My attitude as of late.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

My attitude as of late.

by Thret » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Hello CSn. Some of you know me well and others maybe not. Regardless, most people know me as an upbeat person that's always fighting for the right thing and has a good sense of humor. As of the past few months I feel that I have not been myself. looking at others' point of view I may come off as a jackass or dour or very depressing. I want you to know that i am normally not like this and I wanted to give some backstory to my sudden change in mood.

You see, my father has been very ill for quite a number of months. This has been very painful for him and has worn on me. Today was the worst day of my life. My dad, the man who was there to raise me and teach me about the world, decided to give in the towel. He is done fighting his disease. Tomorrow he will be admitted to the hospital so he can apply for hospice. They will make him as comfortable as possible and he is now refusing the dialysis he needs to keep him alive. This is what has caused my sudden change in mood and made me seem so dour and sad. My terrible outlook on life will probably persist for a few months but that is to be expected with death. Hopefully I can bounce back soon and be the wonderful person the older members remember me as and that I wish to be to the newer ones.

Please accept my humble apologies.
Thret

Re: My attitude as of late.

by fingerman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:35 pm

I am sorry to hear that Thret. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by MrCakeMan14 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm very, sincerely sorry to hear that. Sorry for the feelings, the confusion, and losses. I wish you the best of luck and strength, again very sorry.
Forgotten Goldmin
MrCakeMan14
Gold Admin

by IM BATMAN » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Thret wrote:Hello CSn. Some of you know me well and others maybe not. Regardless, most people know me as an upbeat person that's always fighting for the right thing and has a good sense of humor. As of the past few months I feel that I have not been myself. looking at others' point of view I may come off as a jackass or dour or very depressing. I want you to know that i am normally not like this and I wanted to give some backstory to my sudden change in mood.

You see, my father has been very ill for quite a number of months. This has been very painful for him and has worn on me. Today was the worst day of my life. My dad, the man who was there to raise me and teach me about the world, decided to give in the towel. He is done fighting his disease. Tomorrow he will be admitted to the hospital so he can apply for hospice. They will make him as comfortable as possible and he is now refusing the dialysis he needs to keep him alive. This is what has caused my sudden change in mood and made me seem so dour and sad. My terrible outlook on life will probably persist for a few months but that is to be expected with death. Hopefully I can bounce back soon and be the wonderful person the older members remember me as and that I wish to be to the newer ones.

Please accept my humble apologies.

I havn't been here to know you very long, but you have my hopes and prayers. I'm very sorry to hear this, and somewhat understand the attitude to come with this.

Last year's MLK day I had to get surgery on my ancle to fix two bones growing together. As if the surgery and months of trying different things NOT to get surgery was bad enough, I had to spend several months laying on a couch, then sitting in a wheelchair.

However, eventually I got out of the chair and back to walking after a few months and I made it to where I am today. In the end, I think it also made me a stronger, more appreciative, better person.

But that is just my story, and I do not write yours.

Even if this very different from your story, I hope it helps. Best of luck to you ;).
IM BATMAN

by Prof_Schwartz » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 pm

My condolences, Thret.
Prof_Schwartz

by medkitz » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Deepest sorries.
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Rologton » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:23 pm

We're all here for you man. I've lost family, but it's nothing like that. I can't even imagine what you are goin through.

Just know we're always here for support.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by megamoose » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Dude... need a shoulder to cry on (in the non-h0mo perspective)? Closest thing to almost euthanasia is my last dog. I can't imagine the pain you're going through. Deep condolences, CSn is here for you.
megamoose
Donator

by Failhorse » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Dude. I don't want to look like a dipshit, but i know how you feel. My dad is 73 and we've been down quite a few dirty roads in the last few years. Moreover, I see a ton of people passing, and it's fucking bullshit. Especially when they refuse the things that may make them linger for a few extra months or a year. I know it's hard, and i'm here for yah. But respect their wishes and love your family. It's all you can do. The decisions they make are their own. Take with it, what you've learned from them, and what you can learn from them before it's too late.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Thret » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 am

Thank you for the condolences everyone. Maybe this post wasn't needed but I wanted everyone to know that there has been a good reason for my bad mood and crap attitude.

Failhorse wrote:Dude. I don't want to look like a dipshit, but i know how you feel. My dad is 73 and we've been down quite a few dirty roads in the last few years. Moreover, I see a ton of people passing, and it's fucking bullshit. Especially when they refuse the things that may make them linger for a few extra months or a year. I know it's hard, and i'm here for yah. But respect their wishes and love your family. It's all you can do. The decisions they make are their own. Take with it, what you've learned from them, and what you can learn from them before it's too late.

I agree with all of this Failhorse. Two things that life and family have taught me are: 1) In the end you're the only one that has to live with your decisions, and 2) Blood is thick.
Thret

Return to Spam Fest