Actual news, I know....

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Actual news, I know....

by Maringue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 pm

So I have this theory that I've been testing for a while, and I think this finally proves it. Here it is:

If you use the phrase, "Now, I'm not a racist/bigot, but...." something racist is about to come out of your mouth.

Case and point: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130712737
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: Actual news, I know....

by Failhorse » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Stupid is as stupid does. They lowered the bar some much in the media. People think they can say whatever the hell they want. Then they do, and some moderately serious news organizations fire them. Go figure.

When you see someone at a rally with a sign that says "by a ballot, or by a gun" you know there are problems.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by VoltySquirrel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 pm

This entire system is screwed right now. We got one side that's too lazy to get anything done, and another side that refuses to work with the other in any way possible on even popular bills. The only good people in the senate, moderates, and condemned for even think about having their own view instead of the parties by actally being bipartisan. Then theirs all this recent islamiphobia and homophobia that to me is just plain wrong. The only other "systems" that I can think of that are just as worse off is the medical and school systems.

Wow, I took a tangent there didn't I?
Last edited by VoltySquirrel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
VoltySquirrel

by Failhorse » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:36 am

I wanted to throw a better perspective on this.
OK lets looks at what he said. When he gets on a plane with people dressed in arab garb he gets nervous.

That's what got him fired.
Akin to pretty much saying he can't walk into a 7-11 because the Hindu behind the counter can also look arab. And he might blow up his own store.

Don't get me wrong the way he was fired was completely wrong. But this dude has been screwing up for the better part of 10 years and getting away with it. How was he screwing it up Jeff? Well let me tell you. First off his job is to be a news analyst. NPR does have commentators, but when it comes to news, they are not like Fox News. It's the real news. NPR has a code of conduct. This essentially says if you are a news analyst, you keep your trap shut on personal opinion. He was repeatedly warned for 10 years to do just that. And then to go on Fox News and help stir up more hate. Well we knew were that was going to go anyway.

Either way he's going to sue NPR and get a lot of money. Based on how he was fired, probably justified. He'll probably go on to be a commentator at Fox and make a bunch of cash there too.

But being afraid of people dressed as Muslims is completely stupid. Why Jeff? Well the 9/11 attackers were dressed in business suits. I don't see anyone freaking out over brown people in suits on planes.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Divide by NaN » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:31 am

Failhorse wrote:the 9/11 attackers were dressed in business suits.

That's the ultimate irony in all this, and exposes the bigotry of Mr. Williams.
Divide by NaN

by Maringue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:07 pm

So Fox News tossed this asshole 2 million dollars a year to work for them. And they can't stop sucking his cock on their show. Fuck, ever single host on Fox has devoted a whole fucking show to how wrong NPR was to fire him.

And just in case you were wondering, I know how to fix the clusterfuck that is current politics. Say fuck you to primary elections. That's right, we are the only democracy that has stupid ass primary elections which allow the craziest of the fucking crazies to pick the candidates for the national elections. So when people wonder why we have racebaiting, fearmongering shitbags in elected office, just look to the people we let pick our candidates. After these fucktards are done with the primaries, we are left with a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

My plan: No fucking primaries. You get enough signatures and you are on the ballot. If no one gets 50% of the vote, then have a run off between the top two vote receivers. End of fucking story.

Edit: This would also make it so I didn't have to deal with assholes trying to get elected for president TWO FUCKING YEARS BEFORE THE ELECTION. The elections in England take about 6 weeks from start to finish, then they go back to fucking work.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Spam Fest