Critsandvich Podcast #1

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

Critsandvich Podcast #1

by DaBeeZy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 pm

We recorded our first podcast! We were able to record so much great audio, that we decided to split it into two parts. The first part which is posted below is what we call the After-Party. This was recorded after all our interview with Failhorse and other news. Its pretty much the craziest and hilarious thing you haven't heard yet! Check back tomorrow for Part 2 and our interview with Failhorse!

Here's are links if you want to download
Part 1:
http://critsandvichnetwork.podomatic.co ... 0_13-08_00

Part 2:
http://critsandvichnetwork.podomatic.co ... 4_33-08_00
Last edited by DaBeeZy on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaBeeZy
Donator
I runied Westbox 1...sorry

Re: Critsandvich Podcast #1

by Chocolate Love God » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 am

Part 2

Our interview with Failhorse, while it's not very funny, it's very informative.

So, now for a bit of a look back:
Questions:
Does the format of one funny one and one informative one work?
How was the speaking order, how clear were were and were we loud enough?
Was there too much dead space (silent pauses)?
How was the intro?
Do we need an outro?

Observations:
It seems keeping the interview small and having more people on for our highlight reel seems to work better.
Although we improved upon audio we still have plenty of work to do on perfecting it.

Some community input would be appreciated.
Chocolate Love God
Donator
Dont be open minded your brains will fall out

by Failhorse » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Do you want this moved to news?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by DaBeeZy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 pm

If you feel thats appropriate, that would be great! Maybe it can receive more response there. We would love any kind of feedback, positive or negative, from anyone. Please!

Also, here is an outline of how we think the podcast format should be. Naturally, a podcast that is less formatted and more natural can be better, but only if done right. I think we could do good if we just a little bit of structure and I wanted to open this up to the community to comment on this format I've written up. You won't be able to make changes, but please make any suggestion that comes into your head. We will consider any opinion, even if it suggests getting rid of somethings or adding something completely different.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qbH ... n_US&pli=1

Feedback is important to us because you are the ones who listen, so we need to know what you like or dislike. EVERY OPINION MATTERS
DaBeeZy
Donator

by cloud » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 pm

just listened to both of them. very entertaining and informitive. also dabeezy, why didn't you go downstairs -.-
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by Hauptmann_Hotpants(: » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:12 am

Dude...this is the first time I hear the podcast with me in it...and it was still fucking awesome! :D

So ARE you gonna play teh pony game? :D
Im down for it. LOL :3

And this is the first time I hear my own voice after my balls dropped. LAWLZZ!! XD
"Heyoooo"

Bleep Bloop!
Blarrrg :3
Hauptmann_Hotpants(:

by Ackybur » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:11 am

Hauptmann_Hotpants(: wrote:
And this is the first time I hear my own voice after my balls dropped. LAWLZZ!! XD

Ew...
Ackybur
Donator

by doppelganger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Ackybur wrote:
Hauptmann_Hotpants(: wrote:

Ew...

^

The first part there was no introduction... of the podcast, of the people, of anything... you just jumped into about you, which seems weird because is the podcast about you or tf2 or csn? Perhaps it's because I don't really play with or know you guys. Also, it seems rather racial for a community that refuses to even acknowledge races (online we're all red and blu). It seems that you flipped 1 and 2 tbh. I also don't expect you all to have $500 mics, but try to all talk at the same level, I spend the whole time turning my speakers up and down. Sorry if this came across harsh, I just critique things and I want you to be successful.
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

by Chocolate Love God » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:07 pm

doppelganger wrote:The first part there was no introduction... of the podcast, of the people, of anything... you just jumped into about you, which seems weird because is the podcast about you or tf2 or csn? Perhaps it's because I don't really play with or know you guys. Also, it seems rather racial for a community that refuses to even acknowledge races (online we're all red and blu). It seems that you flipped 1 and 2 tbh. I also don't expect you all to have $500 mics, but try to all talk at the same level, I spend the whole time turning my speakers up and down. Sorry if this came across harsh, I just critique things and I want you to be successful.

Alright, well, I'll explain a few things.

Part 1 was recorded after part 2. It was uploaded first because I finished editing the shorter recording first, and I wasn't sure when I'd have time to get around to the interview. There was no introduction because we started recording mid conversation. It was in all definitions, an afterthought. So yes, they are in reverse. I had enough time to finish one part of it, and I wasn't sure when I could finish the other, so it was a victim of circumstance.

The purpose of the podcast is really just to be enjoyable and community driven. It's about anything the people want to know about, discuss or hear... and we'll try to add some humor in. We have somewhat of a format, where it goes Introductions - CSN news - TF2 news - IRL news- Off topic. With an interview fitted probably in the introductions area. But it's really just whatever flows better. In our test runs we find out that the more formulated it is, the less funny it seems to be. So ultimately it tends to be about whatever we think will be interesting or funny for the community... and it seems that the best part of the podcast is just being on and getting to know each other/the regulars. Granted, that can be done on a server, but we're trying to see what we can make of this.

As for race, I think that general feel was that we were making fun of it being an issue, instead of making fun of it and being an issue. I assure you no one was offended in the recording and it was all tongue in cheek, and if someone ever was offended, we'd cease and desist on the subject.

As for microphone levels, this is a constant battle and we're working on trying to find a way to fine tune it before recording, and doing what we can in post. I'm using a free program that I picked up and have little to no knowledge on really how to edit audio.

Hopefully I don't come off as defensive, I just felt that a few explanations were needed, and thank you for the critique's. We'll make our next uploads in order, work on our format/introductions for people who we bring in mid-show, and try to fine tune our audio.
Chocolate Love God
Donator
Dont be open minded your brains will fall out

by mrpikmin2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:21 pm

stopped listening at 2:00. ANYWAY.....back to playing tf2.
mrpikmin2

by DaBeeZy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Maybe a podcast recording this week for the holidays! Join the steam group and follow the directions to get setup! Send me a message if you need help and we can have some fun! I will make a post in the steam group about when we will have it so look out for a notification!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/critsa ... orkpodcast
DaBeeZy
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Hope you don't mind--I've switched the link to a flash player thingie and it's hosted on critsandvich.com now just for convenience.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by DaBeeZy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:38 pm

That is absolutely phenomenal, thanks for that Benny Hill! :D
DaBeeZy
Donator

Return to News