Critsandvich February Contest

Announcements and news related to Crit Sandvich.

Critsandvich February Contest

by fingerman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm

http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198004233155
http://steamcommunity.com/id/critsandvichcontest

Official Prize list for February:

1. Unusual Bonk Helmet with searing plasma
2. Earbuds
3. Voodoo Juju
4. Voodoo Juju
5. Scout Polycount pack (includes milkman, shortstop, mad milk, holy mackerel)
6. Sniper Polycount pack (includes Ol' Snaggletooth, sydney sleeper, darwin's danger shield, bushwacker)
7. Vintage Pyro pack (includes vintage respectless rubber glove, v.axetinguisher, v.flare gun, v.backburner)
8. Vintage Soldier pack (includes v.tyrants helm, v.directhit, v.buff banner, b.equalizer)
9. Festive Tree
10. Vintage Foster's Facade & Vintage Stockbroker's scarf
11. Vintage Glengarry Bonnet
12. Vintage Hotrod
13. Vintage Whoopee Cap
14. Vintage Trophy Belt
15. Vintage Backbiter's billycock
16. Vintage bloke's bucket hat
17. Vintage tipplers tricorn
18. Vintage ye olde baker boy
19. Hard Counter
20. Magnificent Mongolian
21. Le Party Phantom
22. Detective Noir
23. Ze Goggles
24. German Gonzila
25. Bombing Run
26. Carouser's Capotain
27. Flipped Trilby
28. Whoopee Cap
29. Handyman's Handle
30. Puglist Protector
31. Master's Yellowbelt
32. Larrikin Robin
33. Prince Tavish's Crown
34. Safe'n'sound
35. Bombing Run
36. Trophy Belt
37. Napper's Respite
38. Pyro's Beanie
39. Handyman's Handle
40. Stout Shako
41. Officer's Ushanka
42. (non)Vintage Merryweather
43. Sober Stuntman
44. Horrific Headsplitter
45. Chieftain's Challenge
46. Old Guadalahara
47. Whoopee Cap
48. Safe'n'sound
49. Troublemaker's tosslecap
50. Batter's Helm
51. Blighted Beak
52. Seargent's Drill Hat
53. Cadaver's Cranium
54. Respectless Rubberglove

All prizes not claimed or awarded because of failure to register with critsandvich will held over for the March giveaway.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

Re: Critsandvich February Contest

by Amplify » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Earbuds!! :D
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by Gho$T » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Fingerman why are you such a beast :lol:
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Argent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 pm

So, does does place win the second prize, or does first place get to pick from the 50 prizes, and second place from what's left, etc. which would be more difficult, but more rewarding.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 pm

/signed up.

Currently in first place :)
Ricenchicken

by fingerman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Top 10 are raffled for queue choices, the rest of the prizes are given at random to the other winners.
fingerman
Red Admin

by garpjr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 pm

I hope I win something good.
garpjr

by garpjr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Wait, where are the leaderboards, and how do you rank up?
garpjr

by fingerman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 pm

It is just for February, so if you click on todays date for rank so far. For instance:

http://critsandvich.com/hlstatsx/hlstat ... ank_type=1

For more details:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/critsandvichcontest
fingerman
Red Admin

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Fingerman, so that website is the site we use? cause when i type !contestranks its a whole different list of ppl's points.
Ricenchicken

by SilverJakler » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm going for #1! :D
SilverJakler

by HaiImTony! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Probably not going to win, but ill give it a shot (:
HaiImTony!

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:54 pm

May i make a suggestion?

Let first place pick the item he wants then 2-10 gets raffled, then the rest get random item.

I mean im gonna try and keep first place up with atleast a 2k gap the entire month, but to let some1 else possibly pick the item that rank 1 wanted, that wouldnt be fair to rank one because hehad to keep up his score the entire month.
Ricenchicken

by Maringue » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:03 pm

The rules of the contest are staying the same. The top 10 will enter into a raffle for their picks. This contest was set up so new people would join and to add some friendly competition for the regulars. It was not set up so people could stat whore their way to an unusual hat.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:06 pm

People are complaing about "Points" on the game.

For one: Spys get more point sfor backstabs thats why the top 3 players on the list for this month played spies the most.

2: They are complaining that ppl thats been there longer have a harder time getting points, YET. the monthly point system is obviously being calculated different because i get more orless the same ammount of points killing ppl with less points then me.

In fact, im rank 1 according the the monthly one, and getting a healthy ammount of points. BUT, people like sandman are complaining since their overall score is messing with the monthly score, is obviously wrong. Why would iget so many points for killing some1 w/ less points then me.

Shoot even, the monthly points are less then my overall even though this is my first day playing on the server.

So resetting ranks would be dumb. hlstats score spy backstabs as more, because they are suppose to be more skilled to pull off consecutive backstabs off easy.

I dont see why sandman is raging, he even stated "You do get more points as spy" and sandman IS in the top 10 on the monthly stats, so he shouldnt be qqing at "brokenness"

Also i just died, losing 17 points yet on the monthly stats I only lost 3.
Ricenchicken

by SilverJakler » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm

I can't tell if im entered or not, does it matter if i put in the wrong ID number when i signed up?
SilverJakler

by NuclearWatermelon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm

SilverJakler wrote:I can't tell if im entered or not, does it matter if i put in the wrong ID number when i signed up?

You're good.

Also, as for points, I would suggest points adjusted for time played for half the prizes, myself. Too late now to say that, perhaps.
NuclearWatermelon

by SilverJakler » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:
SilverJakler wrote:I can't tell if im entered or not, does it matter if i put in the wrong ID number when i signed up?

You're good.

Also, as for points, I would suggest points adjusted for time played for half the prizes, myself. Too late now to say that, perhaps.

ok thanks, but i dont know what my rank is since there are so many entered
SilverJakler

by Maringue » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Ricenchicken wrote:People are complaing about "Points" on the game.

For one: Spys get more point sfor backstabs thats why the top 3 players on the list for this month played spies the most.

2: They are complaining that ppl thats been there longer have a harder time getting points, YET. the monthly point system is obviously being calculated different because i get more orless the same ammount of points killing ppl with less points then me.

In fact, im rank 1 according the the monthly one, and getting a healthy ammount of points. BUT, people like sandman are complaining since their overall score is messing with the monthly score, is obviously wrong. Why would iget so many points for killing some1 w/ less points then me.

Shoot even, the monthly points are less then my overall even though this is my first day playing on the server.

So resetting ranks would be dumb. hlstats score spy backstabs as more, because they are suppose to be more skilled to pull off consecutive backstabs off easy.

I dont see why sandman is raging, he even stated "You do get more points as spy" and sandman IS in the top 10 on the monthly stats, so he shouldnt be qqing at "brokenness"

Also i just died, losing 17 points yet on the monthly stats I only lost 3.

Benny and Fingerman are going to fix this tonight. It was not being calculated correctly.

For example:
Zclipse: 1189 point 347 kills 64 deaths 5.42 k:d ratio
Riceandchicken: 5,501 Points 394 kills 157 deaths 2.51 k:d ratio

If the stats were being calculated correctly, Zclipse would have way more points than you. The backstab bonus cannot account for this discrepancy as it's only worth 2 extra points per kill. You are averaging about 14 points per kill where Zclipse is averaging 3.4 points per kill, and that's not including negative points for deaths, which you have more of. If you click on your name in the stats, you will see that it still thinks you are ranked 290 with 6727 points, which is why you are getting so many more points per kill and is why the points are being calculated incorrectly.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Please tell me, hows it not being calculated it correctly?
Ricenchicken

by Maringue » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I just updated my post with how it's not being calculated correctly.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Mike808 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:32 pm

it is weird. sandman and i have been looking at the contest rank in game and it seems like bs. i used to be 20 on the top 50, now im not even on it wtf
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Maringue » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:34 pm

It's calculating separate points, but using the regular rankings to make the calculations as opposed to starting everyone off at the same level.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, you shouldnt reset points. The contest started already, and the like 5k points i accumulated took awhile. And i dont see that fair to ppl that dont have much time to play but havel ike 1k+ points.

I mean, if they are SUCH good players, they should be able to get points fast. I think you should reset points, if someone asks you to reset THEIR points, not anyone elses, if you do, do anything about these so called "miscalculations"
Ricenchicken

by Maringue » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:45 pm

It's being fixed. Pretty much end of story.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Mangachu wrote:
Ricenchicken wrote:Please tell me, hows it not being calculated it correctly?

Higher the rank, less the points. At the end of rounds there is a chance that the stats don't end. So you can kill people and still get points.

I noticed that, yet im usually never killing people at the end of the round either.
Ricenchicken

by NuclearWatermelon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Ricenchicken wrote:Well, you shouldnt reset points. The contest started already, and the like 5k points i accumulated took awhile. And i dont see that fair to ppl that dont have much time to play but havel ike 1k+ points.

I mean, if they are SUCH good players, they should be able to get points fast. I think you should reset points, if someone asks you to reset THEIR points, not anyone elses, if you do, do anything about these so called "miscalculations"

To be blunt with you, you come across as very ungrateful and condescending. If you are such the great player that you are, you should have no trouble racking up points and a "2k gap" with the stats corrected for improper collection and calculation.

That said, I hope you stay around after this entire contest as a member of the community, you seem like a good player, and perhaps without all the pressure of a contest you might be less... condescending.
NuclearWatermelon

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 pm

im not ungreatful, i just find it dumb, that your listening to 2-3 players, who dont even know how hlstats calculates spy kills. over the community.

Shoot even if you go test it out yourself, you'll see the month overall hlstats is different. I was getting more points from people with less overall points then me.
Ricenchicken

by NuclearWatermelon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Ricenchicken wrote:im not ungreatful, i just find it dumb, that your listening to 2-3 players, who dont even know how hlstats calculates spy kills. over the community.

Well, to be fair, not everyone may understand how hlstatsx calculates spy kills. However, I do not believe that you understand how hlstatsx calculates kill points based on player rank. Because many of the regulars are playing already have a high rank, when they die they lose points, and when a new player comes along they do not suffer such issues, and actually gain many more points when they kill a player of higher rank. The issue at hand here, though, is that while you can see your standing on the basis of points earned this month, this does not account for the fact that they are harder to accrue.

The corrective measures being taken will be such that people will be able to earn points at the same rate, as if they were all new players, thus giving everyone a fair shot.

And a final note, I personally hardly consider your comments as the comments of "the community".
NuclearWatermelon

by Ricenchicken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:24 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:
Ricenchicken wrote:im not ungreatful, i just find it dumb, that your listening to 2-3 players, who dont even know how hlstats calculates spy kills. over the community.

Well, to be fair, not everyone may understand how hlstatsx calculates spy kills. However, I do not believe that you understand how hlstatsx calculates kill points based on player rank. Because many of the regulars are playing already have a high rank, when they die they lose points, and when a new player comes along they do not suffer such issues, and actually gain many more points when they kill a player of higher rank. The issue at hand here, though, is that while you can see your standing on the basis of points earned this month, this does not account for the fact that they are harder to accrue.

The corrective measures being taken will be such that people will be able to earn points at the same rate, as if they were all new players, thus giving everyone a fair shot.

And a final note, I personally hardly consider your comments as the comments of "the community".

Im saying that your listening to 2 of your top 10 players, where as i've talked to like others in the community that think its stupid.
Ricenchicken

by NuclearWatermelon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Ricenchicken wrote:Im saying that your listening to 2 of your top 10 players, where as i've talked to like others in the community that think its stupid.

Granted, I have no idea who you are talking with, but please look at it from my perspective. There is a technical issue that puts some people at an advantage, we are just trying to fix that. That is really all that is happening.
NuclearWatermelon

by Vivi Hill » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 pm

NEW stats are here: http://critsandvich.com/hlstatsx/hlstat ... me=tf-comp

If you type "rank" or "session" in the game, you'll see the contest stats now.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Maringue » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Ricenchicken wrote:Im saying that your listening to 2 of your top 10 players, where as i've talked to like others in the community that think its stupid.

3-4 of our long standing community members pointed out this potential issue, so as and admin I looked into the specifics of the points. I was hoping that by showing you the actual numbers that this would convince you that things were not being tallied correctly. We've now fixed the issue, so the worst that happened is that you played a couple hours on our servers that didn't count towards the contest.

Also, please remember that the prizes were donated by members of our community and are being given out for free. If this contest was a $20 buy in, then I could see you having issue with this, but it's not. Please don't insult the generosity of the members who donated all of this bad ass gear to the contest. The more our community thrives, the more we all benefit so we all win.

You may not know, but as the admins are also eligible for the contest, many of them have pledged to re-donate any prizes back to the community. Please treat this contest in the spirit it was generated. We just want people to come here and have a good time, find out how fun it is to play here and stay.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by LegendarySurgeon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 pm

I think this solution makes sense; the only sad part is that I have to get 20 kills before I get full points, something not exactly trivial for a medic :lol:
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by SilverJakler » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm

currently ranked 100-110 out of 400 something, hoping to get in the top 50 >.<
SilverJakler

by Maringue » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 pm

SilverJakler wrote:currently ranked 100-110 out of 400 something, hoping to get in the top 50 >.<

I have a full time job, so I'm already out of the competition since I can't devote 20 hours a week to playing.

Edit: Not to mention that I'm only half way decent at this game.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by SilverJakler » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

lol, thats gives me just a bit more confidence, but im still a teen, so im still in school. but im pretty good when im not screwing around with trying to be a suicide demo :P
SilverJakler

by HibiscusKazeneko » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I know I'm going to come off like the n00b I am for this, but I'll say it anyway:
Just to be clear, all I had to do to be eligible for this is sign up as a member of this site (Crit Sandvich) and play on a Slaybox server? Or was there some separate sign-up process? The instructions given on the contest page left room for confusion here.

Also HLStatsX doesn't seem to recognize my location, though it's listed on my Steam page. Is there anyway to rectify this?
HibiscusKazeneko

by NuclearWatermelon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 pm

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:I know I'm going to come off like the n00b I am for this, but I'll say it anyway:
Just to be clear, all I had to do to be eligible for this is sign up as a member of this site (Crit Sandvich) and play on a Slaybox server? Or was there some separate sign-up process? The instructions given on the contest page left room for confusion here.

Also HLStatsX doesn't seem to recognize my location, though it's listed on my Steam page. Is there anyway to rectify this?

You are currently in the running for the contest, yes.
NuclearWatermelon

by Vivi Hill » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:Also HLStatsX doesn't seem to recognize my location, though it's listed on my Steam page. Is there anyway to rectify this?

HLStatsX does location by IP so evidently your IP is unusual or not in the geoip database which gets updated every month or so.

But actually I'll have to get in touch with Psyk and make sure that the geoip and IP resolving scripts are still running. Since he changed the password they might have been left in the dust...
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by derpa » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Does my account name on the forum have to be the same as on the server?
derpa

by duck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:40 pm

derpa wrote:Does my account name on the forum have to be the same as on the server?

nope. i change my name lots and im still like rank 300 sumtin (though ive only played a few times on the slay box xD)
duck

by GoDM1N » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:45 am

I'm giving whatever place I come in to someone who isn't in the top 50 btw
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by duck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

GoDM1N wrote:I'm giving whatever place I come in to someone who isn't in the top 50 btw

I'm poor on my second account so give it to me
duck

by Maringue » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:00 pm

unicornpoop wrote:
GoDM1N wrote:I'm giving whatever place I come in to someone who isn't in the top 50 btw

I'm poor on my second account so give it to me

Poor? Dude you've got 3 unusuals in your inventory...
Maringue
Blue Admin

by andwoo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 am

How does one go about registering for the contest?
#basedgod
andwoo

by NuclearWatermelon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:37 am

andwoo wrote:How does one go about registering for the contest?

You have a forum account, you have successfully registered for this contest.
NuclearWatermelon

by Aleski » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 am

Same here, except that someone is going to be one of my buddies.
Aleski

by sethard » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 pm

this is quite the interesting event! :)
sethard

by Nameless » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Couldn't play for about a day or two, and dropped 40 ranks. ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Was pretty close to top 50, too. No chance of that now.
Nameless

by Jack Salad » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 pm

This contest taught me to truly hate random crits and dead ringers, as anyone who's played with me in the past moth has seen. I hope I didn't make your critsandvich experience less enjoyable. Good luck to those in the top 50!
Jack Salad

by chrsi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:10 am

Jack Salad wrote:I hope I didn't make your critsandvich experience less enjoyable.

You complete the experience
chrsi

by fingerman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 am

Contest ends tonight at midnight CST. Good luck.
fingerman
Red Admin

by Maringue » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:43 am

Can we make it so Mangachu doesn't get the ear buds, no matter what happens? That would be funny. :lol:
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Rex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:03 am

Im here to collect.
Rex
Donator

by mattdamon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 am

@.@ it was long trip
mattdamon

by C7_ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 am

I had forgotten about this contest about halfway throughout the month, then realizing on Friday I still had a chance to win something I spent most of my weekend racking up points.

It's been fun, met and faced a bunch of good players, but unfortunately now hate goldrush and dustbowl. A lot.
Also, I type in green.
C7_

by Jack Salad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 am

Congratulations, winners! I hope everyone enjoys their prizes! I know I will enjoy mine. Everyone in the top 50 should be proud for having to trudge through Crits, Spies, and [-12] point deaths to get to where you are!

Sorry you didn't get the unusual Joshie, but way to make it to the top ten! That in itself is a nice accomplishment as you ranked up with some formidable foes, not to mention in a somewhat competitive environment, too!
Jack Salad

by Rex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 am

IMO If this is ever done again (I hope it is) I vote random crits get turned off and adding one of those "map too recently played" nomination systems.
Rex
Donator

by Grounder » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:37 am

im giving my hat to joshie when i get it.
Grounder

by Jack Salad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Rex wrote:IMO If this is ever done again (I hope it is) I vote random crits get turned off and adding one of those "map too recently played" nomination systems.

Second.
Jack Salad

by KillerProtist » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:48 pm

So, how exactly do you claim your prize?
KillerProtist

by Aleski » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Mangachu wrote:also no extra points for backstabbing people
it was the only reason to why aleski got into the top 10 (no offence, your a good spy and all. But i hate you for only playing spy </3)
i sense about 50 people posting
"Stop whining"

I think spies deserve the extra 2 points because the thing is, if I were to miss the back stab I would be completely vulnerable to death and most likely get killed. I know this is where ya'll might complain about dead ringers but that's not the point. The thing is, most of the time I would die if I missed the stab and by being in the top10, I would almost always lose 12 points. Also, there were a couple times where using the dead ringer made HLstats think I actually died (Yeah, I'm that frickin' good at tricking people I managed to trick the system) and it would take away points for every one of my fake deaths.
Aleski

by fingerman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:38 am

The next contest will be different. We have a month to come up with ideas. Please PM me with your suggestions. Also if you won a prize, check out my other post about the winners.
fingerman
Red Admin

by sethard » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Congratulations to those in the top 50, for the description of the soldier metal applies to us more than ever. And I can't say thanks enough to Fingerman for setting this up, for it brought out the worst person and best player in me. Thanks to everyone I enjoyed the past month with.
See you in game! C:
sethard

by Twinweapons » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Good fun for all and I hope sincerely that in the future many more of these contests come into existence. This promotes a highly competitive atmosphere and makes the server extremely popular as it was the most visited server for about 5 days straight. I hope the community and the players that are part of that community are happy with the publicity the contest brought to the server. I give my congrats to the top10, top50 and all other players on the server that are responsible for making play on the server so enjoyable along great community.
Twinweapons
Donator

Return to News