Shitty FPS? Good price on OK video card!

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Shitty FPS? Good price on OK video card!

by Failhorse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 am

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 0f69ffd318

90 bucks after mail in rebate. Why this card? Well it's not too bad for the money. It doesn't have the best fan on the market. It's not even the most exciting video card out there. Some may even be slightly cheaper. But. And the big butt. Yes this card will take up 2 bays. But it's not huge. This card should fit into a med tower. Or that POS HP case you're trying to ignore. To make sure, check. The card size is, 8.8" x 5.4" x 1.6". You will have to upgrade the firmware immediately. But this card is solid. Requires a 450 watt pwr supply.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Shitty FPS? Good price on OK video card!

by Maringue » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 am

Hey, don't talk shit about my POS HP case! It fit an EVGA 560ti just fine! And by just fine I mean I had to move one of the HD connections to the motherboad.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: Shitty FPS? Good price on OK video card!

by Echoplex » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Hijacking this thread for nerd chat. I was thinking about "upgrading" to a Trinity APU PC in the fall...it's honestly almost a sideways move from my 3 year old box but this thing is so big, noisy, and hot that I would happy happy to ditch a discrete graphics card for lower power usage and form factor.

All of the delays and AMD's stock price tanking aren't great signs going forward, though :/

Current PC is a Phenom II B50 (3.0 x4 OC'd to 3.5 gHz) with a Sapphire 4870. Overclocking also kills the low-load undervolting/"Cool n quiet" feature, so it draws even more power than you would think :/

All stock errythang
Echoplex

Return to Spam Fest