A message about VR and Kickstarter

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

A message about VR and Kickstarter

by Failhorse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Suckers

-Oculus

Edit
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: A message about VR and Kickstarter

by Balubish » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Yeah just read about it too, I got mixed feelings about Oculus now. I was really looking forward to buy it and use it. And now Im scared of all social crap the "probably" will implement to even start a game.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Ron Swansons Stache » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Why's everyone freaking out about this? Facebook doesn't really dabble too much into their investments. Instagram is the perfect example, I don't think a single thing has changed since they were purchased by The Zuck.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:Why's everyone freaking out about this? Facebook doesn't really dabble too much into their investments. Instagram is the perfect example, I don't think a single thing has changed since they were purchased by The Zuck.

Ron, too start this game, plz log in your mustache with your facebook account to start the game in VR. <-- this is what Im worried about.

Balubish
Donator

by Ron Swansons Stache » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Balubish wrote:
Ron Swansons Stache wrote:Why's everyone freaking out about this? Facebook doesn't really dabble too much into their investments. Instagram is the perfect example, I don't think a single thing has changed since they were purchased by The Zuck.

Ron, too start this game, plz log in your mustache with your facebook account to start the game in VR. <-- this is what Im worried about.

But what would make you think that's likely? Like I said, they haven't done that with other products they've purchased. Most Facebook login integration is from creators rather than Facebook themselves. E.G. It's more often the Oculus Rift people that are asking you to log in through Facebook than any Facebook owned applications.
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Ron Swansons Stache wrote:
Balubish wrote:

But what would make you think that's likely? Like I said, they haven't done that with other products they've purchased. Most Facebook login integration is from creators rather than Facebook themselves. E.G. It's more often the Oculus Rift people that are asking you to log in through Facebook than any Facebook owned applications.

Hope your right Ron :)

Balubish
Donator

by Someone Special » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Hm, this is worrisome indeed. I dislike that Facebook was able to buy this. As Balubish said, there is always the chance that Facebook could integrate itself into the VR system, forcing a log-in. For private users such as myself without any sort of social media, this is quite a scare. I don't want to make a Facebook to play a game in VR. I guess I just hope Facebook doesn't do that.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Failhorse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:39 am

My opinion is different. You have 2 tech giants that pretty much buy up any little thing that is interesting. Luckily Oculus didn't go to google. Imagine if it did. The wonderful idea's testicles get cut off after a year or two. The sad state of the tech industry. 2 guys with way too much money and no ideas. Buying up absolutely anything that could be the start of something that would eventually compete and replace them. No new ideas = North Korea. lol.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Balubish » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:36 am

Failhorse wrote:My opinion is different. You have 2 tech giants that pretty much buy up any little thing that is interesting. Luckily Oculus didn't go to google. Imagine if it did. The wonderful idea's testicles get cut off after a year or two. The sad state of the tech industry. 2 guys with way too much money and no ideas. Buying up absolutely anything that could be the start of something that would eventually compete and replace them. No new ideas = North Korea. lol.

Well hopefully they just put money in the oculus company and not implementing shit into it. Let it be a gaming accessory, then Im fine with it. And not sure if either facebook or google should be called tech giants, they came from software development and got rich on it and bought tech companies. Biiiig difference in my opinion. But im sure it will go well... :? And why would google be worse than facebook, same shit different name. "software companies"

Balubish
Donator

by Ron Swansons Stache » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Someone Special wrote:Hm, this is worrisome indeed. I dislike that Facebook was able to buy this. As Balubish said, there is always the chance that Facebook could integrate itself into the VR system, forcing a log-in. For private users such as myself without any sort of social media, this is quite a scare. I don't want to make a Facebook to play a game in VR. I guess I just hope Facebook doesn't do that.

Why would they chop their market like that? Facebook has interests beyond social media.
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 am

Balubish
Donator

Return to News