why we chose our names

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

why we chose our names

by duck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:05 pm

let's make a thread about why we have the names we have. I'm unicornpoop because I wanted a name that has something doing something you wouldnt expect it doing. (like violintears or something)
duck

Re: why we chose our names

by Dèx » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm

i toke it cuz it was mah name in WoW
‹Failhorse› you guys are fucking boring.
How to get a girl
This works. Walk up to a girl and shake her hand. Complement her boobs, tell her she has a nice smile. Tell her your children with her will be beautiful. Complement her boobs again.
- Guy
Dèx

by KillerProtist » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I wanted an original name.

To this day, all my days playing Xbox Live (13 year-olds who haven't taken Biology to be fair), I've never seen another username or Gamertag pertaining to Protists.
KillerProtist

by duck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:34 pm

which protist are you? I prefer kelp
duck

by KillerProtist » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Trypanosoma Bruceis (sp?) are pretty badass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypanosoma_brucei
KillerProtist

by Amplify » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Back in ragnarok days I used to call myself Snowball then I picked named depending of class skills and usefulness.

ex: my merchant/blacksmith was called Merchant Shop

Has for Amplify, one of the numerous High Wizzard skill is Amplify Magic Power. Just called my High Wizzard Amplify and stick with it when I moved to other games.
Last edited by Amplify on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Toaster » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 pm

My alias History.

Ants: (first online game i ever played): antslol
Infentry: eagleeye (very cheesy but cool when you're ~12)
cs 1.5: entered my first game as player and was told to change my name or I would be kicked, changed name to lemonlimeplayer...
SC:BW: crimson gaurd (yes it was spelled wrong) it was my favorite race in battle tanks 64 lol
Diablo 2: Negromaster (played as necromancer, it was innocent, I was young and found it hysterical)
cs 1.6: Popcorn_playa (a line from How High that I found funny at the time)
WC3: Genis
cs:s 514_Bad, Dinozgorawr
WoW: Junkz Rippz Massimo
TF2 -> now: Toaster

this thread made me Nostalgia pretty hard lol

I'm pretty sure the order is chronological...
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by tehs4ndman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 pm

my name i got years and years ago when i saw the rugrats episode where they go to the beach to save the seamonkeys and angelica pretends to be attacked by the sandman! it wasnt pretend, he is REAL!

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

by duck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:40 pm

tehs4ndman wrote:my name i got years and years ago when i saw the rugrats episode where they go to the beach to save the seamonkeys and angelica pretends to be attacked by the sandman! it wasnt pretend, he is REAL!

I thought your name was for the weapon. then again my name is an item on deathspank (they stole mah name)
duck

by MournfulOdin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

I just got my name years ago when I was pretty much into Mythology. And it still sounds fine so I just stick with it. :ugeek:
MournfulOdin
Donator

by Patrid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm a putrid being and I'm full of hatred
putrid+hatred=Patrid
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by HibiscusKazeneko » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:56 pm

unicornpoop wrote:which protist are you? I prefer kelp

Mmm, kelp.

My name is from an old fursona; I was a closet furry for a long time. Since I couldn't think of a better online handle, the name stuck.
HibiscusKazeneko

by Failhorse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Only I failed.
More related to the book than the Bible....

It's the only avatar I have ever gone by. Unless you count the tagless behold_aFailHorse. But that doesn't fit in steam.
Though I did go by TheTainT in America's Army 1.6 to piss of the ofGod clan. Those were different times.
Don't even think half of you were born yet.

Oddly I'm referred to as Jetless in real life. No one likes my real name. That's a whole other story though. Involved large amounts of cocaine and getting banned from my old companies jet. :roll:
Failhorse
Red Admin

by LegendarySurgeon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

My steam id is lordyamamoto which I used in SC2 and WC3 and SC:BW and Runescape and ROSE and Xanga any number of stupid things. I thought of it back in middle school I guess and was too lazy to think of a new login until miyamamo recently.

A couple months back on TF2 I toyed around with Dwarf Fortress style names for each class, going from ☺ Legendary Surgeon as medic to ☺ Dabbling Conversationalist as heavy and ☺ Adequate Marksman as sniper. In the end I like ☺ Legendary Surgeon for medic but none of the other class names really stuck. I used ☺ Dabbling Conversationalist periodically because I liked the name. Since applying to admin at CSn I've stuck with ☺ Legendary Surgeon to avoid confusion will continue to use it since I main medic.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Mike808 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:07 pm

my name as been Mike from the beginning because obviously my irl name Michael. different clan tags and the 808 come and go
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Maringue » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm

I've only ever been Maringue. It was actually my old AIM account name. When I was setting up the account, everything I tried was already taken. So after 8 or 10 tries (since you had to go through the whole registration process each time) I was getting pretty punch. That and it was 3:30 am and I was drinking. So I got frustrated and shouted out, "I shall be called Maringue, the forbidden dance!" I typed it in and BAM, it was accepted.

I've almost never worn a tag, except for here. Back in my CS:S admining days, I was the undercover admin who's job it was to ban all dipshits who thought they could fuck around when they thought there were no admins in the server.

At times I would mess around with some tags when people asked me if I was in a clan, then I was one of the following:
[lemon] Maringue
[cherry] Maringue
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Admiral Ackbar because I loved his head
Ackybur
Donator

by Sirnak » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Admiral Ackbar because I loved his head

You, girl, are awesome. :D I like to know where all your names come from. It's quite entertaining. :3 Mine comes from Megaman ZX Advent, from the character Siarnaq. Image

If my nickname is Sirnak and not Siarnaq, it's because the first time I wrote it down I misspelled it and didn't bother correcting it and kept it that way for some time now.

Btw, my avatar is another Megaman character. Data the monkey from Megaman Legends. :3
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by duck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Admiral Ackbar because I loved his head

since i am a teenager i must laugh because it sounds sexual
duck

by Enigma » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 pm

I wanted a mysterious name. So I used a thesaurus.
Enigma

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm very rare to find. (and Super Meat Boy is my favorite indie game)
Nikki Wolf

by Toaster » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Enigma wrote:I wanted a mysterious name. So I used a thesaurus.

La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by NuclearWatermelon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 pm

I LUA'd a nuclear explosion to a watermelon prop in Gmod.

The end.
NuclearWatermelon

by Vivi Hill » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Nice, Nuke.

My username gavintlgold is very boring and obvious (TL are my other initials and the gold relates to my dad's username--yeah I was that uninspired at the time). puttabutta, my youtube username (among other things), comes from this extremely odd inside joke I used to have with a buddy in 8th grade, we had this phrase "You're a little Putta Butta" which was supposed to be a diss somehow (and no, "Putta" does not relate to the Romantic language word in any way, at the time my friend and I had no idea its meaning). I went to a Waldorf school, so I and my Lower School/High School friends were quite strange folk at times.

Anyway the name Benny Hill comes from when I heard Yackety Sax during a round of Dustbowl. It was an amazing, unrivaled experience that I shall never forget. :3
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Termz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:23 am

When i used to play cs1.6 with friends ( like over 9000 years ago ), my nickname was terminatio ( yeah i know sounds horrible ), then one day i realised its utter crap and make this awesome name, still keeping my ''term''ism.
Mike808 wrote:I get "Error reading file" every time i try and start the game.

tehs4ndman wrote:check ur printer cables
Termz

by likeaboss47 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 am

because it is the name of one of my favorite songs of all time, but now i changes it to just boss
likeaboss47

by Jake » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:10 am

I've used JustJake for years but with the recent decline in the average intelligence of online game players I decided to shorted it to Jake so it wouldn't confuse people.
"every fucking post on the god damn site" -Ghandi
Jake

by rawkies » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 am

My old username, Kaz00, was taken when I tried to sign up for something else, so I scrambled for an alternative and found "rawk." Then I just switched it up because I tried to sign up for something else with that name and it was taken :(
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by duck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 pm

if you guys care here are all of my past names

(mw2, my first steam game ever)
LibrarianKiller apr-july 2010
DontMiss :D july-august 2010
Beast Man August-september 2010
UnicornPoop (changed to during my last days of mw2) i then got tf2 because i was addicted to mw2 with over 700 hours
other stupid names ive had
JustNarwhals
The Entire Population of Alaska
Dylan the Dead Cat
duck

by Echoplex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Lord Big Bear, Esq.:

Honest Bender's Orphanarium is a joke from one of my favorite Futurama episodes

And the Echoplex is an old tape delay effect but I got the inspiration from the title of a Nine Inch Nails song on The Slip

I was also Envy back when I played on FreeFrag. I've gone by Nv for years in an old MMORTS I used to play (Nv was a defunct clan tag) and I lengthened it out to Envy

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by HibiscusKazeneko » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Mike808 wrote:my name as been Mike from the beginning because obviously my irl name Michael. different clan tags and the 808 come and go

Also 808 is the statewide area code for Hawaii, in case you didn't know already.
HibiscusKazeneko

by GoDM1N » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 pm

I wanted to punch this guy in the face

Tbh I don't really like the name GoDM1N, but I've been using it for awhile and its what people have known me as in FPS games over the years. I also use Istaf in MMOs which as a random name.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Smeemo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 am

My irl nickname is Smitty, and in a moment of reefer-induced inspiration while being fueled by a desire to get through the xbox live registration as fast as possible, I came up with "Smeemo." I've stuck with the name since trading in the console for a gaming PC, though for a time I was Level 17[?] Half-Orc Cleric, and for another time, Galaxy Man! On tf2lobby, I go incognito as Zbigniew Brzezinski. Back in the ol' TFC days when I was but a wee lad discovering the joys of w+m1 pyro, I was known as psychoWALRUS.
Smeemo

by Dr_Dragon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:29 am

CS 1.5-1.6,DOD: Black Ops, Mr.657
CS:S, TF2, DOD:S: Dr.Dragon

Dr.Dragon--> When I grow up, I want to be a doctor + my high school's mascot is a Dragon
Black Ops---> Friend's name was Spec. Ops, so I put Black Ops
Mr.657--> My first name when I was introduced to computer gaming, I had to think of a name real quick, so I came up with this.
So [insert name here], how was your day?
Dr_Dragon

by Mike808 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:05 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
Mike808 wrote:my name as been Mike from the beginning because obviously my irl name Michael. different clan tags and the 808 come and go

Also 808 is the statewide area code for Hawaii, in case you didn't know already.

i know that silly :p
but i meant that Mike has remained constant but i add and remove things from there
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by SirFoxey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Well, mine was originally gmanknowsitall, didnt like it, changed to the legendary Gman.at that time i thought Gman was the best depsite hating half life. Eventually i became a furry and was kicked off the server i played on due to a misunderstanding between me leaving for medical reasons mistaken for leaving for another server for admin around july of 2010. Eventually i changed it to sir foxey in the critsandvich funbox while medieval was on and became popular under that name; then i changed it to Arte Darkwulfe once i started writing short stories under such names.

I have a very long name history and a very dirty history at that. i'd rather start anew and show people that i care and im a good person. and work on my communication skills.

I also know mangachu, now Hard Ass Mangachu and n^bd Mars also were banned from this server that i came from and play on a common basis here too.

I blame my hardrive
SirFoxey

Return to Spam Fest