Bioware fans are awful

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Bioware fans are awful

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 am

I don't really need to expand upon that, what with all the bullshit they've caused in the past month, right?
VoltySquirrel

Re: Bioware fans are awful

by Maringue » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:I don't really need to expand upon that, what with all the bullshit they've caused in the past month, right?

Assume I have no idea what you are talking about and try again.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:56 am

Okay, how about the fact that they launched an attack upon one of the new writers in Dragon Age II, blamed her alone for it's less-than-ideal writing, called her a fat cunt, openly stated that she was "the cancer that is killing Bioware" and made a hero out of a douchebag who got called a fucking moron by a PR guy for being a fucking moron? Or, how about the fact that they are so entitled that they feel that they deserve a different ending so much that they should petition for a new one, once again attack individual employees for issue they have with the game, accuse Bioware of lying to its fans in order to squeeze money out of them, used charity as a defense of their asshatery, and just recently started filing complaints to the FTC and the BBB?
VoltySquirrel

by Shotgunbob » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 am

Omg Guize dat ending was bad dis da wurst gaem evar!

Reminds me of people complaining about the simplified upgrade system in ME2.
Shotgunbob

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I have no clue what this "bad ending" they're talking about is, since I don't have the game. But yes, I will agree that BioWare's fans are rather awful. They're just doing their jobs, but the fans think they can/have to dictate their jobs, as if they're the CEOs of the company. I heard something about BioWare changing the ending, but with how everyone's acting, I think it should just stay the way it is. If they don't like it, too bad. That's their problem.
Nikki Wolf

by Phantom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Cant say I blame them. Honestly the ending(s) the gave us were, lets be honest, stupid.
They with just 10 minutes worth of endings ruined a great trilogy.
Not to mention the memes they let loose upon the interwebs.

R.I.P marauder shields
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Phantom wrote:Cant say I blame them. Honestly the ending(s) the gave us were, lets be honest, stupid.

There is a way to be unsatisfied with a game and have issue with it without being complete and utter assholes about it. I didn't like the ending to BSG, but I don't demand Ronald Moore to give me the ending I desire or file frivolous complaints with the BBB. Honestly, if they are unhappy with the ending and want a new one, than they can have one. Just don't be a dick and demand that Bioware implement it. That's what fanfiction is for. I mean, hell, most Lost fans pretend the series ended right when Jack died. I don't see how Bioware fans just can't do the same.
VoltySquirrel

by Sn0wGl0be » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I have to agree(I made an account here just to agree too xP), I've only been in their forums for a few months and I havent seen a more stuck up, entitled fanbase than anywhere else. I can understand some of their complaints and some of them are pretty decent and respectable in voicing them, but the rest of them? Holy jumpin' f-ing ****balls.

Idk where to begin, theres that nasty and completely unnecessary attack against that DA2 writer Jenn Hepler which the OP pretty much summed up. The latest book, "Mass Effect: Deception" received TONS of hate even after Bioware said they will release a "fixed" version. Despite how bad ppl think it was anyways the writer poured his heart and soul into it, yet they have no trouble at all tearing down his hard work and demanding a new one.(this one guy even burned the book on youtube). God help you if you disagree with them in the slightest too, you will be bashed, flamed, trolled, and treated like an enemy until you are.

Now these ppl are making petitions, filing complaints, getting some charity on their side, and even going so far as to send death threats to Bioware, JUST so they can have a new ending. Bioware has said they will put a new ending into consideration but no doubt ppl will STILL complain if one does come through. Plus like you said Volty, what ever happened to fan-fic? I havent beat ME3 myself but when something like this happens I dont just go ape**** on the company demanding that they fix every single thing, I simply move on and create my own damn ending.....or have ppl lost the abilty to be creative?

Bioware has always been nice and has always listened to the community, I'm amazed they still put up with this B.S.

Anyways, thanx for the rant. :P
Last edited by Sn0wGl0be on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sn0wGl0be

by dethfield » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 pm

To be fair, that writer Jen Hepler is pretty dumb... she doesnt really belong in a writing position for a video game company, as she openly admits shes doesnt like the games very much. She actually wants game devs to put a function in to skip combat and gameplay sequences so she can get to the cut scenes... how dumb is that?
dethfield
Donator

by Sn0wGl0be » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm

dethfield wrote:To be fair, that writer Jen Hepler is pretty dumb... she doesnt really belong in a writing position for a video game company, as she openly admits shes doesnt like the games very much. She actually wants game devs to put a function in to skip combat and gameplay sequences so she can get to the cut scenes... how dumb is that?

She's a writer, she likes the story better than gameplay, theres nothing dumb about that.

If SHE thinks there should be a skip button to get to the cutscenes that is just her personal preference. I dont agree with it myself but hey again shes the writer, I doubt a "gameplay skip" option will suddenly appear in Bioware's games anytime soon.
Sn0wGl0be

by Phantom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Sn0wGl0be wrote:I havent beat ME3 myself but when something like this happens I dont just go ape****

Ya beat it then come back and tell me you didnt go ape****. I for one sat in my chair for like five minutes staring at my TV, then looked to the side and said...............really.
utterly disappointing.
I havent posted anything about the endings, but I still think they are stupid.
But yes I agree you can go too far in some regards with disagreeing with how bioware handled ME3, and some stuff that people do is just inappropriate.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by dethfield » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Sn0wGl0be wrote:
dethfield wrote:To be fair, that writer Jen Hepler is pretty dumb... she doesnt really belong in a writing position for a video game company, as she openly admits shes doesnt like the games very much. She actually wants game devs to put a function in to skip combat and gameplay sequences so she can get to the cut scenes... how dumb is that?

She's a writer, she likes the story better than gameplay, theres nothing dumb about that.

If SHE thinks there should be a skip button to get to the cutscenes that is just her personal preference. I dont agree with it myself but hey again shes the writer, I doubt a "gameplay skip" option will suddenly appear in Bioware's games anytime soon.

Problem is, shes a very bad writer. Everything she has written is terrible, Bioware really needs to let her go before they sink any further.

And if she just wanted cutscenes, she should just be a film maker or stick to writing crappy manga instead.
dethfield
Donator

by Techercizer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 am

Well since Bioware is now a division of EA, Bioware fans are EA fans, and I sure find something odd about EA fans. I'm not about to insult them just because of their opinions, though.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by Rologton » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Sn0wGl0be wrote:She's a writer, she likes the story better than gameplay, theres nothing dumb about that.

A good writer should work with their team so the geameplay tells the story.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by mrpikmin2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm

lol r/gaming.
mrpikmin2

by Saber » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:15 pm

More like lol /v/.
They're way more hateful.
Saber

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:58 am

/v/ is the dirty asshole of the internet. r/gaming is the clean asshole of the internet.
VoltySquirrel

by Saber » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:30 am

I never said /v/ was good. They're a bunch of angry people.
.../vg/ is somewhat more constructive.
Saber

by BoB Dolen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:Or, how about the fact that they are so entitled that they feel that they deserve a different ending so much that they should petition for a new one, once again attack individual employees for issue they have with the game, accuse Bioware of lying to its fans in order to squeeze money out of them, used charity as a defense of their asshatery, and just recently started filing complaints to the FTC and the BBB?

I'm guessing you never played the series....or listened to anything Bioware has said in the past....or anything of it.

But the FTC thing is dumb and the charity is...good/bad.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Argent » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Techercizer wrote:Well since Bioware is now a division of EA, Bioware fans are EA fans, and I sure find something odd about EA fans. I'm not about to insult them just because of their opinions, though.

I'm gunna go ahead and disagree with this logic, being a fairly hardcore Maxis fan, and simultaneously being generally angry at everything EA does.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 pm

BoB Dolen wrote:
VoltySquirrel wrote:Or, how about the fact that they are so entitled that they feel that they deserve a different ending so much that they should petition for a new one, once again attack individual employees for issue they have with the game, accuse Bioware of lying to its fans in order to squeeze money out of them, used charity as a defense of their asshatery, and just recently started filing complaints to the FTC and the BBB?

I'm guessing you never played the series....or listened to anything Bioware has said in the past....or anything of it.

But the FTC thing is dumb and the charity is...good/bad.

Except I have played the series and have loved every single one. Even own a couple of the books. And, yeah, I know, that one PR guy said once that there would be tons of ending and that they would all be unique. Does anyone really believe everything a PR guy says, in any medium? No. Their job is to sell the game. Look at the Fallout series. PR people for number 3 promised something like 300 possible endings for it and we only ended up with like 6. Sure, the game caught flak for, but they didn't get review bombed or anything.
VoltySquirrel

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Also, remember that whole deal about people whining about a gay male Shepard?
VoltySquirrel

by Thret » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 pm

I never read all three pages of posts and I don't think I entirely understand what the big deal is but, what about this indoctrination theory I've heard about? It seems like a pretty legit thing and the arguments I've heard for it have been, in my opinion, more interesting and compelling than the arguments against. The whole idea of Sheppard going through indoctrination is quite a subtle one and very possible.

But having a little faith in the company that's made a fair number of very good games is too much I suppose. If it isn't directly told to us why should we draw our own conclusions from our own experiences?

Even if it is a fuck-up on Bioware's part for "bad writing", then why can't the company be forgiven considering the quality of games and hours of entertainment they've been providing people for years? Just my two cents.
Thret

by BoB Dolen » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:Except I have played the series and have loved every single one. Even own a couple of the books. And, yeah, I know, that one PR guy said once that there would be tons of ending and that they would all be unique. Does anyone really believe everything a PR guy says, in any medium? No. Their job is to sell the game. Look at the Fallout series. PR people for number 3 promised something like 300 possible endings for it and we only ended up with like 6. Sure, the game caught flak for, but they didn't get review bombed or anything.

So Casey Hudson and Mike Gamble are PR guys now? Or the fact others also hammered said things about choices and shit.

Fallout 3 is not a series and it got 26 ending factors btw, also game got flak for other things also but A) its just one game not part of a 3 game series that is the last B) they didn't promise shit over the same period of time either.

Also, remember that whole deal about people whining about a gay male Shepard?

Yep I know people who had issues with it on both sides the gay and the gay-haters.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator

by BoB Dolen » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Thret wrote:I never read all three pages of posts and I don't think I entirely understand what the big deal is but, what about this indoctrination theory I've heard about? It seems like a pretty legit thing and the arguments I've heard for it have been, in my opinion, more interesting and compelling than the arguments against. The whole idea of Sheppard going through indoctrination is quite a subtle one and very possible.

But having a little faith in the company that's made a fair number of very good games is too much I suppose. If it isn't directly told to us why should we draw our own conclusions from our own experiences?

Even if it is a fuck-up on Bioware's part for "bad writing", then why can't the company be forgiven considering the quality of games and hours of entertainment they've been providing people for years? Just my two cents.

The Indoctrination theory got killed weeks ago based on tons of information that has come out and is a pretty shitty theory also.

I don't give faith to any since its lead to abuses, but anyways they used up many people's faith since before ME3 release.

It is not just the bad writing for me at least, others I can't speak for.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator

Return to Spam Fest