Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Re: Watercooling PC...

Postby Balubish » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:19 am

Well my plan have kinda failed to water cool a Gigabyte card. It still works kinda and GPU Core is cool as the rest of the loop but the memmory and maybe somthing else is getting really hot. So I will still try to find out what parts that is getting way too hot and cool them down. And frankly I wanna be finished with my modding and all so I just took the personal decision to get finished with it and have now a payment plan on one of this.

So from $650 watercooling loop and a $100 on a failed cooling block on the Gigabyte until i get it to work properly and maybe a destroyed card if I cant fix it. And another $700 on a graphics card with preinstalled waterblock. Just to get this finished. Damnit!

So one sucky thing the card is expensive, good part I probably wont have to upgrade my PC for 5 Years and really hope that is the case here.

Edit: Just counted how much I have spent on the PC including building it last 1,5 year, almost $4000 bucks, holyshit, money flies.
Last edited by Balubish on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Balubish » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 am

VLog update on the build. Will try to upload as fast as I can. My UL connection sucks ass so, but here are 2 more updates.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:48 am

Well Creed, here you have it, kinda bad angle but I wanted to get more of it in picture when I filled it.

Filling the loop with the Gigabyte R9 280X and with a Universal GPU block.

Testing my GPU build:

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:54 pm

THE BUILD IS DOOOONNNNEEEEE!!! THE AQUA!!!

Now I just still have some videos left to upload to the loop build VLOG or what it should be called. But I coulnd't hold back not showing you guys how it looks right now :) And yes it was worth it.
Latest video will be when Im mixing with the UV Blue and Aurora.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Someone Special » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 am

Telomirin wrote:Okee I have two questions for ya.

First: how much money have you put into the PC so far?
Second: how long are you expecting the computer to hold up?

He's put several thousand dollars into it I think.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

Postby Balubish » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:31 am

Telomirin wrote:Okee I have two questions for ya.

Custom Watercooling = About $700-750 with extra fans and dyes etc.
PC main parts = About $1500 Case, CPU, MB, Mem + $360 for an Gigabyte R9 280X that I might have destroyed. Still works, kinda :)
And recently a new graphicscard with waterblock preinstalled for $700

And this is my first watercooling loop ever bought and hope and plan to use it for many years. Hopefully on next build to in the future.

So total is around $3300-3500

Not included is 2pcs SSD's, 1pcs Raptor and 2pcs regular drives and a monitor and a PSU that I already had.

Atleast for 5-7 years and some minor upgrades with with maybe a bigger harddrive and such.
And I probably can use it long time over that. Just adding another graphics card and a PSU then when it starts to get to slow. But probably not. By then I hope 4K have become mainstream and affordable with graphicscard and monitor and will then upgrade to that I think. Who knows, its long time away :)

My last PC I built 2006 that I had to last year, could still play Diablo3 and TF2 on max settngs last year. And that hold up very long. And that one I didnt even overclock at all.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 am

Telomirin wrote:
Balubish wrote:So total is around $3300-3500

One day I'll have that kind of money! :D at least I hope

Balubish wrote:Atleast for 5-7 years and some minor upgrades

That sounds like a good deal for the money getting put in :)

Well keep in mind also I have both saved up money for a year and and started the build in April last year, so i didnt buy all now. I just made the watercooling loop now and the graphics card became kinda a impulse buy because I really wanted to get finished with it.
Yeah I noticed around year 2000 that If I bought a pc prebuilt for say about $2000 bucks I could build it myself with the same main parts that makes the same performance, mainboard, graphics card, cpu and all that for about $1200 instead and they had the same performance. If you buy a PC prebuilt you pay alot for nothing. Do it yourself and you save alot.
And yeah this is the most expensive build I have ever done. But I hope as I said, I hope I can have the radiator etc for a long time even after this pc.

Telomirin wrote:"However, you mentioned 4k gaming, how expensive is it currently?"

Currently what I've seen you basicly need 2 or 3xGTX titans with 4GB each $1000 bucks each so say $3000 just for graphics cards. Or I've seen dual 295X in QuadFire.
But the FPS arent that impressive at all at 4K. Several games that are out now dont even come up at 60fps with that setup. So 3000 bucks for cards, then you need the rest of a PC too and a quite expensive 60fps 4K monitor added too that. So I guess to make a playable 4K gaming setup with all the games out there today u need to spend atleast $5000 on the PC only and that might just be enough for playing at high settings a few years at most. My build is mainly for 1920x1080p with all settings at max, max AA etc. Can probably run it fine at 2560X1440p too. I have even forced the graphics card to run at max AA all the time and noticed and TF2/Diablo 3 for example looked better even though I had max settings on ingame. And performance wise im not done testing though.
But a small example Bioshock Infinite at highest settings the fps are at 120-240fps all the time. It cant lag at all. TF2 jumping between 150-300fps that is the roof and the graphics card only works at 25-35% load then.

Note: Yes its alot of money. But I work and have it as a hobby and have saved up some money of it. And say that it works fine for 6-7 years that I think it will, its about $500-600 a year. So this is the way to do it for me. And im fine by spending alot of money at once and then have a good performance pc over a long time instead. And I know not everybody can do it but this is my way and how I do it :)
I have friends that bought small cheap upgrades but had to do it then several times over the same time period say 2-3 graphics cards etc. And sure its a basicly how much you can afford and how much you wanna spend really. As my hobby and money wise this is the money I spend on it and have great performance over long time period.
Last edited by Balubish on Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:47 pm

So mixing the Mayhems Clear UV Blue dye and Mayhems Aurora Blue Nebula. First up, UV dye to get that nice blue glow just like the Lepa Fan in the back. And after the middle im adding the Mayhems Aurora Nebula Blue with particle effects.
Have to add a led into the res to highlight it but I show in the video how it looks when you see it with lights on it. So will order a top plug with led mounting to highlight the nebula effect in the res. Will do a video about that too.
Let me know what you think guys. Best regards Balubish

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello again guys! Will add some benchmarks both stock and OC and temp especially on a watercooled graficscard. This cause its an 780 so it produce quite alot of heat I guess in general.
First up Stock settings. Temp are seen in the right upper corner.
Heaven Benchmark Stock

Valley Benchmark Stock

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:35 pm

So I did a decibel test on my rig just now, had 2 apps on my phone so cant trust it completely.
But the noise lvl I got was between 35db-40db. And thanks to the water and fans that are locked at the same speed always it doesnt change.
And basicly the only thing I hear is wind, cant hear the pump or fans just wind sound thru the radiator. :D :D :D Just what I was looking for when I built the watercooling loop.

Comparison:
Whisper Quiet Library at 30dB
Normal conversation at 60-65dB

Edit: I can hear a fly fart... :lol:
Last edited by Balubish on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balubish
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Intense Debate