Post your Hat Contest ideas here...

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

Post your Hat Contest ideas here...

by Failhorse » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 pm

I have 10+ Hats. I need ideas to give them away. Do so by replying here. First contest is Tuesday.
View hats on page 3 here. http://www.tf2items.com/id/failhorse

Also if you have any masks you do not want. Track down an admin in one of our servers and give it to him/her. They will get it to me, and when I get complete sets, I can trade them for more hats.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Post your Hat Contest ideas here...

by Repoman » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:29 am

Have a spy hidden somewhere on the map, and have a team try and find him. Whoever finds him wins a hat?

Heavy fisting duel?

Best in game picture contest.

Beat all the admins in a duel consecutively, and legitimately to win a hat. Work your way to the top.

Have a taunt kill arena match, last person standing wins.

Play a game in where spies have to spycrab to a certain point, last spycrab standing wins.
Repoman

by Mike808 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 am

Repoman wrote:Have a spy hidden somewhere on the map, and have a team try and find him. Whoever finds him wins a hat?

Heavy fisting duel?

Beat all the admins in a duel consecutively, and legitimately to win a hat. Work your way to the top.

Play a game in where spies have to spycrab to a certain point, last spycrab standing wins.

i like the first one
the contest should be something that requires more luck than skill

cause if some pro joins then it will deter the pubs. so a luck one (like the find the spy) is a fair ground for all players
and it should be something ping will not affect as much.
with my 130+ ping a melee battle will mean an instant loss for me
that goes for the taunt kill battle too
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Patrid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:00 am

I'm up for fisting

also, how about participants are randomly shuffled into teams of 5 or 10, then teams compete in a heavy boxing match
tournament style - winner advances to next round. Each round is best of 5 matches and the boxing will take place in a large space such as the middle pt in Granary or Turbine... kinda like a dodgeball tornament

I'm supportive of the luck aspect, but i can't say i'm completely behind find the spy scenarios... (mainly because some people play spy a lot and know where to look)
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Ackybur » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:55 am

Repoman wrote:Have a spy hidden somewhere on the map, and have a team try and find him. Whoever finds him wins a hat?

Heavy fisting duel?

Well if I'm being removed from admin that will be possible. ROFL PANTS AMIRITE....right?!
Ackybur
Donator

by CakeZ » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 pm

You should give a hat to whoever comes with the best contest. Other ideas, Building a heavy tower :3, know that it would be extremely difficult to organize a proper boxing match, as well as spycrab races, or anything server based. It would probably be best to give hats in non virtual competition, etc. Maybe whoever kisses up to you the best? lol jk.

Whoever can build the largest group on steam starting soon. They must be new, and have only one admin, the winner is the admin.
CakeZ

by Agony » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:55 pm

we could have spies with dead ringers and have some1 choose a spy and if the pick the 1 without the dead ringer they win :D
Agony

by Mike808 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Agony wrote:we could have spies with dead ringers and have some1 choose a spy and if the pick the 1 without the dead ringer they win :D

that sounds good

contest must be decided by luck not skill to be fair
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Agony » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Mike808 wrote:
Agony wrote:we could have spies with dead ringers and have some1 choose a spy and if the pick the 1 without the dead ringer they win :D

that sounds good

contest must be decided by luck not skill to be fair

Thank you very much haha :D
Agony

by Argent » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 pm

I would volunteer to die. That sounds like fun.

'course, I also want hats.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Agony » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Argent wrote:I would volunteer to die. That sounds like fun.

'course, I also want hats.

if your refuring to my idea. we could take turns and stuff. ;)
Agony

by jameless » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:14 pm

You can post easter eggs on your website that bring you to a simple page with a number on it. First person to post the numbers win a hat. Gets a lot of people interested in the different parts of your site and could learn more about you guys in the process.
jameless

by Agony » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Personally I think my idea was beast. I should win this
Agony

by MrRockk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 pm

I got an idea!

Theres on sniper, he has a huntsman. Everyone else is on the enemy team and are pyros with the degreaser/default flamethrower. They line up against a wall and the sniper shoots randomly at the line of pyros and the pyros try to reflect and kill the sniper. Person to reach x amount of points or has the most amount of points at x time wins! :D
MrRockk

by ItzCrankz » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Seeing how this contest is hat related, why not have members submit hat related artwork.

For example,

1) Best NEW hat concept. (Personally I would like to see a sandwich hat or something, hunger the enemy team to death =D)

2) Best hat killcam (The parasite hat could pose some interesting killcams in my opinion)

or 3) A hat joke maybe =D?

Keep fraggin n' baggin,

- monstercrab
ItzCrankz

by Agony » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:28 pm

MrRockk wrote:I got an idea!

Theres on sniper, he has a huntsman. Everyone else is on the enemy team and are pyros with the degreaser/default flamethrower. They line up against a wall and the sniper shoots randomly at the line of pyros and the pyros try to reflect and kill the sniper. Person to reach x amount of points or has the most amount of points at x time wins! :D

wow thats awsome. if i dont win u should lol :D :)
Agony

by Swift142 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:29 pm

So here's my idea, you start with 24 people on an arena server right? The arena game goes like usual except no capping, so everyone kills each other except for a few people right? Then you eliminate everyone who was not one of the classes that survived till the end. So lets say each team consists of 3 scouts, 2 snipers, 1 heavy, 1 medic, 3 soldiers, and 2 demos. Now evyone dies except for 1 demo and a heavy, that means that everyone's eliminated except for the people who played demo and heavy that round. Then you keep going untill everyone picks the same class, and when that happens, last person alive wins. The only way it would really work would be if there was a restriction to which classes could be picked and a limit of, lets say 3 per class (on each team). So when the total amount of people goes under 12, reduce it two people for each class, but so that both teams can only have 2 of a class. Like 1 scout on blue and one on red and no more scouts at all after that (hope you understand what i mean xP) Anyway, it's a combination of skill and gamble. But somehow, you'd have to keep which class everyone would be a secret untill the round started... anyway, i don't have all the details figured out yet and anyone is welcome to help flesh out my idea xP sorry if it's confusing
Swift142

by Dr.Octogonapus » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Ok Heres my idea we have a rocket jumping/sticky jumping contest, for rocket jumping its who can jump the highest and sticky jumping is for going the highest. Or everyone gets on TF2_WARE and whoever wins the first round gets a hat. Or we go on Manor_Event and see who gets the most presents in one round, those are all my ideas and thank you for reading!
Dr.Octogonapus

by ruffmajorkc » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Catch the scout: catch (touch) a scout that is running away. (cannot double jump)

rock paper Taunt (needs thriller taunt):2 players taunt until one player preforms a taunt attack.

Spy Who?: 1 spy diguses as single class and player has to guess which one of 3-5 players is the real one.

Archery: Sniper has to hit moving targets with Huntsman. first one to hit 5 (near spawn) wins.

Spy crab contest: Vote on best looking spy crab.

Race: race to a control point or player

Sandvich eating contest: eat the most sandvichs in 3 minutes to win!
ruffmajorkc

by Swift142 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:40 pm

another idea, 1 team of engineers, one of spys. Give the engineers like 2 minutes to make the most spy proof fortress (with sentres, teleports, etc.) they can make and then after two minutes are up, the spys have to kill all the engineers. How it works is it's an elimination style game where each round, the first two people to die on each side are eliminated untill eight are left, the setup times decreases to 1 minutes and the first 2 people to die in total are removed from the game. when you get down to the last 4, 30 seconds, untill the last two people just have a regular arena match. If at any time there are two more people o one side on another, they are randomly put on the other team so that there is at most a 1 person difference. Again, your welcome to flesh out xP
Swift142

by Unit-Shadow » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:40 pm

1: Demo Eyelander Battle(THERE CAN BE ONLY OOOOOONE!)-Either last demo standing or demo with most heads wins.
2: Scout Duckhunt- Scouts jump in a single file line(from battlements to bridge roof) at random times. Snipers with huntsmen take turns trying to get headshots.
3: Pick 1 scout out of 5- Just as the title says, 5 scouts choose the one the right one (100% luck).
4: Pyro Airblasting-Bunch of soldiers with rocket jumpers and 1 with a normal rocket shoot at a pyro. Pyro has to shoot back the real rocket.
5: Sniperhump/spycrab races- Race where you either spycrab or sniper hump an obstacle course (team telling them directions or them just fumbling around).
Unit-Shadow

My Idea For The Contest

by aston123 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:44 pm

how about

A rocket jumper race to the top of something

a sticky jumper who can the most far way from the start

a scout a obstical area that makes them double jump a tone

a wrangler contest were they see who can shoot the the most distance

a type of gun game were the person needs to start on a class that most find hard and get 10 kills in that class then the level up to the next class and the first person to get to the last or easyest class wins.

a sing comp

hat gambilying were two people give a person one of their hats to a admin. then the admin crafts them together and then people pick 4 class each eg scout solly pyro and demo and the other chose the heavy engy medic and sniper. there is one class left if the class selcted by no one is chosen then the admin keeps the hat in this case the spy hat. if a sniper hat is crafted then the second person keeps it if the solly hat is picked then the first person keeps it.

Thank you hear is my steam id 0:03 153 78 active
# 1190 "Soldier Of Misfortune" STEAM_0:1:30723575 22:55 102 0 active
Regards, Aston Or soldier of misforune.
aston123

by Swift142 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:47 pm

first one to get their sniper to say "see you in five minutes" wins xP no way to check but hey, so what xP

deal or no deal style, I pyro, 23 spies, 22 of which are the same team, one on the other team disguised as a friendly spy. Set on fire the enemy spy to win a hat but they can only pick one spy, then that person becomes the enemies spy and the former red spy turns into the pyro who must leave the area until all the spys rearrange themselves
Swift142

by Mamaluigi454 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Sandvich eaters: 2-6 Heavys are scattered on a map. There are plates with sandviches on them EVERYWHERE (like take up most of the ground). The Heavys must run around eating the sandviches by touching them. You are awarded 1 point per Sandvich. There is a time limit, whoever eats the most Sandviches wins! The game can also end if there are no more Sandviches. Players can also throw 1 "poisen sandvich" into a crowd of sandviches. They look almost identical to normal Sandviches. A Heavy who eats this Sandvich will lose 1-2 points and they will be awarded to the person who set the trap.You will have no weapons for this either. (Right click to throw the poisen Sandvich)

Steam account in case I DO win: Mamaluigi454
Mamaluigi454

by Swift142 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:52 pm

two teams,10 minutes and whichever team can create the best choreographed series of taunts win, then the winning team splits in two until 1 vs 1 which will get the hat. ANY TAUNTS ARE ALLOWED but it has to be after Halloween so the random thriller taunt doesn't get in the way xP
Swift142

by Agony » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:55 pm

ruffmajorkc wrote:Catch the scout: catch (touch) a scout that is running away. (cannot double jump)

rock paper Taunt (needs thriller taunt):2 players taunt until one player preforms a taunt attack.

Spy Who?: 1 spy diguses as single class and player has to guess which one of 3-5 players is the real one.

Archery: Sniper has to hit moving targets with Huntsman. first one to hit 5 (near spawn) wins.

Spy crab contest: Vote on best looking spy crab.

Race: race to a control point or player

Sandvich eating contest: eat the most sandvichs in 3 minutes to win!

I love the rock paper taunt idea hope u win :D
Agony

by Swift142 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 am

whoever gives away the most stuff on the server within 5 minutes gets a free hat xP no trading for something else all giving away xDDDD
Swift142

by 22storm22 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:24 am

1. Spycrab Race :D

Here's an example:
cp_manor_event
Both Red and Blu Spies line up along Blu's spawn building on the wall with the tire stack next to it.
They all crouch and become spycrabs.
A player who is not a competing spycrab lets them know when to begin racing.
The spycrabs are allowed to use any path they desire, as long as the stay in spycrab form.
The finish line is the death pit surrounding point C, so yes, they are racing to their death :)

I've done it before and I can easily say it is incredibly fun :D
_________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Fingerslinger

All Heavies, only fists, only POW! taunting.
Last man-excuse me-Last huge hulking heavy standing wins!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Knife Fight!

All Spies, only knives (any kind of knife) and no watches.
Last cunning devil standing wins!
4. Reflect-A-Bouncer 5000

Whoever can airblast-rocket jump (as a Pyro) the farthest distance wins!
5. Overheal

One team is a pair of Medics, both equipped with Ubersaws and Medi-Guns.
The other team is made up of Heavies, (undetermined amount atm) whom are equipped only with melee weapons.
The challenge is for the pair to keep the longest lasting chain-Ubercharge, by taking turns attacking with the Ubersaw and healing/ubering the partner.
22storm22

by Bravelittletoaster » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 am

if u want a luck game how about a taunt bet who ever dosent do a holloween taunt is out
Bravelittletoaster

by rawkies » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 am

Taunt roulette:

Everyone is a soldier. Taunt with the Equalizer out. If they thriller taunt, they're safe and move on to the next round. If they explode, they're out.
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Mike808 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:22 am

rawkies wrote:Taunt roulette:

Everyone is a soldier. Taunt with the Equalizer out. If they thriller taunt, they're safe and move on to the next round. If they explode, they're out.

BEST ONE

except when the triller taunt goes away like tomorrow :(
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Argent » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:23 am

That's hilarious, but it could descriminate against people who don't have the equalizer.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Mike808 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:24 am

Argent wrote:That's hilarious, but it could descriminate against people who don't have the equalizer.

thats true D:
that hind the spy and find him one sounds the most fair tho
cause lag and skill arnt much of a factor
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Mawer » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:05 am

Well my idea its 8vs8 but it will be in the 1st team 4 blue 4 red and the same thing in the 2nd team they gotta make a 8ppl tower in 2/3 mins or just make the tower more highest than the opposite team and well we can say that the blue teams if that haps all the red team will be elminated and the blue team will bethe winers of the 1st round then 4 ppl from blue team will go to red and the 2 teams will try again get the highest tower if the red team wins the blue team is eliminated and u will end with 4 ppl the 4 ppl will play a 2vs2 taunt kill iwth the hevy and the 2 winners will make a taunt kill duel again with the heavy :d

sorry for my bad englihs ^^" :(
Mawer

by Swift142 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:37 pm

rocket tennis, 3 guys, one blue pyro, a red pyro, and a blue soldier. The soldier fires at the red pyro who airblasts it back and forth between the other pyro and himself. The person who doesn't airblast back first looses the match. 3 straight match to a win, you go until one person is ahead of the other by three wins. Another thing, both pyros have no clip enabled, but they also are slowed down to shift noclip moving speed and they must stay in the room. anyway, I'm sure you could make a tournament style game with just individual matches where winner plays all until the last two, winner of the entire tournament gets 1 hat
Swift142

by dumbledoresbeard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:11 pm

So, X vs. X people on the teams where the RED team is consisted of 1/2 Pyros and the other half snipers and soldiers and the other team consists of 1/2 soldiers and snipers and 1/2 pyros. Soldiers would shoot rockets and snipers would shoot huntsman arrows/jarate, and pyros would reflect, creating war between the two teams, and whoever's team has the most survivors, wins.

Name: Airblast Assassination
dumbledoresbeard

by Enigma » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Team Fortress Idol. Everyone put on your mics and proceeds to sing. Server will judge and give a raw score. Winner takes all.
Enigma

by The Frew » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:20 pm

So... Wait, no skill contests?

Why not just do it on a case by case basis? Or have a melee tourney, and first, second, and third place get a hat? First place gets first pick, second gets second pick, and, of course, third gets third pick.

There really aren't many luck contest ideas that can't be conceivably cheated.
The Frew

by Toaster » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Every person to make an account at csn has his/her account tide to a number (ip i guess... i'll leave the technical talk to benny) 5 random winners and the person to get the most new members to join wins 5 hats. whether or not admins are allowed to take part in the winning of hats doesn't really matter. networking = win

(please note i didn't read any previous posts and if an idea has already been chosen then thats great :D )

Edit: example as follows. . .

New member bob

Hay guis i hurd you have dis contest, my friend spanksmgee told me about it.

*at this points spanks would be the closest to winning the five hats*
oh and since i'm here why can i be killed when the found ends and red admins cant? srsly guys... :x <3
-Toater
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Argent » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:17 pm

As much as I'd love to squeal "Don't Stop Beleivin'" to strangers on TF2, not everyone has a microphone. A singing contest would be lulzy and amazing though.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Agony » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Soldier Russian Roulette:

The server is filled with soldiers, and there is 1 person as referee.
The game is every soldier gets a chance to shoot a rocket and whoever shots a crit is out and its a elimanation thing. So last soldier standing wins a hat
i think there sgould be like 1st place 2nd place and 3rd place
:D
Agony

by cardgamesftwl_k » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Red is full of Jarate snipers and Blu full of spies and whoever finds and kills/jarates the most spies wins.
cardgamesftwl_k

by Argent » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Mangachu wrote:
Agony wrote:Soldier Russian Roulette:

The game is every soldier gets a chance to shoot a rocket and whoever shots a crit is out and its a elimanation thing. So last soldier standing wins a hat

there's a 3% chance of a crit, may take awhile o.o
It would go up as everyone does more damage, but, yeah, that is true. Could we turn up the crit chance?

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Agony » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Argent wrote:
Mangachu wrote:
Agony wrote:Soldier Russian Roulette:

there's a 3% chance of a crit, may take awhile o.o
It would go up as everyone does more damage, but, yeah, that is true. Could we turn up the crit chance?

still a goos idea tho right?
Agony

by gudasleeze » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Just going to say... This contest was ROFL ROR haha.

*sigh*...
gudasleeze

by Divide by NaN » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Are we still doing this? I have 6 masks that I don't want.
Divide by NaN

by rawkies » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:15 am

Divide by NaN wrote:Are we still doing this? I have 6 masks that I don't want.

I'll take them all off your hands.
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Xtromist » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:12 am

Hmm, I was thinking maybe the Saxton Hale mod. I find it quite entertaining.

Or maybe, prophunt with a twist. One player is selected to be a sandvich. He/she must hide from the heavies out to get him/her. FRIENDLY FIRE ON.

EDIT: Just thought of something else. We could do mafia. So, there are like 3 or so red spies. They are disguised as blue players. (Note that they will have their own names and will appear to be on the blue team when tab is clicked). The rest of the team must choose how who to kill, as their are three spies among them. They will vote in the same way as you vote for maps. Then, the person chosen us killed. Following this, the three speis vote to kill someone. So basically, who ever survives the longest wins. The spies? or the actually blue team.

EDIT 2: TF2 Karaoke. Had so much fun with this on another server. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4FPXuW ... re=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eziv0qge ... re=related
Xtromist

by GLaDOS » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 am

Taunt kills only.
Either teams or duels.
VoltySquirrel wrote:
NuclearWatermelon wrote:We working on it, we working on it.

Just taking us some time.

You guys are just like the government.

Honestly, have I ever lied to you?

Inside this room?
GLaDOS

Return to News