Server Changes!

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

Server Changes!

by Vivi Hill » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:03 am

Hi, you may be confused due to some odd behavior on the website. Don't worry, it's just Nuclear and me fooling around again. We should be able to finish everything up by tomorrow, but for now we're doing some odd things with iframes so that when you go to critsandvich.com you see the forums on a different IP.

The important part: We have moved this website, and the Fun and Trade servers, over to a new dedicated box. Psyk's trusty box will no longer be used by CSn. On behalf of all the redmins and admins in this community I'd like to thank Psyk for being so generous with his box. The PsykBox will be missed.

Our new server, a rented Virtual Dedicated Server from NuclearFallout will likely cause performance increases on the servers and the website (I myself notice a speed boost on the forums).

The new ip for the servers is 64.74.97.239

Trade 1: 64.74.97.239:27017
Trade 2: 64.74.97.239:27019
Fun: 64.74.97.239:27015 (still being ported, use the old IP for now)

Wait a second, you exclaim. Why are there two trade servers? We figure that having two trade servers, running at lower rates, will benefit the trade community. And we had some extra CPU lying around. We may adjust how this works--we might just make Trade a 34 slot server instead.

Right now, critsandvich.com still goes to the old IP, because I didn't want to mess up the Slaybox mysql settings. This should be all fixed by sometime tomorrow. For now, bear with us if something odd happens or you see inaccurate information on the servers or website.

As for stats: They have been completely migrated! So don't worry about them.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Re: Server Changes!

by Failhorse » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:48 am

I just want to throw this out there to all the admins and regulars. New servers will take some time for people to find and adjust to. You may see a decrease in the populations of the new servers. If you can, take some time to help get them going.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by duck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 pm

two trade servers :O. now i can rip off people in two places and still have green text :D
duck

by Nikki Wolf » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Unicorn, I no longer trust you.
Nikki Wolf

by duck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:38 pm

you should never give me your trust
duck

by Vivi Hill » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

We've also changed the stats to be on stats/ instead of hlstatsx/, so you may want to change your signatures to use that instead.

(critsandvich.com/stats/... instead of critsandvich.com/hlstatsx/...)
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to News