Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Re: Watercooling PC...

Postby Balubish » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Update! Will add an unboxing video of all the parts I bought and they arrived today. And yeah with my bad engrish.
And I will start the build on friday probably and today im preparing to flush the radiator and hopefully have a functional pump too also. A good way to test it out I guess. Just waiting for the video can upload so I can start flush it.
Here are the radiator spot I have planned for it and also why. You can see the regular 120mm fan on top of it. It doesnt really fit in my case and.

Flushing the radiator and testing the pump.

And here is a pic of the small flushing loop just waiting for my power supply that im currently using and water to start it. And this is probably "still not sure yet" how I will mount the res directly too the pump top but not sure if that gonna work in the case at all.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby CR33D » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:10 pm

I was always nervous about leakage if I had a Custom Loop. I'll probably buy a CLC pretty soon when I get back from camp. Any recomendations? I'm looking at some of Corsair's stuff~ and maybe a Noctua if I decide I want air cooling.
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

Postby Balubish » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:25 pm

CR33D wrote:I was always nervous about leakage if I had a Custom Loop. I'll probably buy a CLC pretty soon when I get back from camp. Any recomendations? I'm looking at some of Corsair's stuff~ and maybe a Noctua if I decide I want air cooling.

I have at this moment and have run it for a year a H80i and are super happy with it. But cause im overclocking alot it would be better with a H100i for example. More cooling with 240rad and slower fans speeds. So if you can fit a 240rad in your case I recomend that. Not sure if there is newer model of H100i but that would work nice. And sure Noctua are a great choice too. If your not gonna overclock alot your fine with a Noctua. But if you wanna ramp up the speed even more I recommend a CLC over a Noctua air. Cause they are good but they have a limit. So does watercooling but alot further up.

Well i did test the pump just tightening the fittings and hoses with my fingers and didnt leak. So basicly you cant get too leak if you arent a really clumsy person though :) But the hose I bought are soft really soft so when u tighten the compression fitting over it its basicly sealing it very easy and all fittings that I bought think most have O-rings. So to fail on that is basicly not gonna happen. And you should always leak test for an our or 24, depends on how u wanna test it. "Edit" I tested it for 5 min and no leaks!
And to do so you always disconnect all the power connections on the motherboard. And use distilled water that dont conduct electricity. It will over time thought but if you change the water 2 times every year you would be fine if it started leaking, but I think I can only start leaking if a part gets broken for some reason. Seen some clips of ppl screwing down the block wrong and tighten it in a corner first and then next and that makes some block flex and basicly you might break the block seal.
But I will follow the manual for all the things im unsure of and probably wont have any problems. And I will fo sho only leak test for about 15 minutes cause I want that shit running :)
Last edited by Balubish on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:15 am

Update: Build so far. More stuff left though And Cr33d I tested it for about 5minutes so if you dont see a leak in the first hour or so the chance of it leaking is very low. And I only screwed down all fittings by hand. I probably will order Universal GPU block, cant hold myself back wanna try it too. And I need a fan controller. Those radiator fans are running at 2200rpm and sound like wind tunnel. Not much fan noise but alot of wind noise.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Latest update.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:25 pm

So right now I ordered this: Image I know I said I wasnt sure but fuck it!

I cant wait to save up money to buy another card and buy a full cover block. And I tested some Battlefield 4. And the water temp was in the high 30C degrees and dont want that, cause all the warm air from the graphics card is heating up the radiator and the complete waterloop so. Hopefully i will get it to work and also add 2 80mm fans to the card "just if" the VRams etc gets overheated. If I get it to work it will get super quiet. Cause on the card there is now three 70mm fans I think and they get loud when gaming. No wonder cause the card is filling the case with 60-70c degrees of warm air. I hope I can end that shit :D

Balubish
Donator

Postby CR33D » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:18 pm

hnnggggg

You better take a video of that being filled. It's so sexy~_~
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

Postby Balubish » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:32 am

CR33D wrote:hnnggggg

You better take a video of that being filled. It's so sexy~_~

hnnnggggg? Not sure what this mean but who am I to ask stupid questions lol

Yeah I will probably add a video on that too and test it out. Only sad thing is that they build the cards upside down to help out with dust etc so it will be facing down :( But yeah its a good looking universal block indeed.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 am

And now I lowered the pump to the lowest setting from 4800rpm too 1800rpm. Test how it behaves. Looks fine for the moment. It actually one degree lower than the MB, at idle 28C and MB 29. Never seen that before. But kinda make sense I guess, cause the water going trough the rad slower and can be cooled off more until it exit the rad. I did set the CPU at 4.7GHz now though and also lowered the core voltage about. 0.3volts can probably go lower. Don't know why the automatic overclock did set the voltage so high if it didnt need to be. Im still learning.
Last edited by Balubish on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:03 am

So the day after I built my own loop I gave my Corsair H80i to my brother and he have AMD socket on his, think he have FX8350 CPU. I helped him build it and we did use the Original cooler that comes with the CPU.
And as some of you guys may know the socket is different to intel, mainly more crap on AMD. They have the pins on the CPU and you lock them down on the socket. So this shit happened when we removed the stock cooler.
Ripped the CPU out of the socket even though it was locked down. CRAP!

The thermal paste was like glue and even though the CPU block was only supposed to come off It ripped off the CPU even when it was locked down. Gladly the CPU was not broken but I have heard ppl ripping pins of the CPU thanks to that and then you can throw it away. I needed a thermal paste remover that eats up the thermal paste just to get it off the block. It was basicly glued down on it. CRAP!
But thankfully it still works fine and he got really low temps on his AMD with the H80i so hes very happy now that his pc is now so quiet. :D

Other news on my watercooling loop though. The GPU block has arrived and gonna pick it up after work. Bad news I messed up the order and only ordered a package of 10 mem chip passive cooler blocks.
But what I can see on the GPU It have 12 mem chips so gotta look closer on it and see If I need to order more blocks for them.

Edit: I might not need mem chip cooling on for the card, only need a fan for the power delivery items as I looked on this pretty new hybrid cooler and they are not using it. So I guess my cooling will look like this sort of.
Last edited by Balubish on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balubish
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Intense Debate