Secret Santa?

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Secret Santa?

by Ackybur » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:13 am

I figure with how we are with each other secret santa could work. I'd like some input from others to gauge interest. I have it figured out so any questions just ask.
Ackybur
Donator

Re: Secret Santa?

by rawkies » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:I figure with how we are with each other secret santa could work. I'd like some input from others to gauge interest. I have it figured out so any questions just ask.

Would it be IRL presents or gifted TF2 items? I'd be down for either really
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Ackybur » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 am

Great question rawkies!

It would be either. If you're not comfortable giving me an address to give to your secret santa then you agree to a steam gift. Just understand steam gifts would probably be jokes like the nancy drew games or farm simulator. I'd be the center of it though. You could trust me with the addresses. As for people who qualify...I'd say any one who joined in october. If you joined later than that I'd suggest steam only. Ill make an official secret santa post when I'm home with a cut off date. All secret santa will be at random. Ill put names in a fedora and draw them out, so no favoritism there. If you jew out on a gift and don't give one to your secret santa you will be cursed with a scarlet Ss in game (like the admin a). So don't sign up if you don't intend to do it.
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 am

What if you Jew out and give the person 8 small gifts that do not add up to the value of a normal single gift?

Anyway, if it's a Steam game then a cost limit is pretty easy to set up. Say spend 10 bucks on a gift or something. It might also be easier to do Steam gifts since shipping things can be kind of annoying.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 am

I'm putting a cap at 15$ because I looked over steam and most things are 14.99. If you spend more well then you're generous. As far as shipping most websites do free shipping, instead of your address put in theirs. The post office has a lot of free shipping if it fits in the box they provide.
Ackybur
Donator

by Failhorse » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 am

I don't know about secret santa, but I am really considering getting the Aperture Labs hoodie from the Steam store. It would be funny as hell. I am a hoodie kid. Ever since the grunge days. I do not own a winter coat. I just add layers. My current one is beat to hell. The only down side of the Steam hoodie. I think it's only 1 layer, I normally get one that has some sort of 2nd layer on the inside. Their stuff is damn expensive though. 45 for a hoodie. Work shirts are way up there.
I'd also get the track jacket for my other half, but I don't think she'd "model" it for the benefit of the community. :D
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Repoman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 pm

I wanna sign up for this.
I joined in October, and Id be willing to send a gift to someone's address or on steam, and I wouldnt mind getting something in the mail here on base.

This is a most excellent idea.
Repoman

by Vivi Hill » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Sounds nice. I missed the Reddit Secret Santa so I figure I might as well do a critsandvich one. Since I'll be all over the place address wise it would probably be best if I go with steam.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Spam Fest