Current events have saddened me...

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Current events have saddened me...

by Rologton » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:46 pm

This is mostly as a vent for some of my IRL frustrations, but hopefully this might stem some of the tides of change that has his the community. Anyway:

Maybe I'm the only one, but Critsandvich has become more than just a gaming community to me. Last summer my family moved from where I went to high school to a new town 3 hours away, and quite frankly, the move hit me pretty hard. I had moved a total of 4 times before that, pretty much every 4 years, and I guess I finally convinced myself that that would really be the last time. I've been very frustrated with how many friends I've lost because of moving so much and since then I've been worried of the same thing repeating itself. Add on to the fact that I'm now a college student and am only home during vacations, the amount of people I've met in this time is a net total of 0. Quite frankly it's very boring and very lonely here. All I do is work and go to the gym, then sit around, and asside from the occasional weekend where I blow all of my money on gass to drive out of my way to see some friends, I've done very little. The closest friends to me are an hour away, the people I really want to see (those being the people I won't be seeing when next semester starts) are much farther away, and even my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years is in a different state.

I'm saying this to lay out why Critsandvich has become so important to me as of late. Quite frankly, the servers and community have become a big distraction from all that. If I can't interact with people in person, at least I still have TF2 and the forums to give me some interaction with actual people. Also, I've been struggling on and off with smoking since I was 16, and the people I work for are all smokers (I work on a farm and they're smoking around me constantly), so that's been pretty rough lately. I've been using the community as a distraction to stop me from stopping at a gass station and buying a pack.

What I'm saying is that, at least for me, CSn is a little more than just a group of people I like to play a video game with. And yeah, maybe it's kind of sad that I'm using an internet community as a surrogate for real life, but quite frankly real life is really lonely right now, and has been since school ended. I went from living in a town where I can text someone and 5 minutes later be doing something and being able to have fun whenever I want to a town where I don't know a damn person and quite frankly has nothing to do. I just hope that we get through all these issues quickly and stop losing fun and interesting people. All I ask is that we actually try to work through some issues before this turns into more of a shitstorm than it already is.

I don't know... Like I said, this was mostly a mini-therapy session for me. Thanks for reading, if you did.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: Current events have saddened me...

by Phantom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Ya this last wave of goodbyes really hit hard, I can say I think im in the same boat.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Shit sucks, man. But hey, you'll pull through.

Oh, and by the way, you abused the hell out of the phrase "quite frankly" there. Jus' sayin'.
VoltySquirrel

by megamoose » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 am

Even though I can't empathize, I can sympathize for you. This is also true to me, but becoming worse. At first, I was just a sad little 15 year old, having no friends, TF2 was reality for me. It's great to chat with people here to get stuff off my mind. Recently, TF2 is nothing to me, b/c my used-to-be friends are now enemies. I have no way to regain them, b/c for some reason I did something bad in the past. Hopefully, sometime, I'll be able to regain them. Just hopefully.

Rologton, you'l survive and have fun, trust me.
megamoose
Donator

by Patrid » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 am

Rologton wrote:This is mostly as a vent for some of my IRL frustrations, but hopefully this might stem some of the tides of change that has his the community. Anyway:

Maybe I'm the only one, but Critsandvich has become more than just a gaming community to me. Last summer my family moved from where I went to high school to a new town 3 hours away, and quite frankly, the move hit me pretty hard. I had moved a total of 4 times before that, pretty much every 4 years, and I guess I finally convinced myself that that would really be the last time. I've been very frustrated with how many friends I've lost because of moving so much and since then I've been worried of the same thing repeating itself. Add on to the fact that I'm now a college student and am only home during vacations, the amount of people I've met in this time is a net total of 0. Quite frankly it's very boring and very lonely here. All I do is work and go to the gym, then sit around, and asside from the occasional weekend where I blow all of my money on gass to drive out of my way to see some friends, I've done very little. The closest friends to me are an hour away, the people I really want to see (those being the people I won't be seeing when next semester starts) are much farther away, and even my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years is in a different state.

I'm saying this to lay out why Critsandvich has become so important to me as of late. Quite frankly, the servers and community have become a big distraction from all that. If I can't interact with people in person, at least I still have TF2 and the forums to give me some interaction with actual people. Also, I've been struggling on and off with smoking since I was 16, and the people I work for are all smokers (I work on a farm and they're smoking around me constantly), so that's been pretty rough lately. I've been using the community as a distraction to stop me from stopping at a gass station and buying a pack.

What I'm saying is that, at least for me, CSn is a little more than just a group of people I like to play a video game with. And yeah, maybe it's kind of sad that I'm using an internet community as a surrogate for real life, but quite frankly real life is really lonely right now, and has been since school ended. I went from living in a town where I can text someone and 5 minutes later be doing something and being able to have fun whenever I want to a town where I don't know a damn person and quite frankly has nothing to do. I just hope that we get through all these issues quickly and stop losing fun and interesting people. All I ask is that we actually try to work through some issues before this turns into more of a shitstorm than it already is.

I don't know... Like I said, this was mostly a mini-therapy session for me. Thanks for reading, if you did.

I can't tell you how similar our stories are. After High School, moved 2 hours away from where I had been living for the past 5 years.
I find that the easiest way to make interactions is through living with friends in college, joining a club or group, then getting integrated into college life. Hell, after a while it aint so bad.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Rologton » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:06 am

I'm well integrated with the college life. There's nothing wrong when the semester starts and I'm with people.

It's the months I'm stuck in some new house I hate but am still expected to fix up and some boondock town that nobody's ever heard of where I don't know a single person that's getting to me.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Prof_Schwartz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 am

Hey Rolo. I totally understand. Me and Patrid used to live in the same neighborhood, and when he left tbh I was saddened. I had plenty of friends surrounding me, but he was probably my closest, based on what we went through together, in school together, etc. When I went to school for a year in New Hampshire, that was waaaaaaaaay away. 3 and 1/2 hours from where my dad lives in Manhattan. Moving to the city prior to school was a big change for me. I only have a few friends who (luckily) live in the same building as me. I pretty much have lost touch with all my friends from my hometown, and I've pretty much lost touch with the majority of my friends that I made in New Hampshire at school (I don't plan on going back, long story).

And yeah, maybe it's kind of sad that I'm using an internet community as a surrogate for real life,

As for having friends in a gaming community, moving, etc, I completely know where you're coming from dude. I find nothing wrong with that. I love this community no matter what happens. We lose some, we gain some, and that's a fact. That is going to happen from time to time.

You're gonna pull through Rolo, we're all here :)
Prof_Schwartz

by Phantom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 am

Having internet friends or a community isnt a bad thing. I know both of my best friends from xbox live, 4 years ago, I even visited one of them so, no a surrogate is not bad man.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by GirlOnFire » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 am

Can't say we've ever spoken before but I am gonna guess its cause your an east coaster and I'm not but just thought i would give a little input. Change can for sure be no fun sometimes but it's important to remember that it is constantly happening so this time in your life will only last a short while. Also making friends with people online and creating relationships is awesome, nothing to be ashamed of there I think it's a great distraction for a lot of us. And stay strong with the no smoking I'm sure its difficult when everyone around you is doing it but remember that you made the choice to stop and do it for you! Well I hope this was able to help in some way and keep your chin up, things will get better! :D
Last edited by GirlOnFire on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GirlOnFire
Donator

by TheMcGib » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree with girl
When I am having a shitty day, my online friends distract me and cause me to have fun
TheMcGib

by Smeemo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Sometimes life is shitty. Really, really shitty. And that's why I drink. Wait! That's not healthy advice. And that's why I drink and play TF2, and.... damn it. I'm no good at this.

Glad to have you around. Having good people to go through life's ups and downs with makes all the difference, even if they're people you've never met face-to-face. And sometimes you meet those people face-to-face, and you regret it forever (Failhorse).
Smeemo

by Hatred » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Smeemo wrote:Sometimes life is shitty. Really, really shitty. And that's why I drink. Wait! That's not healthy advice. And that's why I drink and play TF2, and.... damn it. I'm no good at this.

yup thats what i was about to say ...

look rolo there are some things in life we can't change ... i could type a thousand examples
or give you the story of the last year of my life ...instead i'm gonna say ... stay strong brother. ppl come and go all the time, but it's the ppl that stay that realy matter. there are ppl in this community that i know will always be around even if they go away for awhile. i also count on that... this place is like my second home ... a home where i kills you ... lulz

i'll quote code geass for the best ways to put it ...
i wonder what happiness could look like if we could give it a form..?
The Shape of happiness might resemble glass..
Even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there...
You merely have to change your Point of View slightly..
and that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light..
I doubt that anything could argue its existence more eloquently..

it's the truth buddy it realy is ...
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Ninja » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:11 am

I know a song that will help!
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
:Potential loud warning:
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm