This is why the future of multiplayer gaming is going tosuck

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

This is why the future of multiplayer gaming is going tosuck

by Failhorse » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 am

People like this.
http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game ... ion-people

They will be everywhere. Sucking the fun out of everything casual gamers try to do. You already see it in CS. You are starting to see it in TF2, more than ever. And virtually any game that's strategic. Never mind what would be fun. Suck the fun out of it to crush an imaginary goal.

BTW the creators of Sim City said this guy did in fact win the game.

That is all.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: This is why the future of multiplayer gaming is going to

by Maringue » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:56 pm

I like how they said "We did this without cheating." Ummm, starting with a perfectly flat landscape is cheating. Lame. Also, a roadless city is cheating. My friend and I came up with that concept in Sim City 2 and it made the game too easy, along with the grid concept. Unoriginal bastards.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Divide by NaN » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Any sim city old-schooler will recognize all of his tricks. Nothing new there.
Divide by NaN

by dieinafire » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Divide by NaN wrote:Any sim city old-schooler will recognize all of his tricks. Nothing new there.

I loved SimCity2000, and have since downloaded SimCity for my iPhone. Love it. Though, I don't see how I was able to fill a map with 95% arcologies back then, I can barely survive the game right now :lol:
dieinafire
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

VoltySquirrel

by Maringue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:57 am

The ominous Latin names and sinister music in the video don't do anything to convince us he's not the next Borg overlord, either. And then there are his words. When asked about the fact that in his city, the average life of a citizen lasted only 50 years, he stated: "Health of the Sims was not a priority, relative to the main objective."

I noticed this at the end and was like, WTF? Because, let's face it, one of the hardest parts about getting a really big city is that ever growing chunk of the population that is older than the workforce age. When I started that video, I was wondering how he overcame that issue. Apparently by letting all his Sims die at age 55. I'm kind of surprised that he didn't find a way to murder them in the game so that they could be ground into animal feed and sold to neighbors.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest