Facebook makes Sheeple

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Facebook makes Sheeple

by Maringue » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 pm

http://www.dailycampus.com/news/facebook-could-cost-you-a-job-1.1826127
There are a few things I'd like to point out in this article. If I was in an interview and the interviewer said, "I see your Facebook page is private. Log in now and show me what's on it," I would tell him that I had a right to keep information private. Does he want to interview my ex-girlfriends to see how I am in bed next? I have an online bank account, do you want me to log in and show you everything in there too asshole? If he persisted, I would tell him to go fuck himself and leave.

Then it talks about how people are updating their status during class. Now, no one took notes on a computer when I was in college, so this wasn't an issue. If I didn't want to pay attention, I just didn't go to fucking class.

And Facebook withdrawal? Are you fucking kidding me? Oh my god, I can't check Facebook. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!! I have an idea. Kill yourself. No really. Facebook is good for keeping up with friends and planning the occasional party, but if you can't function without it, Darwin wants you out of the gene pool.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: Facebook makes Sheeple

by Smeemo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Deactivated my account after I heard Homeland Security was making fake accounts and friend-ing everyone. Can't say I've missed it at all.
Smeemo

by Toaster » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:10 pm

i think it's the first time I agree with you entirely maringue, you might just be good people after all <3
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Maringue » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:29 pm

The only problem is that in many states (mostly very conservative) are called "right to work" states. The actual law has some crap to do with unions, but the practical application is important: They can fire your ass for absolutely no reason whatsoever. While that's not technically true, an employer in these states has so many valid reasons for firing you that are so broadly defined that they can get away with it.

Do or same something on Facebook from your home computer that your employer doesn't like, bam, fired. No questions asked. Remember, the freedom of speech is only a protection from the government.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Florida is a hire/fire at will state.

Sure it can cause some problems, but you can't go firing people as you might think, civil lawsuits for unjust termination are still valid.
NuclearWatermelon

by Repoman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:50 pm

I only keep mine for family reasons since I dont see them anymore being away from home and all. But other than that, Facebook sucks hardcore.

At least its not ghetto like Myspace.
Repoman

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Utah is a fire and hire at will state also. It's the main reason I don't have a facebook. I know for a fact my boss checks facebook weekly, and I've know 2 people to have been drug tested under suspicion of weed because of a picture. They of course tested positive and were fired. Being in a state as conservative as Utah sucks sometimes...
Ackybur
Donator

by Divide by NaN » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Fuck facebook.
Divide by NaN

Return to Spam Fest