Ask Chef Cholent all your cooking and Israel conondrums

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Ask Chef Cholent all your cooking and Israel conondrums

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 am

In lieu of the Volty Squirrel and unicorn success, I wish to add my helpful new topic.

feel free to ask me any cooking, Jewish or Israel related questions.

inb4jewgoldskthxbai

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

Re: Ask Chef Cholent all your cooking and Israel conondrums

by Konfy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 am

are jews still mad at germans? xD
Konfy

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 am

^somewhat. I think they have every right to

Vintage Cholent

by Konfy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 am

I don't think that they have the right to be mad at the newer generations, no offense. :>
Konfy

by Maringue » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 am

I submit that I'm a better cook than you, so I will challenge your cooking question answerer mantle.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Failhorse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:53 am

Have all the Jews told the Egyptians if they screw up the pyramids, you won't help rebuild them?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Toaster » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 pm

1) (isn't a question) I can cook better than you and maringue
2) will the jews ever stop their QQ?
3(also not a question) OP cant inb4
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 pm

1. Jews arent exactly angry at newer generations, however they avoid germans
2. Toaster, during the summers I compete in cook offs against some Chefs who have been on the food network channel. So, if you wish to challenge me bring your A+ game
3. Egyptians will have to figure out how we made them pyramids first

Vintage Cholent

by duck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 pm

can unicorns kill Jews without being racist
duck

by Toaster » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Vintage Cholent wrote:1. Jews arent exactly angry at newer generations, however they avoid germans
2. Toaster, during the summers I compete in cook offs against some Chefs who have been on the food network channel. So, if you wish to challenge me bring your A+ game
3. Egyptians will have to figure out how we made them pyramids first

Thats an exquisite tale but I'm Italian, making me genetically superior in every way.

Also, "during the summers I compete in cook offs against some Chefs who have been on the food network channel. So, if you wish to challenge me bring your A+ game" doesn't say anything about your culinary skill. For all I know you could be washing celery for someones broth... Not that FN chefs are more than faces in magazines or on TV that are way over glorified. Of course there are some great chefs on FN ie: Paula Deen, Bobby Flay, Mario Batali ect.

Thats pretty cool though
Toaster

by Failhorse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:01 pm

I use to be a manager of store openings for Denny's and one of the head "chef" trainers in the company. Yes Denny's has chefs....
I bet i can make a moons of my hammy better than any of you.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Toaster, being Italian doesn't really mean much in the cooking world (mainly because Italian food is so commonly over glorified in the media and quite easy to cook if you are familiar with different types of meats and cheeses. I keep kosher so making Italian food kosher is actually harder than making regular Italian food.)
Second of all, there are a lot of good Chefs who arent on the food network channel (cruise ship chefs, hotel chefs etc.) so it doesnt really matter as long as it is not a sous chef.

Failhorse, one of my cooking mentors worked for 10+ years in a Denny's, i know exactly what you are talking about.

Vintage Cholent

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Vintage Cholent wrote:(mainly because Italian food is so commonly over glorified in the media and quite easy to cook if you are familiar with different types of meats and cheeses. I keep kosher so making Italian food kosher is actually harder than making regular Italian food.)
At risk of sounding like the backwards southerner that I am, I can only conclude that "thems fightin words son".
NuclearWatermelon

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:At risk of sounding like the backwards southerner that I am, I can only conclude that "thems fightin words son".

Nuke,

I have a lot of respect for Toaster and his cooking abilities in fact I don't mean to sound condesending at all. However, (without sounding like an elitist prick or a fightin son') making food kosher takes cooking to a whole new level.

Vintage Cholent

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Well you sound high and mighty to me. But that's all well and fine, I could not cook to save my life.
NuclearWatermelon

by Toaster » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:45 pm

(-_-") the Italian bit was a joke

I've never cooked kosher anything but I'm pretty sure the only difference is in the preparation, beyond that is subjective tastes. Not sure how it makes it harder, just less authentic.

"Second of all, there are a lot of good Chefs who arent on the food network channel (cruise ship chefs, hotel chefs etc.) so it doesnt really matter as long as it is not a sous chef."

Are you just agreeing with me??
Toaster

by Toaster » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Vintage Cholent wrote:
NuclearWatermelon wrote:At risk of sounding like the backwards southerner that I am, I can only conclude that "thems fightin words son".

Nuke,

I have a lot of respect for Toaster and his cooking abilities in fact I don't mean to sound condesending at all. However, (without sounding like an elitist prick or a fightin son') making food kosher takes cooking to a whole new level.

Ditto :)

People always sound like assholes on the Internet... or just writing in general can be miss leading. I know I'm almost always joking or sarcastic and people constantly take it as me being a dick.
Toaster

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 pm

cooking kosher means no milk and meat together so yes the preparation and end product are both different and less authentic.

I agree with you on the chef-sous chef dealio.

I tend to sound immature/annoying online but in reality (and rising pheonix can vouch for this) I am a none annoying, trusworthy, and reliable Jewish friend to have. In addition to cooking, I also find good deals sites for friends (whiskeymilitia, dogfunk etc.)

Vintage Cholent

by Failhorse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

How is food authentic when it's cooked by someone of (insert cultural heritage) decent. That's like saying Taco Bell is authentic mexican food cause the dude behind the counter couldn't find work in front of the Home Depot.
Honestly Toaster the only thing authentic about Canadian cooking is cutting ham too thick. I MEAN BACON.

(yes i went there.)

Also, the Kosher thing bugs me. According to the bible, you'll go to hell first for wearing a poly/cotton fabric.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Toaster » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Failhorse wrote:How is food authentic when it's cooked by someone of (insert cultural heritage) decent. That's like saying Taco Bell is authentic mexican food cause the dude behind the counter couldn't find work in front of the Home Depot.
Honestly Toaster the only thing authentic about Canadian cooking is cutting ham too thick. I MEAN BACON.

(yes i went there.)

Also, the Kosher thing bugs me. According to the bible, you'll go to hell first for wearing a poly/cotton fabric.

The preparation and ingredients (where ingredients are grown) are all factors in authenticity, taking away from or modifying changes the recipe entirely.

I never said you had to be Italian to make authentic Italian food =S but any old Italian would agree that it plays a big roll lol. You're right though, unlike my parents I was born in in Canada, low blow fail >.>
Toaster

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Failhorse wrote:

^nothing to do with eating kosher food, but that is only partially correct. Jewish people arent supposed to wear anything that combines wool and linen.

Fail, look on the bright side; Jewish people have a holiday (called purim) that is kind of like halloween combined with thanksgiving and st. patty's day. Even if you don't drink it is still a really awesome holiday with a lot of the "they-tried-to-kill-us-we-survived-lets-eat" meals.

SIDE NOTE: Purim is one of the big Jewish drinking holidays when each Jewish male is commanded to drink until he cannot tell the difference between Haman (evil dude with pointy hat) and Mordecai (righteous dude with epic beard)

Vintage Cholent

by Failhorse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Vintage Cholent wrote:^nothing to do with eating kosher food, but that is only partially correct. Jewish people arent supposed to wear anything that combines wool and linen.

That all depends on how you actually interpret the old Testament. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts. If you want to interpret it for face value... Do not wear any mixed fabrics. Modern interpretation has changed this... You're going to hell my son...

This has been Failhorse's weekly bible lesson.

Next week we'll talk about how child jesus terrorized/tortured/killed other children. And how these stories were left out of the bible.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Konfy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Failhorse wrote:That all depends on how you actually interpret the old Testament. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts. If you want to interpret it for face value... Do not wear any mixed fabrics. Modern interpretation has changed this... You're going to hell my son...

you're 100 percent sure that the translation matches perfectly with the original meaning? :>
Konfy

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Failhorse wrote:
Vintage Cholent wrote:^nothing to do with eating kosher food, but that is only partially correct. Jewish people arent supposed to wear anything that combines wool and linen.

That all depends on how you actually interpret the old Testament. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts. If you want to interpret it for face value... Do not wear any mixed fabrics. Modern interpretation has changed this... You're going to hell my son...

This has been Failhorse's weekly bible lesson.

Next week we'll talk about how child jesus terrorized/tortured/killed other children. And how these stories were left out of the bible.

Thanks for bible lesson honorable FailedWhores (now I am definitely going to hell, used whores and bible in the same sentence) but according to the Ashkenazi tradition that text is interpreted as wool and linen.

Vintage Cholent

by VoltySquirrel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 am

How long before Jesus comes back and saves Israel from destruction from everybody surrounding them?
VoltySquirrel

by Vintage Cholent » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:How long before Jesus comes back and saves Israel from destruction from everybody surrounding them?

eternity, keep waiting

Vintage Cholent

by Maringue » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Purim is such a great holiday. Here is my buddy's best story about Purim.

My buddy and his also Jewish friend were on a 35 hour train ride in China (the friend spoke fluent Chinese) which happened to be on Purim. They had planned on drinking and smoking hash for the whole trip, so they taught the other Chinese guys sitting in the car with them about the story of Purim. It involves sharing booze with everyone, so they were all for it. They started about hour 2.

Hour 4: group has depleted the booze supply of the two Jews. 4 Chinese guys hop of the train at a stop and buy a shit ton of beer and Chinese vodka/engine cleaner.

Hour 6: At this point they've got most of the people in the train car Booing every time my friend shouts "HAMAN!"

Hour 7: first Chinese guy goes down, passed out.

Hour 11: Rest of group can still tell the difference between Haman and Mordecai, but most of the train is sleeping so they call a break.

Hour 17: Sunrise. "Haman!" 5 Chinese guys + 2 Jews "BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Drinking continues.

Hour 22: two locals down, remaining locals stop again for more paint thinner Chinese moonshine.

Hour 24: Hash smoking starts in earnest. One local asked about the "cigarette" so my friend gives him a couple drags thinking he's going to be on the train for 10 more hours so it'll be cool.

Hour 24 +5 min: Local, high as a kite, gets off at his stop to greet his family.

Hour 30: my friend clings to consciousness. Empty bottles litter the area in the train. His shirt is open and he and the area around him are covered in chicken foot remains.

Hour 35: my friends pull it together and stagger towards the exit at their stop. Before leaving, my friend turns and yells "Haman!" Only 1 of the locals could muster a "booo". Mission accomplished.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Maringue wrote:Purim is such a great holiday. Here is my buddy's best story about Purim.

My buddy and his also Jewish friend were on a 35 hour train ride in China (the friend spoke fluent Chinese) which happened to be on Purim. They had planned on drinking and smoking hash for the whole trip, so they taught the other Chinese guys sitting in the car with them about the story of Purim. It involves sharing booze with everyone, so they were all for it. They started about hour 2.

Hour 4: group has depleted the booze supply of the two Jews. 4 Chinese guys hop of the train at a stop and buy a shit ton of beer and Chinese vodka/engine cleaner.

Hour 6: At this point they've got most of the people in the train car Booing every time my friend shouts "HAMAN!"

Hour 7: first Chinese guy goes down, passed out.

Hour 11: Rest of group can still tell the difference between Haman and Mordecai, but most of the train is sleeping so they call a break.

Hour 17: Sunrise. "Haman!" 5 Chinese guys + 2 Jews "BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Drinking continues.

Hour 22: two locals down, remaining locals stop again for more paint thinner Chinese moonshine.

Hour 24: Hash smoking starts in earnest. One local asked about the "cigarette" so my friend gives him a couple drags thinking he's going to be on the train for 10 more hours so it'll be cool.

Hour 24 +5 min: Local, high as a kite, gets off at his stop to greet his family.

Hour 30: my friend clings to consciousness. Empty bottles litter the area in the train. His shirt is open and he and the area around him are covered in chicken foot remains.

Hour 35: my friends pull it together and stagger towards the exit at their stop. Before leaving, my friend turns and yells "Haman!" Only 1 of the locals could muster a "booo". Mission accomplished.

MARINGUE, this is awesome!!!!

Vintage Cholent

by Vintage Cholent » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Judaism has a lot more to it than just cooking and drinking.

We also do a lot of praying.

Vintage Cholent

by Failhorse » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:15 am

To answer your end of days question. I feel Eman Laerton can do a better job than me.
watch:

and

Slander.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:38 am

Fail,

the new testament has nothing to do with the Jewish beliefs of the end of days

Vintage Cholent

by Failhorse » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 pm

I know, but that dude is really funny. And it was the only comedic thing i could think of at the moment.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 pm

END OF DAYS =SERIOUS BUSINESS

see a movie called 4 lions for further details

btw those vids were quite funny

Vintage Cholent

Return to Spam Fest