Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Re: Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

Postby Balubish » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:20 am

L0wsound wrote:I think we're gonna need a shot of the inside to criticize your cable management :D

Hehe as i said im not finished yet, dont even have a graphics card in it, but im gonna pick that up after work, also have some rerouting to do ;) But yeah im cooming back with that.
I can say this, its tight as fuck on the cable management of that you see, backside, well that can be discussed ;)

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Balubish » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:06 am

So i've been lazy as hell lately. New case build is kinda done, but I need to fix the watercooling and have havent done shit. Ive been so off lately I havent even been drunk.
This is how the build mainly will look like but its not done yet as I said. Everything with the routing didnt go as planned when I put the GPU in so :?
Main problem is that I thought Midi Tower was a size standard but this case is much smaller compare to my old Midi Tower so it got cramped but I will make it look good enough when its done.
Just need to get my lazy ass to do it eventually :P

Also I found a plastic glue that is insanely strong that im happy that I found. Plan is to make something cool with Acrylic or similar plastic but I havent tried transparency on it yet.
It looks clear before it dries but dont know how it looks if you glue to transparent parts together yet though.

Picture shows the breaking points of 2 harddrive cages I glued together and by bending it until it broke. Glue area didnt give a fuck. I also tested to glue 2 cds against eachother.
The parts that werent glued exploded when I bent it and the glue area didnt move at all.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:52 pm

So I havent thought about this but we have sold these at work for couple of years and they are technicly for fuel. But why not water?
So I brought some fittings from home to double check if they fit and they do woohoo. Im gonna buy off 2 of these from work, sure they are more expensive than regular watercooling valves.
But man they look nice and industrial compared to the ones you can buy for watercooling. I had a similar plan maybe back a year ago but when i saw these im going for it again :)

Its funny that I havent thought of it before having them at work for so long :P Doh!

Also one on the tube comment yesterday on my camera was shit and needed an upgrade he said. Lol im using my fucking phone a Samsung S3 that is 3 years old.
If you cant see what I post ur fucking blind, I didnt say that but I wanted too :P

Balubish
Donator

Postby L0wsound » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:44 am

Balubish wrote:So I havent thought about this but we have sold these at work for couple of years and they are technicly for fuel. But why not water?

So are you going to be installing copper pipes and everything?

srsly though, the black looks cool. The brass looks CHEAP
L0wsound

Postby Balubish » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:46 am

L0wsound wrote:
Balubish wrote:So I havent thought about this but we have sold these at work for couple of years and they are technicly for fuel. But why not water?

So are you going to be installing copper pipes and everything?

srsly though, the black looks cool. The brass looks CHEAP

Yes, each valve cost $40 bucks. Also there is a thing called something, hmm ay yes, paint.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 pm

So for my new build kinda Im still looking for a waterblock and will be buying an EK waterblock. Costly as fuck though and the stock backplate doesnt seem to fit they say :/ So gotta buy that aswell.
Its not a cheap hobby but I knew that from start. Just the block and backplate will pitch me back $173bucks with taxes and shipping. But it will be worth it when i can afford it. Both looks and performance boost when I will be able to dare dial up the voltage to max and still keep nice temps.

This is the block im going for when I have the cash. My plan also when i well have the money and order it I will go over to hardline tubes aswell, just to add some cost even more lol. But damn it will look good.

I would have gone with this if case would support vertical sitting GPU's but it doesnt so full black both make sense and will look better.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:52 am

So a little update with some testing the glue I bought. Acrylic Cement. Im not 100% sure if its waterproof or not, so think at one point im gonna make a box and let it stand with water for a while.
Or screw that shit down. I might need to buy myself some good machines aswell. :S But still fun with a project.

Edit:
So after like 12 hours of drying I did some real testing on strenght, acrylic glue vs hammer.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:45 pm

So I couldnt hold back anymore. Damnit! Payment plan for 12 months and $1100 less money over a year now. :P

So rendering time is killing me and my CPU is getting a bit to old for my standards. So what are these 1100 bucks you might wonder.

Parts:
ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING - ATX / X99 + Mafia 3

Corsair Vengeance LPX White 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 / 3200MHz / CL16 (CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W)

And last but most important. Intel Core i7-6800K - 12 Threads / 3.4Ghz (3.6Ghz Turbo) / 15MB / Socket 2011-3 Fuck yeah!

Good thing is my CPU waterblock works with it anyways. :)

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:57 pm

So here is the bad video of the build. Cause who knew 4K video was eating up the mem in ur phone in like 5min lol damn. And only have one pc that I was building lol so couldnt put the files over really.
But its something right? :P Also reason I like the video is because I contacted XSPC "CPU block manufacturer and they said it wouldnt fit CPU socket 2011-v3. In their faces :P
I guess they wanted to sell me a newer block :P

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:47 am

It's almost been 3 years exactly since I went custom watercooling. Some of you may now my X99 platform burned and have issues getting the new parts cause stupid testers.

Anyways I thought this was a perfect time the other day and actually check how my CPU waterblock looked after all this time never opened up.
I've used basicly all kinds of cooling types on the market, regular water, Mayhems Pastelle = basicly a solid color fluid kinda like paint with super small particles in it and up to Mayhems Aurora that looks frikkin amazing when it comes to glare objects in the fluid so you can actually see the fluid moving in the loop.

So I made a video checking how the block looks and this is a thing you should watchout even with Closed loop systems aswell.
I had no cooling problems but could have gone that far over longer time.

Sidenote: If you have a block with nickel plating and steel block or whatever under it you shouldnt use steel wool to clean it.
I could do this on my block cause I knew it was a solid block of copper.

Also damn, 37.000 views on this post.

Balubish
Donator

Previous

Return to Intense Debate