Diablo 3 = instant lulzfest

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Diablo 3 = instant lulzfest

by Spyder » Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 am

Against my better judgment I decided to get Diablo 3. I pre-ordered it at Gamestop and got it at midnight with all the other goofy neckbearded gamers.

Now, here's the caveat: As you probably know already, Blizzard made Diablo 3 online (even if you play single player...). This being the case, they decided to make the server launch timezoned. Namely, 2:00 A.M. over here in the Midwest.

I install the game and get it up and running around 2:04. Takes a while for me to log in. Between Demon Hunter (ranged class) and Wizard, I opted to play as a Demon Hunter first. I name my character and hit "create". I get a "timed out" message. So, I restart the game. I launch the game again, type in my password and, essentially, this happens:

"The servers are busy at this time. Please try again later. (Error 37)." In plain language, it reads "We were foolish enough to make an offline, single player game into an online-based one. What's that? 5 million people trying to log into the one server at the same time? LOL!"

Since I'm not a die-hard Diablo fanboy, and since I decided to get the game for the hell of it, I'm not mad. In fact, the irony of this is killing me with jocularity.
Image Image
Spyder

Re: Diablo 3 = instant lulzfest

by Smeemo » Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 am

It's beta garbage. Highly recommend everyone stays away from this one 'til it's stable. I fell asleep early, woke up around 5:00 a.m. CST, and have only been able to connect to a game 3 times out of the 25(?) I've input my password. Of the 3 times, I've played an average of one minute before timing out. I should've known better and waited a couple weeks before dropping 60 bones to just get frustrated.
Smeemo

by Capiturism » Tue May 15, 2012 5:33 am

It's like the Halo catastrophe all over again.
Only this time not justified.
Capiturism
Pink Admin

by Smeemo » Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 am

Still getting kicked at random times + whenever I go idle for at least two minutes, but I'm a level 6 Witch Doctor now. Can't tell if it's getting better because of something Blizzard is doing or because everyone who's been trying to play since the servers went "live" is finally going to bed now. :D
Smeemo

by Guy » Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

PPPFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

What you do is copy your password, and Ctrl+V.
Typing it over and over makes you look like a noob. LOL

I don't like Diablo, but I might try it in a year or two.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by medkitz » Tue May 15, 2012 1:51 pm

played diablo 2 and detested it. most likely wont like multiplayer either
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Spyder » Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Smeemo wrote:It's beta garbage. Highly recommend everyone stays away from this one 'til it's stable. I fell asleep early, woke up around 5:00 a.m. CST, and have only been able to connect to a game 3 times out of the 25(?) I've input my password. Of the 3 times, I've played an average of one minute before timing out. I should've known better and waited a couple weeks before dropping 60 bones to just get frustrated.

Image Image
Spyder

by VoltySquirrel » Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 am

I love experiencing lag while playing a single player game. Wait, I think I meant to say it is fucking horrendous and ruins what is at it's core a great game.
VoltySquirrel

by Smeemo » Thu May 17, 2012 10:10 am

Torchlight 2 comes out soon. The latest "maintenance" is especially pissing me off atm.
Smeemo

Return to Spam Fest