Question here

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Question here

by Ackybur » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

So, I got in my first car accident today. Before you ask yes I'm okay and yes you can see it
http://oi51.tinypic.com/b6sw9j.jpg

My only question is if the wreck is my fault, and it's a rear end about how much does the deductible go up? Is it based off the cost of the accident, or is it just on the amount of accidents you've had in a certain amount of time? Obviously this is my first, so any info or experience you had would help :)

Kay bai.
Ackybur
Donator

Re: Question here

by jameless » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:20 pm

It depends on your policy. It is becoming quite common lately to give accident forgiveness or amnesty in which case the premiums aren't adjusted at all if it's your only accident in X amount of years.
jameless

by Maringue » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 am

Generally you have to have accident forgiveness on your policy.

Here's what they will factor in to any potential rate increase:
Your age and gender. Ackbar, if you're over 21 you're probably cool, if not they may fuck you.
Any tickets you've had for moving violations.
Severity of the accident.
Mitigating circumstances, ie were you doing something dumb like talking on the phone or texting that helped cause the accident.

If this is the first bad thing that's happened to you in you car, the worst they will probably do is raise your deductible but not your rates.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am

Maringue wrote:Generally you have to have accident forgiveness on your policy.

Here's what they will factor in to any potential rate increase:
Your age and gender. Ackbar, if you're over 21 you're probably cool, if not they may fuck you.
Any tickets you've had for moving violations.
Severity of the accident.
Mitigating circumstances, ie were you doing something dumb like talking on the phone or texting that helped cause the accident.

If this is the first bad thing that's happened to you in you car, the worst they will probably do is raise your deductible but not your rates.

Well, I am 21 exactly, so is that the cut off time?
No tickets, my first ticket ever was with the accident
Severity- no one was hurt, and the damage is on my car. The Tahoe had tiny bumps on its bumper (compact cars....)
I was texting, but I told the cop i was putting something in my purse, and tried to break but it wasn't in time. The other lady confirmed my story, so no texting will be put into it thank god. In Utah, getting caught texting while driving has similar outcomes as drinking while driving :/
Ackybur
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:I was texting, but I told the cop i was putting something in my purse, and tried to break but it wasn't in time. The other lady confirmed my story, so no texting will be put into it thank god. In Utah, getting caught texting while driving has similar outcomes as drinking while driving :/

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. Texting and driving is basically as dangerous as drunk driving.
VoltySquirrel

by dieinafire » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Unfortunately, in most states, rear ending is always your fault. That's why they have following distance. As for your premium going up, it depends on your insurance company, how long you've been with them and your record. I was pulled over doing 94 in a 65 on the freeway on Thanksgiving a couple years back. They tried to nail me for reckless driving and speeding. My attorney got me off with just reckless driving and a super small ticket. My insurance never went up, in fact, 6 months later, my insurance went down. I also had been with them for about 6 years and had nothing on my record.

Insurance companies are unpredictable.
dieinafire
Donator

by Plasma Waffle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Of course it's your fault, you're a woman! :lol:
Plasma Waffle

by Divide by NaN » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Hrm, so you lied in order to cheat the system and now you are revealing the truth here. It would be unethical for us to not report this to the authorities.
Divide by NaN

by Ackybur » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:55 pm

:3 what's done is done.
Ackybur
Donator

by Divide by NaN » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:00 pm

lucky for you we're all unethical ;)
Divide by NaN

by Failhorse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Thankfully the accident wasn't worse. Squirrelmstr had a similar incident a while back and totaled a brand new BMW. He was driving a truck tho and doesn't remember the following 48 hours.

You kids need to learn everything doesn't need to be answered immediately. When I started driving we didn't have cell phones. We had pagers :lol:
the only text message we could receive was 80085, for you kids that boobs. And we actually had to remember peoples phone numbers. And carry change around to answer a booty call. Actually now that I think about it Motorola pages had text codes in them, IE type *15 something would show up in words.... Well anyway.

Take my advise. I get in my car. It's the only time of day I can disconnect from the world. My phone goes off, gets thrown in the back seat, and I listen to Mr. Bungle WAY to loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rqXqpLCZ0
Failhorse
Red Admin

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am

When I am driving I might as well be on Jupiter for all intents and purposes related to trying to contact me.
NuclearWatermelon

by Divide by NaN » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 am

If you can text while driving then I can play tf2 while driving! :P
Divide by NaN

by Maringue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:02 am

Fail, remember when, in order to meet up with your friends for booze or some shit, you actually had to make a plan and stick to it? You couldn't change the place you were going to go drinking 15 times in the hour before you got there?

I actually remember that my friends and I had a standard meeting place on Friday nights. No calls, just show up when you're done work and wait until you hit critical drinking mass. Half our friends closed on saturday night, so that was Dave's basement night. Pretty much like the end of the movie Waiting. And yes, the hostess is always a hot little piece of jailbait ass. Always.

But back to your original point, I've seen some really dumb shit people do driving while riding my bike. Here are some highlights:

Caught a dude talking on one cell phone while texting on another, all this while he was making a left turn through a busy intersection.
Almost got run over by a fat black lady because she was busy eating fried chicken with both hands.
Had a lady pass me, then stop, throw it in reverse and try to back over me into the parallel parking space behind me.
Woman almost crushed me into the side of a UPS truck and didn't notice....until I caught up to her and screamed "Put the fucking phone down" into her ear at the next stop light.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 pm

I usually don't text and drive. It's rare, but it just shows that the times you do text it's retarded. I'm stuck with a shitty little rental car (2010 nissan versa uck) and have to wait until monday. Turns out the total cost sits at 3800$ (thank god for full coverage), and the list of repairs are as follows:
Bumper has scratchs
Headlights (each 300$) have scratches
Radiator was torn off its bracks, cracked, and moved back
Something about a bent freeon tube (no A/C)
Obviously a hood
A grill
And 1000$ worth of man power.

It's an expensive lesson to learn, and I honestly will never take driving for granted again. It's a minor accident, and looking back it could have been a lot worse. A kid could have been crossing the road, or maybe I didn't look up in time and went a full 50 in her back end.

:( still sucks because now i have a cold
Ackybur
Donator

by Repoman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Send the mafia in.
Repoman

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Repoman wrote:Send the mafia in.

Given Ackbar's recent issues with torrents and such, don't you mean the mafiaa?
NuclearWatermelon

by FBtheUndeadPenis » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Learn to drive Ackybur :D
FBtheUndeadPenis

by Take That!! » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:56 pm

That person must have been pretty important to text while driving.
Take That!!

by Ackybur » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Take That!! wrote:That person must have been pretty important to text while driving.

You'd think that.
Ackybur
Donator

Return to Spam Fest