Vids from the London protests 3-26

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Vids from the London protests 3-26

by Smeemo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:27 am

In case you missed it (I sure didn't hear about it through American establishment media), ~300,000 individuals occupied central London on Saturday to speak out against fascism, criticize government foreign and domestic policy, and give out thousands of free hugs. Here are some vids of the day's happenings!

Charlie Veitch is a particularly outspoken figure in the British movement. Website http://www.cveitch.org/

Interested in civil disobedience or looking for information on how and why private banking interests have subverted several developed countries' governments, including ours? *dodges tomato* Message me!
Smeemo

Re: Vids from the London protests 3-26

by Smeemo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Bumping because I can. Direct your flames to me personally, if you would be so kind!
Smeemo

by Maringue » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 am

I thought they were protesting draconian spending cuts.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Smeemo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 pm

I saw lots of people criticizing domestic policy like the insane public services cuts, as you say. The grassroots anti-fascist anarcho-capitalist groups were definitely out in force, as well.

edit: I can't help but think if these folks got together every Saturday to shut down central London commerce, the gubmint would have to bend to their will.
Smeemo

Return to Spam Fest