"Is csn alive" app

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Re: "Is csn alive" app

Postby Balubish » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 am

Who uses Apple products?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Rumors » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Balubish wrote:Who uses Apple products?

I know right?

Sent from my iPhone
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

Postby mogexpres » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Whoa guys, at most it will be a web app cause I don't care for app coding for so many hardware considerations.

So the only requirement is having a web browser on your device which I *think* is universal.

It has a Javascript frontend so if any problems happen on a specific device it probably can be solved without too much trouble.

I got a dumb phone and no tablet so I got no horse in this race
mogexpres
Donator

Postby flufffage » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:47 pm

mogexpres wrote:Whoa guys, at most it will be a web app cause I don't care for app coding for so many hardware considerations.

So the only requirement is having a web browser on your device which I *think* is universal.

It has a Javascript frontend so if any problems happen on a specific device it probably can be solved without too much trouble.

I got a dumb phone and no tablet so I got no horse in this race

oh wow ok mb sorry i read "app" and i think mobile lol
rest in pretzel never forgetzel
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

Postby L0wsound » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:24 pm

Shoulda called it a Web app.
Where ya hosting it?

I could help test on a bunch of devices and browsers. :)
L0wsound

Postby mogexpres » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:29 am

Yo this is a thing now
http://apps.decision-cream.com/isCSnAlive/

This is in conjunction with a hlstatsX interaction package I got that can be seen here https://github.com/sidjai/rhlstats. I got busy for a while and got kinda bored so I did this over the last week or so.

The final definition I landed on for tryhard is the amount of skill change in a session that is above your personal average. This kind of normalizes the weird parts of HlstatsX on an individual basis. Lifetime is the hours that a player is predicted to play further. From the glances I had when developing, the lifetime seems pretty good based on my own experiences. Like I saw Lia have a connection time of like 2 hours and it predicted like 3 more which seems about right

The stack is a r shiny application running this package which is running on a rstudio server on an amazon ec2 machine which is redirecting to this subdomain of my blog which is in utter disrepair.

TODO:
-Layout / style stuff is all default -- could make it look better (probably looks best on a phone now)

-Statistical model is a simple moving average which can easily be snazzed up with first priority going to adding seasonal variation for the day of the week.
-Prediction is only for the next session not taking into account the number of days between each session

-The archive is only the top 200 people which gives a lot of people the default values of 1 tryhard and 45 mins of lifetime (horizontal line on the graph) which makes the lifetime extremely conservative
Solutions:
--Expand the archive to like 500 which would most likely slow down the connection
--Get the top 200 in terms of connection time instead of Skill which may better represent the community
--make a new model just for new people based on what they already did on the server

-Fun server is not on the server list cause they don't use HlstatsX ;( Probably nothing I could do about that

tldr; App is out and is mostly working in terms of aesthetics, performance and the stats. Could expand in all three areas depending on need / requests.
mogexpres
Donator

Postby Lia_Rein » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:44 am

' Like I saw Lia have a connection time of like 2 hours and it predicted like 3 more which seems about right'

Oh geez, this says a lot about my life :/ lol

Cool idea though, I'd check it out when I'm in a country that allows me to have wireless internet in my house :D lol

Also this "--Get the top 200 in terms of connection time instead of Skill which may better represent the community" seems like a good solution to me
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

Postby HausOfJoel » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:22 pm

HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

Previous

Return to Intense Debate