Now in Korea

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Now in Korea

by Maringue » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 am

I was flipping channels and found a station that has live broadcast of a professional StarCraft match. Apparently there is a whole league here and they make a lot of money. The announcers were freaking intense towards the end of the match.

Oh, and getting drunk here is super cheap. A 3 liter pitcher of beer (normal US pitchers are 2 L) costs about 8 bucks. A bottle of Soju (google it) costs something like $2 or $2.50. The tab of 4 people getting hammered plus a bunch of snack food came to about 65 bucks. Such a nice change from Singapore where a pint was $10 when you found it for cheap.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: Now in Korea

by Toaster » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:41 am

OSL (brood war) (and other BW leagues)
and
GSL (Starcraft 2)

are both televised in korea, thought it was a pay-per-view type thing though
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Failhorse » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am

Dood, send me some soju :geek:
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Maringue » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:18 am

I'm definitely bringing Soju back home, but you have to come visit me to have some.

Oh, and just checked the converted amount for my dentist bill (they are way cheaper in Korea). it turned out to be 1337 dollars.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by HibiscusKazeneko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Failhorse wrote:Dood, send me some soju :geek:

You can probably get some at an import store. They have them all over the place where I live.

Maringue wrote:I'm definitely bringing Soju back home, but you have to come visit me to have some.

Good luck with that; I can guarantee that Customs won't let you bring it in by yourself.
I'd suggest that you should have some shipped to your house, but apparently you can't ship alcohol internationally unless you're a business, so I guess you're out of luck.

P.S. you misspelled "meringue."
HibiscusKazeneko

Return to Spam Fest