only that, but they're not stackable. And they're pretty fragile, if I'm not mistaken. I accidentally dropped one a while back I was doing dishes, and the outer part or what not came off. Whatever happened to using a bottle that you could clip to the belt loop on your pants or a Thermos? (depending on your carrying beverage of choice)
Nikki Wolf

by Saber » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 pm

For some reason I really don't like hanging out with the really athletic type of person. I really just like don't click with those kinds of people, since I'm really just not athletic in the least.
ffs
god I learned thiss like recently
My roommates are all preppy well-built guys
Feels bad
Good thing I'm moving out in a few weeks
Saber

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Nikki Wolf wrote:I hate those hard plastic cups that you can't even microwave or wash in a dishwasher. Not only do I not like really washing them, but they take up so much space in my cabinet where I store cups. Not only that, but they're not stackable. And they're pretty fragile, if I'm not mistaken. I accidentally dropped one a while back I was doing dishes, and the outer part or what not came off. Whatever happened to using a bottle that you could clip to the belt loop on your pants or a Thermos? (depending on your carrying beverage of choice)

Oddly enough I actually like the plastic cups, as long as I'm not heating them. Or dropping them of course :P
ImageImage

8:04 PM - ≫ReL≪ PootisFactory CSn|LN: the dragon is sniffing the shark and the shark is tasting the dragon
Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by Echoplex » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:13 am

Dear Diary,
I hate a lot of people for how shallow they are. People who are too "normal" for me infuriate me and it's probably not fair to them, but I can't even fathom how people derive satisfaction from modeling what they see in media and from their like minded friends. I try my best to keep quiet about it, but I have fantasies of burning my bridges on Facebook and telling everyone about how pathetic they are for constantly boasting about being so...boring. It's like no one can think for themselves these days. Maybe I'm just too self centered and hateful to understand. I genuinely love everyone until they give me a reason not to, but I can flip out and change my opinion very quickly

Not really on topic and I'm kind of ranting about myself, but I'm glad I typed this before I went to bed

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by stanley » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:28 am

i hate people who think they're making a difference by posting things on facebook, or anything like that. everything recently with kony is a great example, everyone gets riled up and thinks they've become part of a movement when really they haven't changed anything. its borderline insulting to me that we as people can be so stupid to make ourselves believe we're changing something when people are suffering everyday from us not doing anything. its almost like not doing anything is better, so we can at least avoid this arrogant, ridiculous idea that we're changing something, or that we're part of a non-existant movement so we can at least realize the problems and do something about them. also, everything echoplex said.

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by megamoose » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 am

I kinda hate it when a customer going through self-checkout is already irritated. I ask them, as my normal job says "Need any help?", and they say go away mother-fucker. Later on, they have an IQ under 50 and can't understand how to work the damn machine. They call you a F@gg0, and run off, paying nothing with all groceries.

I also hate it when my job doesn't care for shit about the employees and doesn't know how to keep things orderly, properly, and smooth running.

I also hate it when @ self-checkout, people ignore you with 50 items in there cart, and it's a <20 item spot. After telling them, they ignore you, don't apologize, and just call you a "ghetto-motherfucking-ass".

I work at a giant supermarket chain in the east called Wegmans, which is in the top 10 companies to work for. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!@!@!@!!@!@@!
megamoose
Donator

by Shotgunbob » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:59 pm

megamoose wrote:I kinda hate it when a customer going through self-checkout is already irritated. I ask them, as my normal job says "Need any help?", and they say go away mother-fucker. Later on, they have an IQ under 50 and can't understand how to work the damn machine. They call you a F@gg0, and run off, paying nothing with all groceries.

I also hate it when my job doesn't care for shit about the employees and doesn't know how to keep things orderly, properly, and smooth running.

I also hate it when @ self-checkout, people ignore you with 50 items in there cart, and it's a <20 item spot. After telling them, they ignore you, don't apologize, and just call you a "ghetto-motherfucking-ass".

I work at a giant supermarket chain in the east called Wegmans, which is in the top 10 companies to work for. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!@!@!@!!@!@@!

Please place item in the bagging area.
Shotgunbob

by medkitz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I hate it when people bitch about the smallest things that could be easily solved. (This is not aimed towards anyone on this post)
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:11 am

This a big one for me:
I already loathe anyone who is homophobic, but anyone one of those same homophobes who are okay with lesbians because "they're hot" are, at least in my opinion, worse than people who just straight hate gay people, because they don't have the balls to commit to their prejudices.
VoltySquirrel

by xalde » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:50 am

People whose tabs on their vehicle license plates are expired. Especially those that have been expired for many months. Why the hell haven't you been caught and fined yet?! Seriously, you get a thing in the mail telling you that they're due, and in Minnesota can even avoid going to the DMV by sending in your payment via mail and receiving your tabs that way. It's easy, and if the police department wants extra money they ought to just go around parking lots and ticket all those cars whose license tabs had expired.
xalde
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 am

medkitz wrote:I hate it when people bitch about the smallest things that could be easily solved. (This is not aimed towards anyone on this post)

Some kid I removed not too long ago was like that. God, he was fucking annoying -w-
Nikki Wolf

by Maringue » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 am

I just moved into the city and there are a bunch of hipsters who live around me. One of the most annoying things ever is when I'm walking down the street and see a pile of junk sitting next to the sidewalk. Sometimes there will be a little half-assed sign that says "free".

Fucking hipsters think they are donating and making the work a better place. Here is the contents of one pile I walked by this morning:

a fake potted plant
a most likely broken printer, ink jet (this is something that it in almost every single one of these piles)
a few old beat up t-shirts
a most likely broken humidifier
two horribly ugly ducks, not the nice wooden decoy type
a shitty landscape painting that the tried to abstractly paint over, half finished and poorly done.

If you leave shit like this on the curb, you are not donating asshole, you are littering. No one wants your fucking broken inkjet printer for 7 years ago, just throw it in the trash like a normal person and stop trying to be pretentious by thinking you are doing anyone a favor by "donating" this crap. They could actually do something useful like take it down to the electronics recycling facility that the city has, but putting effort into the operation and that's never going to happen.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Echoplex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Sounds like someone just moved to Boston :o

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Rologton » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeah, I'd hate it if I were stuck in Boston, too.

You know what I hate? Stupid commercials. Not the funny stupid ones that, like, Doritos do, I mean the ones with some annoying song or some awkward situation that makes you not want to watch it. The one that comes to mind is that Aflak commercial that had the goose breakdancing while woodland creatures rapped. That didn't make me want to get Aflak, it just made me pissed that people payed to put that on TV.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 pm

Rologton wrote:Yeah, I'd hate it if I were stuck in Boston, too.

You know what I hate? Stupid commercials. Not the funny stupid ones that, like, Doritos do, I mean the ones with some annoying song or some awkward situation that makes you not want to watch it. The one that comes to mind is that Aflak commercial that had the goose breakdancing while woodland creatures rapped. That didn't make me want to get Aflak, it just made me pissed that people payed to put that on TV.

Similarly, the commercials that are either really quiet that you have to turn the volume to max just to even somewhat hear what they are saying, as well as the ones where they make your ears bleed they are so loud.
ImageImage

Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by Rologton » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:32 pm

^Truth!^

Ok, one more rant:

Why is it that you're a douche bag if you take the last of something without asking if anybody else wants it, but if you're the person that perks up and takes it when asked it's perfectly acceptable? Either way you're taking the last of something and, technically speaking, taking away everyone else's chances of getting it. Now, that person who was polite enough to ask everybody else, even though he/she was the first to go for the last of said thing and thus diserves it more because of it, has to sit there and watch somebody else eat the thing he clearly wanted more than them.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by VoltySquirrel » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Am I the only one who, upon opening a link to a YouTube video, almost immediately click the "enlarge video" and "show more" buttons, just so I don't have to read any of the comments? Cuz' I do it for 95% of the YT videos I watch. I can't stand YT comments. They suck.
VoltySquirrel

by CaptainEspion » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:47 pm

I got one.

People on the love nest complain about being killed while "friendly". Then, they complain that they hate pacifist. WHY CAN NOBODY BE SATISFIED?!
CaptainEspion
Donator

by Echoplex » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:06 pm

I cannot fucking stand it when somebody can't answer simple yes or no questions. Easily my #1 pet peeve

One of my old roommates would literally give you a formal pro/con list every time you asked him to do something as simple as go outside and play soccer. IDGAF :x :x

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Enigma » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Whenever I hear that Goyte song on the radio, I immediately go ape shit for about 3 secs then switch radio stations. Fuck that song. It's annoying as shit.
Enigma

by Saber » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't even listen to the radio~
Saber

by VoltySquirrel » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Enigma wrote:Whenever I hear a Train or that stupid Fun. so g on the radio, I immediately go ape shit for about 3 secs then switch radio stations. Fuck that group/song. They're annoying as shit.

FTFY
VoltySquirrel

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:41 am

Here, I gotta another one:

I can't stand it when people on YouTube or Facebook or Twitter or High School feel cool/smart saying stuff like "Up had a better love story in 5 minutes than all of Twilight" or responding to a badly told story with "BETTER THAN TWILIGHT!" I don't like the movies either, but constantly regurgitating something funny you read on the internet in order to seem funny just make you a douche in my eyes. The way I see it, if you're going to trash a movie, put some effort and wit into said trashing.
VoltySquirrel

by Guy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:13 pm

I hate how every gay guy you come across is very happily in a damn relationship, and you are the only one FOREVER ALONE! ;-;

What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by GoDM1N » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm

I hate people in their late teens or early 20s who go to drive through with a car full of people and want to make separate orders. No shit just got back from one where this happened. They pulled up too far from the screen so the person working there couldn't hear them well enough and it took them like 10mins to order a few cups of water, and for some reason the person driving thought it made sense to use hand jesters at the screen to help explain the orders. Upon getting their small cups of water and blocking up the drive through to the point it went around the building, they pulled out on the road and stopped at a stop sign crooked to make sure to block both lanes of traffic for like 2mins to check their order blocking everyone who was behind them once again. Fuck you guys go inside and order your bullshit and next time walk.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Hatred » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 pm

3 things i hate about ppl ....

first ppl who dont like destroying things ... say they live a "green" life but dont fucking realize EVERY STUPID THING IN THIS WORLD WE CREATED REQUIRED US TO DESRTOY SOMETHING ... deal with it it is what we do best ... don't cute it up by saying oh i just dont like the word destroy it sound to negative ... come to terms with it and help break shit FFS ...

next is whoever came up with money ... jezus what a stupid invention ... but i do this and deserve more than that guy ... STFU ... i do hard labor all day and deserve the same things as the the guy who saves lives or sits at a desk or washes my dishes at the bar and serve's my food, ext. ... if i didnt build your house you wouldnt have a place to live and if the server didnt do her job you would have to sit with the wife and drink on your fridays jeeze ... MF'ing ppl make me mad ... give ALL working ppl a card here you go it's good for 1 awsome night a week, 50 item's at a food store a week, it shows you work so you get a roof over your head, some clothes and something nice once a month ... and whoever doesnt work gets strung up in the barn ... end of story ... then we can focus on more important shit ... like finding where they burried Jimmy Hoffa or why we like the taste of lemonade but hate to eat raw lemon's (except when drinking) or or or ... i feel like i need to slap someone ...

and finally its those ppl on facebook that hijack your threads ... and you account is private ... and you only add ppl you actually know ... then you realize it's your mom or someone stupid like that ... if i post "stupid weather making me lose a days work" dont point out rob is a douche ... i've known rob years longer than you so i know better than anyone rob is a douche ... damn it ...
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Maringue » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 am

Maringue
Blue Admin

by Rologton » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Reviving this:

I hate when perfectly healthy people use the handicapped button to open doors. Bitch, you have two good hands, designed over billions of years of evolution to perform incredible feats of dexterity. I don't care if you're carying your books, get a backpack and open the fucking door yourself like an adult.

This stems from there being a few handicap buttons in my dorm building that I constantly see people using.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by medkitz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm

I hate it when you get a bad grade in a project because of one fucking idiot.
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Guy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:37 am

;~;
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by xalde » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 am

People saying "I'm a friendly, I'm friendly, don't kill me" on a slay box server. Just go to the f+^+***$&$&9)/:; fun box, I'm not in the mood to put up with your whiney s&$3(, even after you're muted. I know the slay box isn't really srs, but still.

Needless to say I went to westbox.

Endrant
xalde
Donator

by Saber » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 pm

yo fuck my goddamn schedule fucking piece of shit every single interesting talk i have is superseded by some fucking class that i should have probably taken next semester fuck
Saber

by Beartato » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:52 am

Goddammit, I'm only like a month into this sort-of-relationship and I'm already reminded of why they usually don't work out.

So my girl goes off two hours away to get drunk with her best friend (who is a shithead). And of course while pregaming and going out and at the bar and after she's texting me the entire time. WHY ARE YOU GOING OUT IF YOU JUST SPEND THE TIME TEXTING ME? And then I get a call at 1:30am (but fortunately I wasn't asleep this time) and get to listen to her cry for 10 minutes because she doesn't know where she is or where her friend is. STOP FUCKING CRYING IF YOURE LOST IN AN UNFAMILIAR CITY. YOU HAVE A FUCKING PHONE WITH A FUCKING MAP APP AND YOU KNOW YOUR FRIENDS ADDRESS. Eventually she decides that finding her friend is a better idea than crying on the phone. Thank fucking god. So half an hour passes and I finally get a text saying that she's back in her apartment. (Oh btw, most of her texts make no sense because of drunk/auto-correct.) Then at 2:30am I get another fucking call. SILENCE. EXCEPT FOR SOME CRYING. 10 MINUTES OF SILENCE AND CRYING. What the fuck?

And this is basically how it always went (we dated for a year before) and clearly still does. For fucks sake...

Oh, and she's going to be hungover tomorrow and expect sympathy for it even though she's had five years experience now to learn her limit and still hasn't...
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Echoplex » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:53 pm

lol. Drunk girls crying is just the WORST

All stock errythang
Echoplex

Return to Spam Fest