Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Re: Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts

Postby Balubish » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

I relized yesterday I can make easy color swap on my system basicly with my new system. And sure I already knew and loved that part about watercooling from the beginning.
But here is an example for you guys how you can do that.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Postby Balubish » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:53 am

So this is a noobtip for you guys that might plan buying and building ur own loop in the future.
Explaining how to be careful with positive pressure. Most builds have a radiator up top in the case, I even have it higher and big ass one too. It containst about 0,5liters of water.
And that beeing above the reservoir can be problematic depending on were you have the return to it.

And I had poison green/yellow in the loop, flushed out the green with pink dyed water and it became yellow, wtf is up with that??? :)

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:49 pm

DIY cleaning your Ho_se tip.

Balubish
Donator

Postby L0wsound » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:54 am

Balubish wrote:DIY cleaning your Ho_se tip.

how bout pipe cleaners?
L0wsound

Postby Balubish » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:38 am

L0wsound wrote:
Balubish wrote:DIY cleaning your Ho_se tip.

how bout pipe cleaners?

Yeah probaly soft ones that dont scratch the inside of the tubes would work fine. But can be tricky if you have several bends on one pipe though.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:52 am

Hello World!
Im in the planning stage of trying out hardline tubing for the first time. Why? Cause it looks fuckin awesome and I want to learn, cause yeah, im a nerd.
Also probably gonna go with PETG tubing instead of acrylic tubing.

This first plan is an overkill one. Yellow is the loop, Green boxes are valves to empty the loop and also added another 120mm radiator.
The blue lines are for empty the loop as much as it is possible. Problem is you cant really empty the CPU loop and I kinda have to figure out another plan on that I guess but it would look cool as hell I think.

And here is the simple route also with a 120mm rad in the back. This way is much cheaper than the first one and I can empty the loop completetly.
Blue and left red from the 120mm rad is for empty the loop.
Personally if I dont solve how to empty the CPU on the first I will probably go with this one but still wanted to hear what you guys think. :!:

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:01 am

So its that time of the year. Upgrading my PC a bit. And yes its watercooling related. I want to get lower watertemps.
Even now the late part of summer the water temp is around 30-31c degrees when idle thanks to all OC when the room temp is around 25c.

How to solve this is with more radiators. Even though I bought a 120mm rad it should help some. One 120mm is enough to cool a AMD R9 Fury X so should lower the temps a bit.
I will put this one in the back of the case. Almost all cases have a 120mm fan spot on the back of it. Main reason I didnt go with another monsta rad is cause it wouldnt fit. Plain and simple why.

This is what I've ordered.
EKWB EK-CoolStream PE 120 Radiator

And a fan that I know work well, already have 2 of these.
Cooler Master Jetflow

And two of these just in case I need to route it differently.
EKWB EK-AF Adapter 90° G1/4 BK Fitting

So upgrading stepwise is adding up a few bucks on the watercooling total cost. No wonders there right :P
So I have alrady bought 2 Jetflo fans before and now a 3rd and rad and 2 fittings I am a bit over $750-800 on the watercooling.
O yeah while typing this I remember i bought a fancontroller of my working college. So more closely $800 for watercooling only.
Just these 3 parts cost $92 btw. :roll:

Will post a video of on performance cooling boost I get from it.

Best regards Balubish

Balubish
Donator

Re: Watercooling PC... Around $650 in parts Edit= $800

Postby Balubish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:12 am

Now in the system. Still need to do some changes though. It will come in a video explaining the problem.

I was also wondering if I could mod the GPU light to blue, I cannot.
I opened it up while i had the card removed and there was a big block of frosted acrylic behind it and the there was a red led mounted on the GPU board I think.
So that was a no no. :S I was hoping it was only a plastic colored sheet but, fail on that part.
So are stuck with red.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:45 am

So my UV LED strip from Phobya broke maybe 2-3 months after I mounted them in my case. Now I bought 5Meters raw UV Led strip and have made my own.
So when one fail and light dims out I can toss that fucker away and insert a new one.

Im really surprised how bright these were as you can see in the bottom part where the led is really close to the hose and almost becomes pure white glowing.
I thought the ones I bought from Phobya would be as bright and I thought ok this is how it should be.
In these pics I have tested with maybe 50cm strip, but are pretty sure 10cm would be enough to light up what you want.

Also perfect its all 12V so you can just cut the length you want and put some cables on it.
Another great thing there is silicone covering the leds and other parts so it cant short out in your case aswell. Pretty neat.

The hoses I have had from start react blue to UV light. So as you can see I tested with Pink UV dye and the reservoir stays pink and hoses stay blue. Pretty neat combo.
Note: The camera makes it glow a bit more than it is.

If you are interested pimping ur PC with similar go with the models I've bought. SMD 5050 LEDS. Dont need much and really bright.
Link to how they look so you dont get scammed. http://www.flexfireleds.com/pages/Comparison-between-3528-LEDs-and-5050-LEDs.html
And the 5050 have actually 3 points on each led that light up.

Balubish
Donator

Postby Balubish » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:06 am

Looks like watercooling is becoming more and more mainstream. Pretty neat and cool, get it cool hue hue hue.
Pretty cool if you use several cards or whatever and even if one pump fails it will still keep going.

Balubish
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Intense Debate